Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

patrickgpe

I'm a little nervous about Wilson but if he can play D and run the floor, get a few rebounds, and run the floor, he might be a solid contributor.

Good to see Bronson go to the Bucks. If nothing else, having him for their new D League team, could be a good move.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wish the bucks would have drafted a more bulky inside player. you can have all of the stretchy 4s you want, but you needed someone like Bam or Allen as an enforcer inside.

I think it makes sense to bring in local kids to the G-league, i hope they get Fischer too, but all of these players could make way more money overseas so we shall see.

i wish the bucks would have drafted a more bulky inside player. you can have all of the stretchy 4s you want, but you needed someone like Bam or Allen as an enforcer inside.

That's how I see it. Moose will be gone, and he's not much of an enforcer but at least he's big-bodied. Then you have Maker, Henson, etc. Centers are coming back in style in the NBA, really need a true big man defensively.

I think Maker will grow into that defensive presence everyone is hoping for, he has the frame for adding good weight without losing athletic ability. I like the Wilson pick just fine, he finally started to get "it" down the stretch this past season and was really hard to stop for Michigan late.
This guy threw at his own son in a father son game

im kind of surprised that Koenig is getting one of the bucks two 2 way contracts. I know he is a great shooter, but i don't see much else on the next level. i thought of him as an OK d-league option but not one of their only 2 two way players.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2017/06/23/report-koenig-expected-sign-two-way-deal-bucks/421260001/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

I think Maker will grow into that defensive presence everyone is hoping for, he has the frame for adding good weight without losing athletic ability. I like the Wilson pick just fine, he finally started to get "it" down the stretch this past season and was really hard to stop for Michigan late.

i worry about those type of players though. its similar to taking a player because they had a great combine, it rarely works. i would feel better if he simply had a great season last year not just a big conference and NCAA tournament.

im kind of surprised that Koenig is getting one of the bucks two 2 way contracts. I know he is a great shooter, but i don't see much else on the next level. i thought of him as an OK d-league option but not one of their only 2 two way players.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2017/06/23/report-koenig-expected-sign-two-way-deal-bucks/421260001/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

The Association is littered with guys who can shoot and nothing else. If he can consistently hit NBA 3s, he will have a job somewhere.

It was more than just those two tournaments though, it was really like half of the season. We're talking the 17th pick here for a playoff team, he will be more ready to play than one of the young freshmen. His body is more ready, and his game is more refined. This isn't a rebuilding team anymore, they need to start going for it now and strike while the iron is hot. This kid can shoot, is long, will rebound, defend and run the court. He fits perfectly for what the Bucks do. I wanted Bam, and so did the Bucks, but he was long gone at 17. No one else that was available was as "ready now" at the 4/5 as this kid.
This guy threw at his own son in a father son game

Have we concluded that Maker is really 25 now? I've so so much on other sites that suggest there is no way he is 20.

I guess for the short term it doesn't matter but I'd hate to give him a huge extension if he is 5 years older.

As for DJ, meh. He was the 17th pick. That's what you get. A good but not great player. Seems like a good shooter. Can block some shots. Played well when it mattered. Not a bad pick but not a future All Star either.

Luckily the Bucks already have their core. I hope I'm wrong but I thought Wilson went too early. He may be a nice player but I'm going to predict he will be a journeyman who plays for like five teams in time. I like the Sterling Brown pick, mainly because the entire media loves him. Great reports on him.

Having watched a ton of B1G basketball, I thought there were better prospects than Wilson from the conference. I thought OG went a little late. He may not have much value this season because of the injury but that's short sighted analysis. Wilson is a nice player but extremely soft. I think he averaged seven boards per 40 minutes. In a worst case, OG will be a plus defender, play hard, etc.

I think OG and Swanigan will be considerably better than DJ Wilson. It's fashionable to go for length and positionless guys but I think Swanigan can find a nice niche. He will absolutely get boards and score inside. I think he will be a nice contributor.

Few general comments.

Zach Collins to Portland. Love him. He may end up being one of the five best players in the draft. He's a complete player.

De'Aaron Fox to Sac town. Not sure he will ever be a shooter but he could be a better Rondo without being a head case.

