Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

patrickgpe
I don't get to watch Bucks games because I"m not in state and don't have League Pass. I'm just curious what the general take is on the team so far to this point. I'm also curious what the take is on Parker.

Parker is coming around, people forget that he and Giannis are only 21. The team is playing better than expectations and has an outside chance of a top 4 seed in the east. Giannis is pretty much an all star lock, i agree Brogden will be in the rookie game. My only complaint is still what i said on draft day, bucks should have drafted Sabonis over Maker.

No sir. Sabonis looks like a Ryan Anderson upside type of guy. Maker has much higher risk but if he becomes something we'll be top 1-2 in the East for years (down the road).

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a pretty good feeling that in 3 years, not to many people will be upset over Thon pick. Let him like Giannis add strength. He has a beautiful stroke, kid is a very smooth shooter for a 7' guy and his handles are already impressive, only will get better.

Most part I've been impressed with this team. Not have Middleton in the 4th is what is killing them. He is their clutch scorer down stretch & brings great defense with it.

Delli, Mirza, Parker, Giannis Snell are consistent down stretch shooters. Beasley & Terry either. They are just missing that guy who will knock down big shots when needed.... That is what Middleton does. He is their Ray Allen, Michael Reed guy

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm starting to think Giannis could legitimately be the best player in the league in 2 - 4 years.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Going into the season I really wondered if teams wouldn't be able to figure out Point Giannis, and that he'd be run ragged by the workload. But holy cow his numbers are incredible. And what's scary is he said after this last Bulls game "I'm just starting to figure it out." And it definitely doesn't hurt my fandom that he seems like a genuinely good person.

It really wouldn't surprise me at the point when LBJ starts showing his age that Giannis may be talked about as the best player in the game. Raise the FG% and 3P% by about 5 points and he's there. He's improved on everything thing else, so that wouldn't surprise me, either.

I'm still happy with the Thon pick. The team is trying to build on a fairly specific and hard-to-find skillset and Thon perfectly fits the mold, which makes it worth it even if that meant his immediate talent was 5-10 slots later than the Bucks picked.

Just wait; Hammond will do something stupid since we are in the playoff picture and trade someone he shouldn't. Not sure who that someone would be but I cant imagine he would be stupid enough to trade any of Giannis, Parker, Maker, Brogdon, or Middleton.

I believe they got darn close to doing something like that last deadline involving Dwight Howard. The politics of the Bucks front office is tough to figure out, I don't recall for sure who was supposedly pushing for what. But to the best of my memory it was Kidd pushing for the trade and the owners had to veto it, which is what seemingly has led to Kid having less personnel power. My guess is Hammond was on the side of not doing it, I really think if he wasn't saddled with tinkering owners (old and new) that he'd have been a much better GM. Seemed like a lot of times he probably knew better but had to appease their desires or would get overruled by an idiot like Kidd. But who knows, there's so many conflicting reports that you don't know who is responsible for what. Just wish they had a real Basketball Ops/GM with complete control, too many chefs in the kitchen imo.

Agreed tm, although I blame Kidd for some of the personnel issues too. He seems to think that you put together a team like a pickup game, grab the "best" 5 guys you can, and run. I think GA, JP and KM are untouchable. I can't imagine there is a market for Maker yet. If we do our annual "shake up" trade, I assume it will involve one of the Centers. They're paying too much for 3 guys who aren't the focus of the team. IMO, the mistake would be trading Henson, but he is probably the only one with actual value. I wish Teletovic was the scorer that I think they were hoping for. I think they're just missing a 15 a night wing from being really good. The leaps that Jabari and Giannis are making are just fun to watch. Those guys are REALLY good.

If the Kings make Cousins available would the Bucks be able to get him? Assuming the Bucks don't have to give up Parker or Giannis. Would Maker, a 1st and Monroe be able to get Cousins?

Monroe would have to be included for cap space. I am not sure that would get it done but the Bucks would have to be a favorite with Jabari, Cousins and Giannis for this year and next with Middleton coming back.

