Brewer Fanatic

Chris Sale Traded? Update: Sent Home for Clubhouse Incident

Community Moderator

I will move this thread over to the Major League forum if a trade indeed goes through, but thought we could start a thread now as the speculation on a Chris Sale trade begins to explode.

I am not even sure how many teams have enough top-end prospect talent to acquire 3.5 years of Chris Sale? Assume some current major leaguers could potentially be included as well.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I am not even sure how many teams have enough prospect talent to acquire 3.5 years of Chris Sale? Assume some current major leaguers would potentially be included as well.

Astros. It would need to be Bregman and/or Reed, one of the top flight pitching prospects, Musgrove or Martes and few lower tier guys. I don't want to give up Bregman. But there's a ton of talent to get Sale.

Community Moderator
Have heard varying degrees of speculation that includes the Red Sox, Rangers, and Astros as in on Sale. Any of those would likely gut one of the farm systems the Brewers could have matched up with on a trade.

Though the good news is that two of those teams would be without a big move and when you get oh so close to getting a high impact guy you likely turn to find another. That's when you hold out Lucroy and smile :)

twirly, the "Buster Olney" that posted that trade has 30 followers and has this as his twitter profile setting...

Serious bowel movement issues. Amateur birdwatcher. Yes, I live with my mom. *Not the real Buster Olney. Parody.*

twirly, the "Buster Olney" that posted that trade has 30 followers and has this as his twitter profile setting...

Serious bowel movement issues. Amateur birdwatcher. Yes, I live with my mom. *Not the real Buster Olney. Parody.*

Those parody accounts get people every year.

I had a search for Chris Sale because I wasn't signed in and I saw the verified check mark next to his name. Maybe I just saw the check mark of someone else right above or below the fake Olney account though.

I had a search for Chris Sale because I wasn't signed in and I saw the verified check mark next to his name. Maybe I just saw the check mark of someone else right above or below the fake Olney account though.

The part about living with his mom is probably what got you. That sounds pretty accurate.

Fanrag editor Stokke just stated it was due to Sale not liking the throwback uniforms and then heproceeded to cut up all the uniforms

Jeff Passan has confirmed this report. Sale took a scissors to all of the uniforms.

This is awesome if it is true.

If I was a player for the Brewers, I would probably do the same thing. Or I'd just wear the uniform I want to wear and either make the team scratch me from the start or have everyone else go in and change uniforms.

Well...that's one way to say you don't like a uniform. Guessing Sale tried to bring this up prior only to be told to live with it. Because I highly doubt he would go to such lengths without requesting not to wear them.

Community Moderator
If I was a player for the Brewers, I would probably do the same thing. Or I'd just wear the uniform I want to wear and either make the team scratch me from the start or have everyone else go in and change uniforms.

Do the Brewers still let the starting pitcher select the game uniform? I know that used to be a thing (with exception of special uniforms on specifically scheduled dates).

Do the Brewers still let the starting pitcher select the game uniform? I know that used to be a thing (with exception of special uniforms on specifically scheduled dates).

Yes still done except on days with a specific uniform. That is why it seems we wear the blue BIG uniforms 5 days a week.

Archived