Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

patrickgpe

So, the team isn't good, the bench is awful other than Monroe and Jason Kidd is playing the two guys he used to play with way too much, even though they are terrible.

ESPN's adjusted Plus/Minus just came out, Here's the Bucks team (and Brandon Knight, just because)

http://i.imgur.com/ELBl1J1.png

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That chart isn't showing plus/ minus?

ORPM is offensive rebounds plus minus

DRPM is defensive

RPM is total rebounds.

RPM is Real Plus Minus, or Adjusted Plus Minus.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/10740818/introducing-real-plus-minus

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

While I agree the team isn't good, superstars will get teams to the playoffs and Giannis is certainly turning into one. Jabari is starting to become the scorer we all thought he would be as well. Even if we want the team to tank it is not happening as long as Giannis is healthy.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
While I agree the team isn't good, superstars will get teams to the playoffs and Giannis is certainly turning into one. Jabari is starting to become the scorer we all thought he would be as well. Even if we want the team to tank it is not happening as long as Giannis is healthy.

Giannis put on a SHOW last night. I think it's possible this team can hover around .500 for the bulk of the year.

Chasing that 8th seed again!! YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

EDIT: And yes, this is not at all a "good" team, but there's things to watch. Parker is turning into a legit scorer. Brogdon can do a little bit of everything and is worth seeing if he can develop. Vaughn, likewise, is developing as a scoring option.

I think Vaughn will spend a good chunk of the season in the NBDL, probably wouldn't hurt him to get the run. I think they are fun to watch, they're obviously flawed without KM, but JP and GA are really entertaining. Plumlee is looking like a complete bust, but otherwise, I'm not too upset with the squad. Can you imagine the attention GA would get in a big market?

Yea, I can't see them staying near .500, but it's possible. Just way too many guys getting way more minutes than they should for their roles. But they need 5 guys on the court, so not much choice. They have barely beat bad teams missing their best players, even lost a couple of those. Some of those line-ups they have on the court, Beasely is literally the only guy who can score.

But I'll continue watching most of their games, because Giannis is worth watching. And yes, fun watching Jabari develop too. I hope as the season roles on we'll see Maker in the rotation. (I have no problem with him not playing right now, I'm sure they have a development plan.)

I do think making the playoffs should be the goal, you have to start somewhere. They just need to make way better roster decisions moving forward.

I wish the Bucks could play with that type of intensity and fire every not, not just when the Cavs and Warriors are on the floor with them.

They looked great last night, with back to back games against the Nets coming, hopefully they can use that Cavs game as a spark and go on a little run. No reason they shouldn't sweep the Nets here.

Middleton's injury was very severe. I probably wouldn't even bother with him coming back this year, give him the extra 5-6 months and make sure he gets as close to 100% as he can, which never might be the case. Positive is that he's not super reliant on athleticism so it's not huge if he loses a bit, it's all about shooting for him.

I'm kind of in love with Giannis.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm kind of in love with Giannis.

If loving GA is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

His shooting improvements from last year were impressive and really allowed him to expand on everything else (with defensing respecting his outside shot). If he makes much more improvement on his shot, he will be the best all-around player in the league.

Probably technically not quite right now vs Ray/Dog prime. But they certainly project to be, basically because Giannis is borderline top 10 already and he can't even shoot. He should be a top 5 player even if he never learns to shoot and the best player if he does, so pairing him with anyone near all-star level should trump Allen/Robinson who weren't anywhere close to that level themselves.

Is Parker and Giannis better than Allen and Robinson?

Ahhhhhhh hard to say right now because they offer such different things. Jabari and Big Dog cancel each other out IMO. Similar type scorers...defensively and rebounding also similar. Parker just more explosive.

Giannis is a talent the NBA hasn't really seen to much of in its history....at same time, there is not too many guys who could shoot a basketball and score as well as Ray did. Both really special players to watch.

Until Giannis and Parker get us on the door step of the finals just to have the refs screw them because a player like Iverson and team like the then 76ers are better for ratings..... I'll still have to go with Ray & Glenn

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

They're certainly different. I'm not sure there will ever be a direct comparison to them, or perhaps anyone. Maybe Magic/Worthy? I'm not sure I'd put Giannis in Magic's category, but he does seem to be on the track to being a 5-position player, and if Parker maintains his trajectory, he could be a nasty pure scorer.

Giannis is by far the best of the bunch. I say that as a guy who still has a purple #34 jersey which I can't even fit in to.

The supporting cast isn't nearly as good as that 2000-2001 Bucks team, but, remember, those were the only two playoff series that group won (the only two in the last 27 years, too)

Giannis is probably pretty close to equaling Big Dog or Ray alone, especially the Ray we had (he got better overall after he left). Parker is less than either Big Dog or Ray right now. But I think Giannis can be far better than either one. I saw someone estimate his peak at a cross between LeBron and Nowitzki. Lofty, yes, but plausible given that he is still so young and has made such huge strides lately.

Big Dog to Parker is a decent comparison, but Big Dog was way smoother scoring and came in very near his peak. Parker is better at dunking. He could reach BD's peak with a small possibility of being better defensively.

Archived