Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

patrickgpe
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think the Bucks would have to bring in a 3rd team to offer up a higher draft pick.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

draft night, one of my favorite days of the years. i find it as the most entertaining draft to watch (have seen most of the players, shorter time between picks, 1 day event, etc)

Prediction time:

Who i want:

1) Isiah Hartenstein

2) Frank Mason Jr

Who I predict:

1) Jarrett Allen

2) Dillon Brooks

I think they move around tonight. Depending on the board, I could see them moving out/down in either round.

If they stay put, I think they grab Bam in the first, Thornwell in the second.

That being said,if Monk slips, I'd give up a piece to grab him. He's exactly what we need, IMO

he would have been perfect, but just taken by the hornets. i would have given up next years #1 to move up 6 spots.

I'd heard Lonzo Ball was a great kid, and that it's only his father who's got the money in his eyes. Kinda reminds me of Venus/Serena Williams' father. Lonzo's father can mess around all he wants with the off-court stuff, but on the court I think Lonzo won't be a distraction at all. Besides, he's replacing a guy who uploaded a teammates' affair to the internet, so he's got a low bar to climb with his teammates.

Doesn't Jarrett Allen match the kind of stretch 5 the Bucks would want? Somebody who can also run the floor? He doesn't seem like that big a center on video, but maybe it's just because everyone is huge these days.

Kings already have a young, good-shooting (or at least will be) SG, and they grab a PG and C. No reason they shouldn't be good really soon.

You have to feel a little bad kinda-sorta for Lauri Markkenen, as he gets the instant comparisons to Dirk, and probably a lot of expectations he'll play like him right off the bat.

I don't understand the desire for a PG, SG or SF. The President will need more playing time, Middleton is established, and they oftentimes run two guards along with Giannis. So wouldn't the natural target be a center who could step in once Greg Monroe leaves after this year? With Thon's closing speed it would make more sense that he plays PF and more outside instead of the traditional Center position. It seems like that's a bigger need than replacing Dellavadova, and it's not like we need to see Henson or Hawes get any real playing time.

Don't hate it. Certainly don't love it.

What scares me about him is that he basically didn't play last year. Didn't really do much this year until the last 10-15 games this season. Was that just a fluke? I dunno. We'll find out I guess. Certainly not who I would have drafted, but I think some of his skill set fits in well.

Still need to address the guard spot - I like Mason (doubt he falls) or Thornwell.

Absolutely no to the idea of trading Thon. IMO he may be as good as Giannis or maybe even better. In my eyes Thon was further along than Giannis was in his rookie year, and Thon can actually shoot.

Those two seem to have the humility and drive to be cornerstones of the franchise for the next 10-15 years. As much as i'd like Porzingod absolutely not if Thon is included.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm ok with Wilson at #17. He's got upside, length, and a good outside shot.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Was hoping for OG. He is an explosive long athlete who is a lock down defender. Not much scoring power but would have been great in up-tempo run offense we are in when Giannis is at PG

Mason, Hart, or Tremble for 2nd pick I am hoping for.

I will hold off judgement on Wilson so I don't sound dumb in the future. I was underwhelmed though.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

seems to me that the bucks had a pretty similar draft as last year. got a tall, thin lanky 4 in the 1st and a 3&D guard senior guard in the 2nd. I hope it works out and I don't hate the Wilson pick as much this AM as i did last night.

Always interesting to watch the draft. Early on, mostly guys with potential. Then in the 2nd round you see the players who have had really good college careers.

I still don't like the Wilson pick at all, love the Brown pick. Really wish they could have found a way to trade-up or Monk, but maybe it just wasn't possible. Plan B would be to trade down, but guessing nobody was clamoring to get up to the Bucks' spot. Good news is, since my expectations are so low for Wilson that if he can be a contributor in any way I will take it.

Archived