Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

patrickgpe

And we're off. 1-0. What I noticed is they looked almost exactly the same as they did last year down the stretch. And I say that as a positive. I know, makes sense, all the same players. My point is nobody looked better, but I think keeping the roster together will pay dividends.

Eventually Wilson may find a role, taking Mirzas minutes and some from Moose. Would love for Brown to eventually take Snells job. But now Kidd should know exactly how/when the other pieces should be used. Sometimes less is more, in this case less change.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super excited. Going to the game tonight. Will be my third time seeing the Cavs with LeBron. The first time he'll actually play (I think).

Hopefully Kidd finds a way to play Middleton less than 40 minutes tonight.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Well the Bucks got put in their place early in the season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
MVP
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Why does basketball even have some of their rules. GA took 5 steps on that dunk. Ridiculous. Good win though!

Watched this about 6 times in slow mo. I'm counting 3 steps after he picks up the ball..... which will almost never get called. They'll usually call the first step after the dribble the step that's allowed as "gathering the ball".

I LOVE Giannis but MVP chants 3 games into the season is embarrassing for everyone involved.

His dad just died, every major sport or basketball publication has him as an MVP candidate, he had arguably his best game of his career, and had a steal/dunk/block sequence that lead directly to them winning the game, and people in Wisconsin are really excited about basketball. It's not embarrassing at all.

I LOVE Giannis but MVP chants 3 games into the season is embarrassing for everyone involved.

His dad just died, every major sport or basketball publication has him as an MVP candidate, he had arguably his best game of his career, and had a steal/dunk/block sequence that lead directly to them winning the game, and people in Wisconsin are really excited about basketball. It's not embarrassing at all.

It is when they are loudly distracting him out when he's trying to shoot free throws to win a game.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

People were chanting MVP during the playoffs last year. It's partially tongue in cheek....or at least it used to be. He's a legit MVP candidate.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Why does basketball even have some of their rules. GA took 5 steps on that dunk. Ridiculous. Good win though!

Watched this about 6 times in slow mo. I'm counting 3 steps after he picks up the ball..... which will almost never get called. They'll usually call the first step after the dribble the step that's allowed as "gathering the ball".

I didn't watch the slomo, but in real time it looked bad. I have seen other times when guys change pivot foot and take more than 3 and it never gets called. I wad more referencing traveling in general and thought this one was similar, guess I was wrong. My question still remains. NBA refs might be worse that home plate umpires.

I feel like they almost never call it when you are gathering for a dunk/layup. The only time they call it in the NBA is when you start walking with the ball when you're out on the perimeter.

I feel like they almost never call it when you are gathering for a dunk/layup. The only time they call it in the NBA is when you start walking with the ball when you're out on the perimeter.

Agreed. THIS was not called a travel lol

steps.gif?w=1000

Although they also didn't call THIS and the ref is right there!

giphy.gif

Agreed. THIS was not called a travel lol

steps.gif?w=1000

The NBA doesn't really care if the refs don't call traveling and I think it is pretty much an unwritten rule that NBA superstars are allowed 1-2 extra steps before they will call a travel. So you are looking at 5 steps before a ref thinks about calling traveling on a superstar if they even will call it.

You might see a superstar get a few traveling calls here and there but you won't see many and the NBA doesn't really want many of them to be called as these are usually when you see the highlight reel plays being made. The NBA should really just adopt a 4 step rule instead of the 3 it currently has. The majority of the time a player is going to take 1 or 2 extra steps and you could still get away with a 5 step technically if you can get your feet moving fast enough between your dribble to where you pick the ball up again.

Giannis though is now in elite territory with Shaq, West, and Jordan being the only other players to start a season scoring 34+ points in each of their first 3-games. Doesn't really mean all that much but hey it has been a slow start of the week.

It is when they are loudly distracting him out when he's trying to shoot free throws to win a game.

Didn't seem to bother Kobe Bryant for 15 years while he shot FT. Why must folks be debbie downers anytime something positive happens with a team in WI not named the Packers?

If a guy blatantly changes a pivot foot in the post while being defended, it should be called (and I think it usually is). If a guy is streaking to the basket uncontested, I don't care if they take five steps. I want to see huge, ridiculous, earth shattering dunks, and I don't care if they dribble the ball on the way in.

Giannis is so darn good.

If a guy blatantly changes a pivot foot in the post while being defended, it should be called (and I think it usually is). If a guy is streaking to the basket uncontested, I don't care if they take five steps. I want to see huge, ridiculous, earth shattering dunks, and I don't care if they dribble the ball on the way in.

Yea, they even call traveling all the time when a player starts to drive and shuffles feet first, even the stars. Saw that called several times just last night. I don't mind an extra step on a break away dunk. But those examples posted earlier are over the top, that's traveling.

Archived