I never got a chance to see Fultz but someone that good should have won more. I don't care what's around you, winning nine games is bizarre for a team with the first pick on it. He's supposedly a nice passer and could be a Chris Paul. Famous last words, but I don't think the Celtics needed a ball dominant guard like that. The downside is the Celtics really helped a rival in the Sixers, where Fultz is a better fit. The Sixers could get crazy good in time and the Celtics helped that cause.

Josh Jackson going fourth seems like a steal. Not a shooter, but he brings Scottie Pippen-like game. I really like Phoenix's young core.

Harry Giles is a mystery. He may not be explosive anymore, but there's a chance he will regain it in a year or two. Portland is amassing some really nice big guys to go with their nice back court. I think you will see teams like the Spurs and Clippers come down over the next couple of years and Wolves and Portland rise. Maybe even New Orleans but something is off with that franchise.

I thought Bam was a nice pick for the Heat. He will go well with Hassan Whiteside. Riley knows what he's doing. Wish he fell to 17 and there'd be nothing to complain about.

Have we concluded that Maker is really 25 now? I've so so much on other sites that suggest there is no way he is 20.

I guess for the short term it doesn't matter but I'd hate to give him a huge extension if he is 5 years older.

As for DJ, meh. He was the 17th pick. That's what you get. A good but not great player. Seems like a good shooter. Can block some shots. Played well when it mattered. Not a bad pick but not a future All Star either.

On Thon, I think that is absurd. Based on physical maturity alone, there is no way he is 25. Trump, Fox News, and many other sites pushed the whole false Obama was born in Africa thing for 8 years.... should we all have just assumed those sources or "sites" were correct?

Maybe it's because I'm 29 & have coached High School & some 2 year college athletics but unless Thon is CIA quality liar, you'd be able to tell he was not 20. Giannis, Jabari, and etc would figure it out. Coaches would be able to figure it out. Bucks in all there research prior to draft would have found out. He isn't Soriano who has major language barriers to disguise it.

There is just a difference in maturity. By talking to kids, it is not hard to tell 18-21, 22-25 and then 26 & up. He talks & sounds like 20 year old, his maturity physically looks 20, and really outside of some bogus stuff days before draft.... there is zero signs he is older. 4 years is a giant difference in age! Imagine any high school talented 7 foot athlete graduating high school & then instead of starting college bball.... he is starting freshman year of high school over. That's essentially what we would have been.... go to a local high school football camp this summer & just look at the physical difference between an 8th grader & high school senior...talk to them...you will notice. Then maybe look at physical & maturity difference of a senior on a recruiting visit & senior & high school.... you will notice difference. Go to an underage college party then to a young 21-24 year old bar.... you notice difference. Then go to a old 25-26 year old sports bar.... you will notice. It is way by & maturity works for males.

Can any one here honestly think he is older than Vaughn, Giannis, Parker, Brodgen, Payton & actually Middleton, Snell, and Dellys age?! You could try to say some people just have baby faces & are thin but he has same build of KD & KG coming out. Look at them at age 18-19 to 23-25.... It changed and matured but apparently Thon's body and lying abilities surpass most of the human male race.

Sorry for rant, dumb internet propaganda being sold as truth drives me nuts. We live in a fake news world though.Just amazes me, he made it all the way up to draft before anyone in the world notice any age issue.... which was based off a high school yearbook. In school I could teach a 3rd grader how to falsify that. It's not like his mix tapes weren't viral & him on the map 3 years prior to draft..... whole time though.... nothing! Incredible. Then after fake news gets out there, conspiracy theorist get to work....

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Have we concluded that Maker is really now? I've so so much on other sites that suggest there is no way he is 20.

On Thon, I think that is absurd. Based on physical maturity alone, there is no way he is possibly 25. Trump, Fox News, and many other sites pushed the whole false Obama was born in Africa thing for 8 years.... should we all have just assumed those sources or "sites" were correct?

Maybe it's because I'm 29 & have coached High School & some 2 year college athletics but unless Thon is CIA quality liar, you'd be able to tell he was not 20. Giannis, Jabari, and etc would figure it out. Coaches would be able to figure it out. Bucks in all there research prior to draft would have found out. He isn't Soriano who has major language barriers to disguise it.

