Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

patrickgpe

Jabari has only played 100 games, so hard to now what he is (or is not) yet. We know he can get to the rim, and that's about all we know right now. He has shown the ability to shoot, although not from 3- yet.

The NBA is full of guys who are good 3 point shooters who were not so good early in their careers. If he can add a 3 ball to his game, he will be a really, really good player. I think Jabari can be a better rebounder than what he has shown also.

Not sure trading him would make sense right now, they would be selling low. But I'm always open to any trade in any sport that makes sense. Jabari, Monroe, and a 1st round pick for Anthony Davis? Sure, sign me up. But that's the kind of player I would need back. Not worth putting a trade together for a shooter, no.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bucks need perimeter shooting from guards and wings. It's as obvious of a need as you will find. Middleton would help that for sure, but it's not enough. I've seen the first few games and defenses are laying off shooters blatantly.

Jabari has potential to shoot. He shows it at times. At other times, he forces the drive. He's an unbelievable finisher but he needs a solid jumper for him to be what we need him to be.

Jabari and Middleton as shooters on the wings, now you're on to something. But, you need a sixth man that can light it up from outside. Paging Ricky Pierce. That guy is not on the roster currently and is a major need.

By the way, I am not going to sit here and say Jabari cannot ever defend, which people claim is a foregone conclusion. Jabari is athletic and has the ability to be a solid defender. I am sky high on Jabari, and I will be very unhappy if we ever deal him. That would be a novice move. He's a winner.

Just be patient with Jabari and Giannis and reap the rewards.

What exactly is Jabari Parker? Is he a shooter? A defender? What does he do well?

i think parker, when he is on, can do a little bit of everything. last night he went 11-17 from the field and had 8 rebounds. As others have said he has only played in 106 games in his career and is only 21,fans need to be patient with him as he develops.

on a side night, last night was the first game i have watched, as i have been focused on the mlb playoffs. They did look really good against a pretty weak opponent. Seeing Maker make 2 garbage time 3's was pretty cool though. If he can grow into his body and make that shot, we could have something.

I would not consider Indiana to be a weak team; they are generally expected to make the playoffs.

Giannis has been very good so far and yesterday was a breakout for Parker. He hit some jumpers and was more aggressive.

I am liking Snell more and more; he is a great shooter. He isn't the all around player that Middleton is but he is a far more useful piece than MCW I think.

Plumlee and his contract already look like a disaster; he is not adding much of anything to the team right now.

I'll acknowledge the Middleton injury. I think it's similar to the Jordy Nelson injury last year, bigger effect than what you would think. But with what they have now, would not be surprised if they have the worst record in the NBA. Not predicting that, just wouldn't be surprised.

Since I'm a big "admit when you're wrong" guy, wow was I wrong about that. Played good team defense for the first time this season. Also, very encouraging to see multiple guys be able to knock down 3s. If they can continue to so that, they could actually be a really good team. Plus, even though Moose isn't a great fit for this team, he definitely brings something to the table with his work in the post.

What do you make of Maker? I saw most of his minutes in summer league, and was surprised he wasn't nearly as raw as people were saying. In fact, as a rookie, he's more advance than Giannis was. Maker can already shoot and had a good handle. All he needs to do is add muscle and learn the NBA game. Could be a real find here.

I would not consider Indiana to be a weak team; they are generally expected to make the playoffs.

Plumlee and his contract already look like a disaster; he is not adding much of anything to the team right now.

id admit i really don't start following the NBA at all until after baseball is done, so i am not up to speed. I did see in todays bleacher report power rankings they are ranked 20 (bucks 18). I know they added Teague and Ellis but their defense is horrible, how did they give 125 up to the bucks?

Plumlee is going to be a disaster of a contract, like Tim Thomas and a few others that the bucks have done. Its why you don't sign your own restricted free agents EVER. you let the market decide what their value is that decide if you want to match or not.

I'll acknowledge the Middleton injury. I think it's similar to the Jordy Nelson injury last year, bigger effect than what you would think. But with what they have now, would not be surprised if they have the worst record in the NBA. Not predicting that, just wouldn't be surprised.

Since I'm a big "admit when you're wrong" guy, wow was I wrong about that. Played good team defense for the first time this season. Also, very encouraging to see multiple guys be able to knock down 3s. If they can continue to so that, they could actually be a really good team. Plus, even though Moose isn't a great fit for this team, he definitely brings something to the table with his work in the post.

