Brewer Fanatic

Chris Sale Traded? Update: Sent Home for Clubhouse Incident

Verified Member
Will Chris Sale be permanently labeled a "head case" or is that reserved for "fiery" Latin American players? Because this is honestly the most ridiculous/idiotic thing I can remember an MLB player doing.

Will Chris Sale be permanently labeled a "head case" or is that reserved for "fiery" Latin American players? Because this is honestly the most ridiculous/idiotic thing I can remember an MLB player doing.

I think it is more than what it appears. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a fued brewing with the White Sox and Sale. Sale was probably out to make a statement.

If I was a White Sox fan, I would be more upset about the tantrum he threw when they told that idiot LaRoche to keep his kid out of the locker room occasionally than I would be about this.

Community Moderator

Not that it really matters, but I like the details being reported such as "he cut every jersey" and the fact he used a knife instead of a scissors. Seems like it would take some real effort to slash a clubhouse full of uni's.

The ironic part is that Sale 70's throwback jersey is probably about to turn into a hot seller.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Not that it really matters, but I like the details being reported such as "he cut every jersey" and the fact he used a knife instead of a scissors. Seems like it would take some real effort to slash a clubhouse full of uni's.

The ironic part is that Sale 70's throwback jersey is probably about to turn into a hot seller.

What I don't get is how nobody caught him. There had to be players or clubhouse attendants or someone in there while he was cutting the jerseys up.

I just don't get why the White Sox were being so difficult about this. If your starting pitcher says a jersey isn't comfortable, why would you make him wear it? If it's that uncomfortable, you would think other players would be uncomfortable wearing them too. Wouldn't you then ask what's uncomfortable about them and seek suggestions on how to make them more comfortable and then not wear them until those adjustments are made?

Obviously Sale shouldn't have cut the jerseys up but still, listen to your players and fix the problem, don't make them wear the jerseys.

Sale sounds mentally unstable. MLB making money off marketing is part of business. And it's a business that allows him an eight figure salary, year after year. Sale, if you don't like what you think is corporate greed, give away your salary to charity. What's that? You like your high salary?

Heck of a pitcher, though.

Would love it if the Braves got Sale. http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2016/7/23/12264098/braves-chris-sale-trade-rumors-white-sox

Have to believe that whatever team trades for Sale, Lucroy would not be an option for them after. That would be a massive hit on the farm system that I don't think any team could take.

Lucroy, Scooter, Carter and Torres for Sale, then flip Sale for Texas top 5 prospects(Gallo, Mazara, Ortiz, Tate, Brinson).

Do the Brewers still let the starting pitcher select the game uniform? I know that used to be a thing (with exception of special uniforms on specifically scheduled dates).

Yes still done except on days with a specific uniform. That is why it seems we wear the blue BIG uniforms 5 days a week.

If they're on the road, they also have to consider the home team's choice of jersey. If the home team chooses something close to navy blue (e.g. black), the Brewers will need to wear gray.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Do the Brewers still let the starting pitcher select the game uniform? I know that used to be a thing (with exception of special uniforms on specifically scheduled dates).

Yes still done except on days with a specific uniform. That is why it seems we wear the blue BIG uniforms 5 days a week.

If they're on the road, they also have to consider the home team's choice of jersey. If the home team chooses something close to navy blue (e.g. black), the Brewers will need to wear gray.

Yah I think that is the only time they wear gray.

Would love it if the Braves got Sale. http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2016/7/23/12264098/braves-chris-sale-trade-rumors-white-sox

Have to believe that whatever team trades for Sale, Lucroy would not be an option for them after. That would be a massive hit on the farm system that I don't think any team could take.

Lucroy, Scooter, Carter and Torres for Sale, then flip Sale for Texas top 5 prospects(Gallo, Mazara, Ortiz, Tate, Brinson).

So Lucroy and a bunch of garbage? Yah not happening.

More like Lucroy, Arcia, and Phillips/Clark. That could probably get you in the running. Sale is ridiculously good, cheap, and controllable for a long time. Trading for him and flipping him doesn't make any sense unless the White Sox wanted MLB players which it doesn't sound like the do. If they did then it would take Lucroy, Braun after eat a ton of salary, Nelson, and Jeffress. Maybe less, but who even knows. Trading MLB players for Sale just to trade him would go down as the greatest transaction in eternity. Which then doesn't make any sense because we would get more prospects and more overall value trading them separately than trying to trade Sale alone. Though I guess we could get a Moncada if we were trading Sale...but again I'd rather have a good 15+ prospects than 5 or so we could get for Sale.

Honestly I don't know why I am still typing. This idea is crazy since Sale is at the peak of value a player could possibly have. It's like paying $50,000 for a car worth $50,000 and say you are going to flip it. All you would do is flip it for the same amount or less. There is no potential for growth.

I don't think Lucroy, Arcia, plus Phillips and/or Clark gets it done. The Brewers lack assets. Phillips could be nothing more than a 4th outfielder and defensive replacement late. Clark was taken fifteenth overall over Brady Aiken and a total unknown. Arcia is a slick fielder who is not hitting in a hitters park in triple A.

Sale to the Brewers isn't really worth contemplating.

I don't think Lucroy, Arcia, plus Phillips and/or Clark gets it done. The Brewers lack assets. Phillips could be nothing more than a 4th outfielder and defensive replacement late. Clark was taken fifteenth overall over Brady Aiken and a total unknown. Arcia is a slick fielder who is not hitting in a hitters park in triple A.

Sale to the Brewers isn't really worth contemplating.

Well they want five top prospects. Lucroy is worth two, Arcia is another, Phillips is a third, and I guess you need Clark to get it to five. I guess in my mind someone flips Lucroy for two prospects. Whether we do that prior to a trade of if the White Sox do it themselves.

I understand those guys have downsides, but all prospects do. They are all still highly rated just like other teams prospects. I don't know if that offer truly wins it, but it would be a competitive offer. This is all just for fun though.

This reminds me of how I used to build a team of stars on Ken Griffey Jr. baseball for N64 as a kid. Flip a few scrubs for a star. Then grab a few more scrubs off free agency and flip them for another star. Repeat the process.

What I don't get is how nobody caught him. There had to be players or clubhouse attendants or someone in there while he was cutting the jerseys up.

"Hey kid, here's $100, go wash the pine tar off my batting helmet. I'll get these unis out to the guys." (Finds closet or bathroom stall.)

SUNDAY: The White Sox have issued a five-day suspension to Sale as a result of his actions Saturday. He’ll be out of action through Wednesday.

“Chris has been suspended for violating team rules, for insubordination and for destroying team equipment,” Hahn stated. “While we all appreciate Chris’ talent and passion, there is a correct way and an incorrect way to express concerns about team rules and organizational expectations.”

Chris Sale is my crazy ex-girlfriend!

Archived