Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

patrickgpe
Never questioned that it has been done, and probably is still being done in various sports. My point is, just looking at his face he looks realllly young. We'll probably never know, but that's why I believe his age. Besides, I really don't care either. Won't be a problem until he's like 34...or is that 38?

well i think the issue is that he has much more potential for improvement if he really is 20 and not 24.Its why seniors are never drafted in the 1st round of the nBA draft. if he came out as a 23 year old he wouldn't have been taken 10th or even in the 1st round.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at faces is in no way a reliable method. Though your point does back up what I'm guessing, eyeball test it's tough guess he's 4-5 yrs older than claimed. But like 2 years is certainly with the standard deviation of guessing ages.

And yes it's all about likelihood of improvement and potential to fill out his body. A few years like that doesn't change his chances of becoming a good player. But i'd say lowers his ceiling a bit and decreases his chances a bit overall. Seems to be a good dude working his tail off though and I liked what I saw in flashes, hope it keeps going.

I would note that I've pretty much been guessed 4-6 years younger than I am since like age 20ish. Just a few days ago I was guessed 6 years younger.

Age only really matters in his body development, but as far as his skills improving, his experience is still young, whether it's four or eight years of high school experience, that doesn't work on making his skills that much better. Better competition forces development, and I'd think we'd all agree that what he faced in high school was sub-par talent, so now that he's practicing and playing against elite talent, his growth curve as far as bettering his skills is not different whether he's 20 or 24, or somewhere in between.

He's still going to see significant body development too, despite what his age may be, because he's now working out in a pro program.

He's going to be an excellent player for the Bucks.

This guy threw at his own son in a father son game

Looking at faces is in no way a reliable method. Though your point does back up what I'm guessing, eyeball test it's tough guess he's 4-5 yrs older than claimed. But like 2 years is certainly with the standard deviation of guessing ages.

And yes it's all about likelihood of improvement and potential to fill out his body. A few years like that doesn't change his chances of becoming a good player. But i'd say lowers his ceiling a bit and decreases his chances a bit overall. Seems to be a good dude working his tail off though and I liked what I saw in flashes, hope it keeps going.

I would note that I've pretty much been guessed 4-6 years younger than I am since like age 20ish. Just a few days ago I was guessed 6 years younger.

Nope, not a reliable method. I fully understand that, but that's what I'm going on. No other information out there is any more reliable than that anyhow.

If he's 20 or 24, he's still 18-19 in the world of NBA basketball. He hasn't played against big time competition until last season and has just started building an NBA body.

Like you said, overall it's not a huge deal and he's still young in basketball years regardless. But no doubt in my mind multiple yearbooks is a lot more reliable than just guessing based off what someone looks like. Let's just say that if a media outlet had any incentive to look info this I doubt it would take them very long to figure out that there is some deception and shadiness here. [sarcasm]And if Donny T had his way he probably wouldn't be let back in the country.[/sarcasm]

Like you said, overall it's not a huge deal and he's still young in basketball years regardless. But no doubt in my mind multiple yearbooks is a lot more reliable than just guessing based off what someone looks like. Let's just say that if a media outlet had any incentive to look info this I doubt it would take them very long to figure out that there is some deception and shadiness here. [sarcasm]And if Donny T had his way he probably wouldn't be let back in the country.[/sarcasm]

Im going to leave the political comment alone because thats the last thing another internet board needs to discuss, and Im guilty of it far too often.

But it would be incredibly naive to think Thon was drafted at 19. There is way too much going on there to think he is only 20 currently.

I do think he will be a remarkable player for us, so Im glad we have him but I think its very safe to say that he is about the same age as Brogdon, who I am also glad we have. What a draft!!!

trwi7 and tmwiese55

Please drop the political commentary. It doesn't belong here.

Yup, just a wisecrack. I don't what was responded to it and don't care to be in any argument therefore the sarcasm on it, all I meant is that chances are the guy is on a fraudulent Visa and obviously that's a hot button issue these days. Just was trying to make a joke about that, not start any argument. But yea these days it's probably best to just not bring it up as everyone gets combative about it rather than just chuckle and move on.

trwi7 and tmwiese55

Uhh, if you could point out my political commentary, that'd be great.

Oh I assumed something got posted and deleted about the immigration wisecrack. He must've just meant any discussion of his possible age deception...oh well, it is what it is.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
trwi7 and tmwiese55

Yup, just a wisecrack. I don't what was responded to it and don't care to be in any argument therefore the sarcasm on it, all I meant is that chances are the guy is on a fraudulent Visa and obviously that's a hot button issue these days. Just was trying to make a joke about that, not start any argument. But yea these days it's probably best to just not bring it up as everyone gets combative about it rather than just chuckle and move on.

