Brewer Fanatic

2016-07-19 Brewers (Guerra) at Pirates (Taillon), 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-2]

1992casey
I said before the season that i wasn't concerned about wins and losses and there was some positives in this game, but that is an awful way to lose.

I think most were expecting them to get blown out all the time but they've actually been in most games and lost so many by utter incompetence, not lack of talent but just plain stupidity. Overall it seems like they're more competitive this year than the last year and a half despite having less talent.

Flores is literally a zero tool player. I get trading Sardines but I have no idea why anyone would trade for Flores let alone give him 250 plate appearances on a major league team.

Flores hit .282/.376/.449 over 655 plate appearances as a 22-23 year old in AAA. You don't understand why a rebuilding team struck with injuries at his position would give him 250+ PA as a 24 year old to see what he can do?

How can anyone be upset? Brewers have played better then some thought.. Yeah they lost some close ones but it's a rebuilding team, so what

We all realize this is a rebuildint team but man, it is the dumb stuff we see them do that is disappointing - stuff Little Leaguers rarely do. These Keystone Cops can find more bizarre ways to lose games... :tongue

Flores is literally a zero tool player. I get trading Sardines but I have no idea why anyone would trade for Flores let alone give him 250 plate appearances on a major league team.

Flores hit .282/.376/.449 over 655 plate appearances as a 22-23 year old in AAA. You don't understand why a rebuilding team struck with injuries at his position would give him 250+ PA as a 24 year old to see what he can do?

Flores has a nice swing. I just don't think he's learned how to get himself into hitters counts and do damage so he's too often in defensive mode at the plate. Part if it undoubtedly is hitting 8th in the order. That's a tough spot for a young hitter. Nieuwenhuis is the kind of everyday player you see on 100 loss teams. There were some legit CF out there who wouldn't have cost much, but Brewers chose the cheap route. Didn't help that Broxton can't hit a lick against major league pitching either.

Overall the OF production would have been fine had they just held on to Davis another year. I didn't get that trade when it happened and I get it less now. The return was not what a top 10 HR hitter in the league in his controllable prime should bring you. Not even close.

I doubt the Brewers plan coming into the season was to give Flores and Kirk this many ABs, but it happens. Santana being injured hasn't helped, and Broxton forcing his way back down to AAA have opened up all of these ABs for Flores and Kirk. I would like to see Michael Reed get a shot over one of these two guys, but if not him, who else do you think they should be playing in the OF?

Flores has a nice swing. I just don't think he's learned how to get himself into hitters counts and do damage so he's too often in defensive mode at the plate. Part if it undoubtedly is hitting 8th in the order. That's a tough spot for a young hitter. Nieuwenhuis is the kind of everyday player you see on 100 loss teams. There were some legit CF out there who wouldn't have cost much, but Brewers chose the cheap route. Didn't help that Broxton can't hit a lick against major league pitching either.

Overall the OF production would have been fine had they just held on to Davis another year. I didn't get that trade when it happened and I get it less now. The return was not what a top 10 HR hitter in the league in his controllable prime should bring you. Not even close.

Ifs and buts they say...it may have been fine if Santana hadn't gotten hurt. Who knows?

Archived