There is just a difference in maturity. By talking to kids, it is not hard to tell 18-21, 22-25 and then 26 & up. He talks & sounds like 20 year old, his maturity physically looks 20, and really outside of some bogus stuff days before draft.... there is zero signs he is older. 4 years is a giant difference in age! Imagine any high school talented 7 foot athlete graduating high school & then instead of starting college bball.... he is starting freshman year of high school over. That's essentially what we would have been.... go to a local high school football camp this summer & just look at the physical difference between an 8th grader & high school senior...talk to them...you will notice. Then maybe look at physical & maturity difference of a senior on a recruiting visit & senior & high school.... you will notice difference. Go to an underage college party then to a young 21-24 year old bar.... you notice difference. Then go to a old 25-26 year old sports bar.... you will notice. It is way by & maturity works for males.

Can any one here honestly think he is older than Vaughn, Giannis, Parker, Brodgen, Payton & actually Middleton, Snell, and Dellys age?! You could try to say some people just have baby faces & are thin but he has same build of KD & KG coming out. Look at them at age 18-19 to 23-25.... It changed and matured but apparently Thon's body and lying abilities surpass most of the human male race.

Sorry for rant, dumb internet propaganda being sold as truth drives me nuts. We live in a fake news world though.Just amazes me, he made it all the way up to draft before anyone in the world notice any age issue.... which was based off a high school yearbook. In school I could teach a 3rd grader how to falsify that. It's not like his mix tapes weren't viral & him on the map 3 years prior to draft..... whole time though.... nothing! Incredible. Then after fake news gets out there, conspiracy theorist get to work....

Thon is very likely older than 20. 25? I don't think he's that old. I mean, the yearbook photo showing him in the 2010 graduating class is pretty much the only evidence available because I doubt there's a birth certificate in Sudan to verify his actual age so when they went to Australia there was probably some guessing on how old he was.

The Obama thing was easy to disprove and was when his birth certificate was posted showing he was born in Hawaii. It's a little more difficult and probably not as big of a concern to get a birth certificate when you're born in a third world country in the middle of a civil war.

Thon is very likely older than 20. 25? I don't think he's that old. I mean, the yearbook photo showing him in the 2010 graduating class is pretty much the only evidence available because I doubt there's a birth certificate in Sudan to verify his actual age so when they went to Australia there was probably some guessing on how old he was.

The Obama thing was easy to disprove and was when his birth certificate was posted showing he was born in Hawaii. It's a little more difficult and probably not as big of a concern to get a birth certificate when you're born in a third world country in the middle of a civil war.

I agree. Obviously I have no idea how old he is, but he wouldn't be the first foreign born athlete to lie about his age. The difference between his suggested age and possible reality is the difference between a third contracts value and no third contract.

Much like I doubt anyone would fake a child's newspaper birth announcement in 1961 with the foresight that he would one day be Potus, I can't imagine someone made a fake HS yearbook just to mess with an 18 year old Thon Maker exclusively because they wanted to deny him a third contract. Kids do play pranks all the time but that would seem especially cruel and random.

Anecdotally, his draft highlight tapes sure like one of two things; he was a 20-22 year old dominating 17 year olds or he was the sure fire first pick in the draft and the next Ralph Sampson.

Ultimately I guess it doesn't matter if he turns out to be great, and I think he might.

That would be beyond commitment. Could you imagine going all the way through high school, graduating.... then going back & doing it all over again? That is 8 years of high school basketball. Australia likes basketball, you'd think someone outside of one kid with a year book would notice an athletic 7'0 foot basketball player is first time around. Moreover, don't you think teams & scouts would have called the school of the yearbook & then the Canadian school he transferred to for transcripts? No one else outside of one kid with a yearbook picture has come out with anything more.

Did Maker & his parents really go through this much trouble and forging paper work. According to yearbook, he graduated in 2010.... he then moved to Canada, age 18, and knowingly & willing after faking ton of transcripts & records, restarted his high school career. They aren't claiming when he was young they lied where it may be less noticeable or his fault... they are claiming he finished high school, moved, then restarted high school at 19....

