Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

patrickgpe
  • Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slashers are fine only if you do something with it. He's a bad passer with tunnel vision and a poor finisher at the rim. How does that help?

I guess (last season and when the Bulls were actually good) 47-48% from the field and 5-6 assists per is bad these days. He was a double digit per in assists during the time the Bulls were good. Add the 85-90% from the FT line. Do elaborate on how he was supposed to be effective as a slasher when guys like Ron Baker or Justin Holiday is playing alongside him, or ball hog Carmelo? Courtney Lee is a bit player and was probably the 3rd best player on the team. It wouldn't surprise me if Rose had tunnel vision...wouldn't you also?

Nobody thinks they are getting MVP possibly HOF Derrick Rose. Those days have passed. But as far as i'm concerned watching John Henson be a lead weight on this team for his salary if we can move him and sign Rose to a similar deal why not? It ain't like Dellavadova is banging down the door to start, and I like Brogdon as a super sub. For the money total trash players are getting right now, Rose for 6-8 million is a bargain lottery ticket in my opinion.

But as far as i'm concerned watching John Henson be a lead weight on this team for his salary if we can move him and sign Rose to a similar deal why not?

Because getting rid of a bad player and then signing another bad player to the same contract is stupid?

But as far as i'm concerned watching John Henson be a lead weight on this team for his salary if we can move him and sign Rose to a similar deal why not?

Because getting rid of a bad player and then signing another bad player to the same contract is stupid?

Yeah, Rose isn't a "bad player." That's just ridiculous. I don't think he's a good fit with this team, but saying he's a bad player is just overstating it.

And I could at least see Rose having a role on this team. I could see him being a scorer off the bench. Henson doesn't have any role.

Rose is not good. He's a ball dominant guard who can't shoot. He goes completely against the style of this team. They need a shooter who can play off of the ball. He was an amazing player, about 3 knee injuries ago. His ability to get through traffic was elite. He's lost that step. He's a name, and that is about it. He won't be paid as a bench guy, and Kidd won't consider him a bench guy. He's a net negative. I'd rather pay Henson to play in Oshkosh than sign Rose. This is the signing good teams avoid. It's signing Tim Lincecum today, and pretending that he is Cy Young Tim Lincecum.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I guess (last season and when the Bulls were actually good) 47-48% from the field and 5-6 assists per is bad these days. He was a double digit per in assists during the time the Bulls were good. Add the 85-90% from the FT line.

He hasn't been above 5 assists per game in 5 years. In 2012, he had 7.9 assists per game, which is still a ways from double digits. He only shot close to 47-48% in three seasons(last year and 2008-2010).

Add in that he shoots 3pters under 30%. He has no value to this team, IMO.

putting this here because this is one of the dumbest things i have ever saw: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2722326-nike-and-nba-reveal-2017-18-uniforms-with-3d-body-maps-and-recycled-materials?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=programming-league&utm_medium=referral

home uniforms will now be known as the "association edition"

road uniforms will now be known as the "icon edition"

8 teams will have classic edition uniforms, i doubt but would love to see the bucks as one of them with the uniforms from the late 80's with the different shades of greens

Is Rose really going to take that small of a contract?

I will be happy if we don't get him as stated above. 21% from three when what we really need is a guy who can make jumpers off Giannis' creations. Also, don't like Rose's ball dominance and inadequate defense.

i felt that it wasn't going to happen, if it was going to happen it would have happened a few weeks back when they first met. he really hasn't been linked to anyone but Milwaukee so he didn't really have much of an interest

if he does sign i would be interested to see what he signs for, maybe the bucks wanted him and couldnt' shed salary and didn't want to give up picks / pay the luxury tax to make it happen, who knows.

. I don't see how he fits in Cleveland either though.

Have this feeling I'm paying so much attention to MLB trade deadline, the Bucks will slip one past that I don't hear about. Like I'll wake up one morning and find out they signed Vlade Divac to a 4 year/ $56MM contract or something.

• 3 weeks later...

if you run the NBA trade machine on ESPN that trade (without the 1st round pick included) has the bucks expected wins is at +4 and cavs -1.

i agree i am not sure how Kyrie fits in Milwuakee nor do i see him staying here after his contract is up.

the move does show Giannis that the bucks are serious about putting stars behind him. Middleton is a great player but he isn't an all star. Brodgen is a good player but i do not think he has much potential for improvement.

you are correct, my hesitation is that the team is still Giannis's and if Kyrie gets traded he is going to want to be the man or else he might as well stay in Cleveland.

Kyrie wants to be the main man on his team. I get that, but he's not going to get that unless he heads to a bad team and they build around him. He'd only be the #2 in Milwaukee. As far as fit goes, a spot-up jumper like Middleton is the perfect fit already. Same for Brogdon who seems to be more about good opportunities and going 5/7 than being the highlight-maker every night.

And really, why trade people who fit the team for someone who may fit the team? Fit seems to be more what Milwaukee needs, not as much lack of another superstar.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Depending on how the Bucks backfill the bench and depth, they could be the #2 in the East in this scenario. This is a short term thing though, and I don't know how I feel about that. Trade off a ton of depth for a 2 year window at getting to the finals.... I just don't know about that.

Archived