What do you make of Maker? I saw most of his minutes in summer league, and was surprised he wasn't nearly as raw as people were saying. In fact, as a rookie, he's more advance than Giannis was. Maker can already shoot and had a good handle. All he needs to do is add muscle and learn the NBA game. Could be a real find here.

I think Maker has a real chance if he plays the right game. D up, block some shots, protect the rim, get boards. Sure, he's thin. But he has considerable length, coordination, and tenacity.

Meanwhile, I love Brogdon's game. He can be a rock solid rotational guy. I'm hoping for an Avery Bradley type. A guy who helps find ways to win games.

Regarding all other comments - how is the bench weak? There are going to be various starting lineups but off the bench you're looking at Delly or Snell along with Teletovic shooting 39-40% from deep. Beasley is instant offense. Monroe will kill reserve Centers while not getting killed on defense because the average reserve Center isn't good. Henson will alter shots and rebound. Then mix in an all-around player in Brogdon, veteran in Terry and length in Thon.

1) Delly and Snell are going to be starting, so they aren't coming off the bench.

2) Beasley's team was 10 points WORSE with him on the court last year in Houston. He might score a lot but he literally does nothing else well, especially not anything on the defensive end

3) Rookies cannot be counted on to perform in the NBA. They very, very rarely do.

4) Terry is done, he can't guard anyone, and can't get by anyone with the ball anymore. He's a spot up 3-point shooter, not much different than Novak.

5) Monroe will get killed on defense, same as last year, because the defensive scheme asks him to do things he simply cannot do.

Bench has been weak, right? Ranked 2nd best behind SA. Brogdon says hi.

Brogdon has been a nice surprise, I was worried he may be too slow, but it hasn't been exposed badly yet. I hope they find a few minutes here and there for Maker, and I'm sure they will as the season progresses. Would love to see this team with Middleton. Such a shame he is hurt.

Is Maker better off riding the bench in Milwaukee, or playing a lot of minutes in the D League? This is something I always wonder about. In Milwaukee, even if he isn't playing he's involved in all the practices, meetings, traveling with the team, etc. You would think that would help his development adjusting to the NBA, learning the offense, the structure of how Kidd does things, etc. Is that more valuable than playing a lot of run and gun in the D League?

Yeah, I'd rather have him with the team. Probably just as important for him to learn how to be a professional at this point. Not sure his body could take the wear and tear of the D-League. I'm sure they are working a strength regimen with him. I think he's going to be special.

Regarding all other comments - how is the bench weak? There are going to be various starting lineups but off the bench you're looking at Delly or Snell along with Teletovic shooting 39-40% from deep. Beasley is instant offense. Monroe will kill reserve Centers while not getting killed on defense because the average reserve Center isn't good. Henson will alter shots and rebound. Then mix in an all-around player in Brogdon, veteran in Terry and length in Thon.

1) Delly and Snell are going to be starting, so they aren't coming off the bench.

2) Beasley's team was 10 points WORSE with him on the court last year in Houston. He might score a lot but he literally does nothing else well, especially not anything on the defensive end

3) Rookies cannot be counted on to perform in the NBA. They very, very rarely do.

4) Terry is done, he can't guard anyone, and can't get by anyone with the ball anymore. He's a spot up 3-point shooter, not much different than Novak.

5) Monroe will get killed on defense, same as last year, because the defensive scheme asks him to do things he simply cannot do.

Bench has been weak, right? Ranked 2nd best behind SA. Brogdon says hi.

Cool story, bro.

Monroe has carried the bench (he's also played the 4th most minutes on the team...), he's been amazing so far, I never would've expected that. Brogdon has been better than I expected, I didn't think he'd be as offensively competent as he's been, but everyone else has been utterly terrible.

They've played probably 2 of the bottom 5 or 6 teams in the league, and the bench has been utterly destroyed by both the Hornets and the Pistons.

Not sure where you're getting second in the league from, NBA.com has them 12th.

http://stats.nba.com/league/team/#!/advanced/?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&StarterBench=Bench&sort=NET_RATING&dir=1

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Is Maker better off riding the bench in Milwaukee, or playing a lot of minutes in the D League? This is something I always wonder about. In Milwaukee, even if he isn't playing he's involved in all the practices, meetings, traveling with the team, etc. You would think that would help his development adjusting to the NBA, learning the offense, the structure of how Kidd does things, etc. Is that more valuable than playing a lot of run and gun in the D League?

