Brewer Fanatic

Montgomery/Pries to Cubs, Vogelbach/Blackburn to Mariners

And That

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/07/cubs-mariners-trade-montgomery-vogelbach.html

Montgomery has had a nice season, completely off of my radar. He hasn't been too bad against RHB.

Vogelbach was probably never going to play for the Cubs. He makes Schwarber look like the picture of athleticism on defense. Good hitter, though.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/07/cubs-mariners-trade-montgomery-vogelbach.html

Montgomery has had a nice season, completely off of my radar. He hasn't been too bad against RHB.

Vogelbach was probably never going to play for the Cubs. He makes Schwarber look like the picture of athleticism on defense. Good hitter, though.

I saw Montgomery's name and was like, "Is that the same guy from KC/Tampa system?" He was such as a disappointment - I was happy to see how well he has done. Good for him. It just shows you some guys need time to develop.

Vogelbach needed to be in the AL so badly. I can't think of a player who profiles as a DH better than him.

Vogelbach's likely no worse than Carter defensively and he's got a nice upside as a hitter with power that also makes decent contact and has a good eye at the plate. He's a better hitting prospect than say Mat Gamel was and the Brewers have nothing on the horizon at 1B. I'd have taken him for Smith in a flash.

Yah no thanks I would not want Vogelbach. His defense is a total disaster and he is slower than a tortoise walking in molasses with a semi tied to it. He would have to really destroy the league with the bat to be an above average non DH player. I am talking 4 WAR player with the bat alone because after you take into account his defense and base running he will be lucky to have 2 WAR overall.

Archived