With as divisive as politics seem to be these days, its best to just avoid it and stick to BB. There is a forum for politics.

Uhh, if you could point out my political commentary, that'd be great.

Sorry, I actually meant YoungGeezy1 for his post on Obama's birth certificate.

if by interesting, you mean depressing...

We're getting to keep the team with a sweet looking new arena, we have Giannis, great new uniforms, and yet this feels like the same old bucks.

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

yes depressing, i was not aware that Wes Edens was the bucks "governor" and had final say in all matters, and in 2 more years, Lasry will have his 5 year term.

i think a buyout will happen within the next few seasons, this team cannot function with its current structure.

New GM, same old story.

Bucks sign snell to 4 year 46 million dollar deal, 44 guaranteed.

I HATE signing restricted free agents without letting the market decide their worth. Every time they do it the bucks regret it.

New GM, same old story.

Bucks sign snell to 4 year 46 million dollar deal, 44 guaranteed.

I HATE signing restricted free agents without letting the market decide their worth. Every time they do it the bucks regret it.

Not half as dumb as drafting Thornwell and then trading him for cash instead of keeping him and NOT paying Snell 12 mil per. That really irritates me. I think Thornwell could have been a valuable piece to this team for barely any $ and maybe even the next Brogdon.

Paying these scrubs like Teletovic, Plumlee, Snell (half a scrub) is really putting us in a salary cap jam. Now here we sit with pretty much no money left and the same team as last year. Wilson won't be contributing IMO.

Same garbage as McCaw last who the bucks could have used and not had to trade for or sign snell. It may be an ok signing at least up front. I just wish the bucks would let him sign elsewhere and decide if they want to match rather than treating him he is unrestricted.

Selling Thornwell doesn't upset me as much as McCaw did last year because they bought the pick two before him to get Brown. I guess I figure if I wouldn't have got upset if they hadn't bought a pick at all I shouldn't be upset that it sounds like they used cash to basically move up two spots.

On Snell, I guess at least this feels more like Dellavedova (albeit as a re-signing) than some of the other recent deals and if he keeps shooting should at least be movable if Vaughn or Brown make him expendable. Not good, but not the weirdest deal handed out yesterday.

i don't care about that. Brown and Thornwell were both earmarked as 2nd round sleepers. Brown could be this years Brogdon and then nobody would care. i just would rather have 2 2nd round picks, especially with the expanded roster and the D-league team, it would make sense to see if either one can play rather than just one. Just like last year, would have been nice to have McCaw and Brogdon.

i read that the bucks are looking at Ben McElmore, id rather have Thornwell at a rookie deal that Ben at probably 12 million. I think he would get paid as much as Snell.

regarding Snell, i like him, i just HATE signing players who doesn't do anything on his rookie deal and then pays well the year before free agency hits. Its why i don't care for the Perry signing for the Packers. Larry Sanders, is another example. This isn't as bad as giving Plumlee the cash last year, but it could bite them. last year he was a much needed shooter and defensive presence, so the signing may be OK.

Adding Rose makes very little sense unless one of Delladova or Brogdon is traded. I can see Delladova traded but not Brogdon. I don't believe Rose would be much of an improvement over Delladova.

well they would have to shed salary no matter. I am not worried about that, i just think that he is a cancer who contributes little and would insist on hogging the ball instead of feeding Giannis, Parker, Middleton etc. He went to the knicks last season and was talking about making the knicks a superteam and it was a complete disaster. wasn't entirely his fault, but he didn't help at all.

I agree with Patrick. Derrick Rose is a ball dominant guy with low percentage on outside shooting and I don't think he defends well. He is literally the opposite of a player I'd want.

When Giannis drives and creates, we need guys who can catch and release and shoot at a high rate from deep. Remember what Paxson and Kerr used to do working off MJ's drawing of the defense? That's what we need.

Delladova is a tough kid, which I like, but he lets you down too much with his shooting. Brogdon can bring the intangibles Delladova brings so I'd love to get rid of Delladova and find a sharpshooter who can defend in the 3 and D way.

Adding Rose makes very little sense unless one of Delladova or Brogdon is traded. I can see Delladova traded but not Brogdon. I don't believe Rose would be much of an improvement over Delladova.

If they trade Brogdon so we can add Rose, I might be done with this team for good.

We have 3 idiotic contracts on this team and the rumor is we are thinking of attaching number one picks to shed the contracts to sign Rose. This is nuts unless we are getting KP somehow as well from the Knicks with Rose a S and T.

Archived