If it was something when he was young, like a year maybe 2 while leaving Sudan, I'd get that. This not close to that. This is claiming he went through high school twice with fake transcripts & other documents. Working in education at least in US, it is not easy to do that. Doubt in Canada either. They'd get transcripts, usually call former school for additional information, and etc. Australia is another highly educated country so they would have all records.

Lastly, he is 7' NBA prospect playing low level competition in Canada....posting highlight clips on YouTube....of course he looked like Sampson. Not like he was doing it at Nike Summit against elite talent or national competition. Against higher D1 scholarship type competition, he blended in and didn't look older. Still was very raw. More raw than a guy with 8 years plus think year of prep school under his belt should be.

The problem was he graduated from Aronmore, or at least the yearbook says he graduated from Aronmore in 2010. Then be went to two high schools in Louisiana, then to one in Virginia, then to one in Canada. So between 2010 and 2016 he was at 5 different high schools in 3 different countries. It would be pretty easy to lie about your age to faculty and the student body in that scenario.

Look at his face, he actually looks more like an 18 yr old than 25.

Exactly!

Transferring schools & countries still comes with transcripts & checks. You don't just walk into school, tell them age & grade & just are given classes....they have to transfer all the classes over, cross check them, and then sometimes call previous school for additional information.

Once again, how many high schoolers do you know who are willing to graduate high school & then go back & relive it all over again. Being 19 & having to make friends with all 14 year old boys.... hang out (which is creepy) all you kid girls, and be legal adult living like a child all over again. Am I one of the only ones who sees any of these & the improbability of it? So many people just act like it is some simple thing to do. If he went through all of that, that is just messed up. Loss a lot of respect for someone who should graduate from high school & then go back & repeat whole thing over again... not just lie to get extra season but 4 extra seasons.....As a junior in high school then he could have been going out to bar & drinking legally, now he needs to still just head back to hotel when all his teammates are out.... commitment

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Absolutely ****** draft for the Bucks. Brogdon looks like he runs with his feet in cement, way too slow for the NBA. Won't be able to keep up with the 1st step on 95% of the NBA guards.

hey

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Look at his face, he actually looks more like an 18 yr old than 25.

Exactly!

Transferring schools & countries still comes with transcripts & checks. You don't just walk into school, tell them age & grade & just are given classes....they have to transfer all the classes over, cross check them, and then sometimes call previous school for additional information.

Once again, how many high schoolers do you know who are willing to graduate high school & then go back & relive it all over again. Being 19 & having to make friends with all 14 year old boys.... hang out (which is creepy) all you kid girls, and be legal adult living like a child all over again. Am I one of the only ones who sees any of these & the improbability of it? So many people just act like it is some simple thing to do. If he went through all of that, that is just messed up. Loss a lot of respect for someone who should graduate from high school & then go back & repeat whole thing over again... not just lie to get extra season but 4 extra seasons.....As a junior in high school then he could have been going out to bar & drinking legally, now he needs to still just head back to hotel when all his teammates are out.... commitment

You guys are acting like multiple people haven't been caught doing this already and it's unheard of. Many latino baseball players have done, Serge Ibaka, Ersan Ilyasova. My best guess scenario is that when he went to Aus he was probably estimated to be a year or two older than he really was due to being so tall. Then, it sure looks like he repeated HS, which would be tacking on 4 years to his age. But considering he probably wasn't that old to begin with, I'd probably tack on 2 and call it close enough. We'll never know, heck, he'll probably never know. Chances are he's not what is claimed but he's also not 4-5 years older, it's probably something in between.

Also, you're calling other people fake news conspiracy theorists for believing this stuff. I'd think it's just as conspiracy theory crazy to think that some 20 yr old kids have gone out of their way to doctor their yearbooks and slander a former classmate of theirs. What's their motivation for that? My guess is the yearbooks are all legit as the evidence seems pretty overwhelming.

Never questioned that it has been done, and probably is still being done in various sports. My point is, just looking at his face he looks realllly young. We'll probably never know, but that's why I believe his age. Besides, I really don't care either. Won't be a problem until he's like 34...or is that 38?

Archived