If the Kings make Cousins available would the Bucks be able to get him? Assuming the Bucks don't have to give up Parker or Giannis. Would Maker, a 1st and Monroe be able to get Cousins?

Monroe would have to be included for cap space. I am not sure that would get it done but the Bucks would have to be a favorite with Jabari, Cousins and Giannis for this year and next with Middleton coming back.

I don't think that's enough for Cousins. Not really even close to what Boston (for example) could offer.

I knew Giannis would get better this season... I just didn't think he'd get THIS MUCH better. He's a superstar. When he defends off the ball he eats up huge amounts of the court.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I don't think that's enough for Cousins. Not really even close to what Boston (for example) could offer.

That is what I was thinking. I know the Celtics can offer a better pick in the next draft than the Bucks can as they can swap picks with the Nets and get a top 5 pick out of it. Maybe a better target would be Rubio from the T'Wolves or Collison from the Kings instead. The Bucks would have to swap either Henson or Monroe with the T'Wolves to get Rubio to off set the cap I believe.

I don't think they need a better pointguard. Taking the ball out of Giannis' and Jabari's hands would just make the team worse.

The one guy I'd want is Patrick Beverly, but Houston LOVES him. I also think that's who I think Snell can become, honestly.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

the fact that the front office gave Plumlee that huge contract when he didn't/doesn't ever play makes me nervous about any potential moves they could make.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Yea no way to get Cousins without giving Jabari in my opinion. And really Boston is so loaded in assets I don't see anyway to outbid them, assuming they want him. They have their key pieces in place, just need to sort out the disater at the C position in the next couple years and get the right combo of bench pieces and they're ready to contend as soon as LBJ slows down a little bit.

Middleton is really the only asset of that bunch, and he's hurt with a somewhat rare injury. I'll be surprised if we get a 2 for Moose, and Beasley is the village bicycle, everyone gets a turn. If we were to get Boogie, I'm guessing our 1 would be in the mid 20s. I think SAC would ask for Giannis, and accept a package built around Jabari. The way those two are progressing this year, especially together, they are untouchable. Parker has been unstoppable of late.

the fact that the front office gave Plumlee that huge contract when he didn't/doesn't ever play makes me nervous about any potential moves they could make.

I'm pretty sure another GM called up Hammond and told him, "We're going to offer Plumlee 13 Million ov..." (Hammond interrupts) "13 million a season! I can do that!"

It won't take as much as you think for Boogie. They know he's gone after next season, and they'll get nothing for him if that happens. It's not like he has 5 more seasons on his contract or something.

Plus, if they keep waiting all they're doing is delaying their re-build. That team is in chaos, and it's because Cousins doesn't want to be there and everyone knows it. How can you rally the troops every night for the next two years when you know your star doesn't even want to be there?

That's why Middleton, Moose, Bease, and a #1 makes some sense. I agree it's probably not quite enough. They pick up Moose's expiring contract after next season, creates $18MM in cap space. Bease will be Bease and score for you for a season or two while you rebuild. Then you have Middleton for years on a very favorable contract.

If it takes Jabari to get it done, I wouldn't say absolutely not. None of us really knows Cousins and what kind of personality risk he is. If it's just a matter of getting out of Sac, and then he'll have the right attitude you have to consider making that deal.

Maybe if you toss in a second #1 it helps them consider, but SAC is going to assume those picks are in the 20s so won't put much value on it. And Middleton is coming off a terrible injury that is uncommon so not many know how he'll come back. I don't necessarily think that offer is terrible or unfair or anything. But just knowing Boston is sitting there with so much more to offer leads me to believe it's not getting done without Jabari. I mean, one BKN unprotected with one of Crowder/Bradley basically beats it, assuming they throw in an Olynic/Zeller type as well.

Boogie is also a complete head case. What makes anyone think he would even want to be here? I don't want to trade good players and draft picks for 3-4 months of a head case. I don't think he is enough to all of a sudden makes this a Finals team so I would just assume ride with what they have now.

Archived