You want him with NBA coaches, running your system and working every day with Giannis and Jabari. I think that experience is worth more than him being with another teams developmental system, their coaches, and their system.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Considering the guy traded for Beasley was just cut and that Snell has been excellent, I really don't think you know of which you speak

I said numerous times in this thread, i have no issue with the Snell trade, MCW was a bad fit. I do have an issue with the Beasley trade. I also do not think Ennis was released, just checked the Rockets roster. I was always a fan of him and thought he could be the true PG coming off the bench for 10 minutes. I'd rather have a young player with a huge upside in McCaw than Beasley on the team.

Considering the guy traded for Beasley was just cut and that Snell has been excellent, I really don't think you know of which you speak

The Rockets didn't release Ennis they just didn't exercise an option for next year.

We went to our first Bucks game tonight and had a blast. Received free tickets from my cousin. Really a fun atmosphere, and my kid had a great time.

Thought to myself, we should go to more Bucks games this year. Checked Stub Hub and courtside/1st level tickets for Cavs or Warriors games are $1000+ a piece? Say what?! And 400 level seats are $55+ each. Even against poor teams 1st level seats are $300 each. Is it really like that?

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

We went to our first Bucks game tonight and had a blast. Received free tickets from my cousin. Really a fun atmosphere, and my kid had a great time.

Thought to myself, we should go to more Bucks games this year. Checked Stub Hub and courtside/1st level tickets for Cavs or Warriors games are $1000+ a piece? Say what?! And 400 level seats are $55+ each. Even against poor teams 1st level seats are $300 each. Is it really like that?

No that is normal pricing. The only time you could get a deal for the Bucks was the year after the lockout where they discounted prices but after that year they went back to the astronomically high prices again. I still don't understand how people can go to more than a few games a year.

For the Suns when the Bucks are in town courtside runs about $700-$900 a ticket that is behind the Bucks bench. For some strange reason I have found tickets behind the Suns bench lower at about $500 a ticket. Behind the courtside seats range from $100- $450 depending on what side of the court you want to be on.

I completely forgot how expensive NBA games are if you want to sit anywhere decent. I know at the Bradley center I will never sit in the upper deck area as my legs don't fit in the seats up there.

No that is normal pricing. The only time you could get a deal for the Bucks was the year after the lockout where they discounted prices but after that year they went back to the astronomically high prices again. I still don't understand how people can go to more than a few games a year.

For the Suns when the Bucks are in town courtside runs about $700-$900 a ticket that is behind the Bucks bench. For some strange reason I have found tickets behind the Suns bench lower at about $500 a ticket. Behind the courtside seats range from $100- $450 depending on what side of the court you want to be on.

I completely forgot how expensive NBA games are if you want to sit anywhere decent. I know at the Bradley center I will never sit in the upper deck area as my legs don't fit in the seats up there.

They changed the pricing structure again this year. Super Marquee games (basically, Bulls, Golden State & Cleveland, I think) are nearly 3x the normal face of tickets.

I looked into a 12 game pack, for 2 seats in the first 5 rows of the upper deck, it would've cost me more than a full season package for the Brewers in the upper deck.

thanks nate82 & Baldkin for the responses. Kinda blows my mind a little.

I guess I'm used to Brewers type prices. $100 for right behind the plate if you want to splurge and lots of very good seats in the $45 range.

I wanted to take my kid to see Lebron or Steph Curry, in the same way as when I was his age someone took me to the Mecca to see Larry Bird, but not at those prices! Guess I'll play the lottery, cheer for the Bucks on TV and go if I get freebie tickets again!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Even against poor teams 1st level seats are $300 each. Is it really like that?

No. You can get non marquee team lower level seats on stubhub for 25 bucks or less. And even less on the day of the game from somebody on the street.

Good to know. Thank you. My kid really did have a blast attending the game on Saturday. Giannis is one helluva player and I was impressed with how many hardcore fans were there who seem all-in on every shot. Throw in the dancing women and the acrobats dunking off of trampolines, and the mascot, and T-Shirts being thrown into the crowd on every made 3 pointer and all the other crazy stuff they had going on, it was a fun atmosphere.

Archived