Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

patrickgpe
NBDL team is the Wisconsin Herd. i am neutral on this. I appreciate that they just didn't re-use bucks and picked a name that was close though. I though wish they would have picked something original. I guess I am happy that they didn't pick something crazy that screams minor leagues (see fort wayne mad ants) I wanted the Fox Valley Flyers

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a D league team. Does it really matter?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

i saw the arena seats 3500, i think they will do well. their market is families in the fox valley who don't want to spend the money or time to travel to Milwaukee to see the Bucks. Think Wisconsin T-rats vs brewers. I could see them averaging 2K a game. It would be nice (and smart) for the Herd to bring in some Wisconsin college players that fans would know on their team.

Community Moderator

I think having the D League in Oshkosh will be pretty cool. I'm looking forward to seeing some games!

Sorry to get off topic, but was just curious how the crowds are for the T-Rat's games are. We are moving to the valley here and that's at the top of the list for things to do. I was at a game back in the day but it was over 10 years ago.

TRats draw a pretty decent crowd. I wouldn't say it's always a sellout, but the crowds are sizeable. Mostly families from my experience there. Pretty cheap seats as well, with lots of promotions.

I'll probably check out a Herd game at some point. I don't know that any of the D-League teams really have a huge following, but it'll be something to see. If they have cheap seats, I think they can draw some fans.

very interesting, Arturas Karnisovas was promoted to Nuggets GM and withdrew from the bucks GM search. Presumably this means that Justin Zanik is the last man standing, unless the search is opened up again. I wonder if this means that the nuggets felt they had this move because the bucks were close to hiring him.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-nuggets-promote-arturas-karnisovas-gm-234104018.html

You snooze, you lose. Too many decision makers and they end up with paralysis by analysis. I hope they learned their lesson.

I heard unconfirmed rumors (on the Mark Belling show), that the 3 owners and Thorn all have different #1 choices, which is what is taking so long. Its why you really need to have 1 guy, similar to the brewers, in charge making these decisions for better or worse.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/06/bucks-close-to-naming-jon-horst-gm.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Jon Horst to be bucks GM. don't know anything about him and didn't know he was in the organization for the entire Hammond era. Justin Zanik has to be irate, since it was clear from the beginning (hindsight being 20/20) that they never wanted him as the GM.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/06/bucks-close-to-naming-jon-horst-gm.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Jon Horst to be bucks GM. don't know anything about him and didn't know he was in the organization for the entire Hammond era. Justin Zanik has to be irate, since it was clear from the beginning (hindsight being 20/20) that they never wanted him as the GM.

I read somewhere (not a team PR) that he was very instrumental in getting guys like Giannis here, as well as put in MANY hours since he got here...I came off with the impression that he was kind of the "brains" behind the whole draft/develop operation. Hammond also tried to take him to Orlando. Assuming that is the case I think they chose the right guy.

maybe they did, maybe they didn't. My point was that we really knew nothing about him before mid last week and that he wasn't on the original list of GM candidates. I am interested to see what he says in his press conference and the draft has definitely some added drama on Thursday.

Butler and Porzingas are out there to get. Should the Bucks go after one?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The Bucks should absolutely go after Porzingas, him and Giannis together would be nuts.

I just don't think we have nearly enough ammo to get him.

well they do, but the question is do they want to give up that much and will he want to stay here long term.

parker / thon / monroe for

porzingas / noah

Porzingas and Giannis would be the best two young players in the league on the same team. Talk about trying to go for it.

Butler and Porzingas are out there to get. Should the Bucks go after one?

No to butler. Just don't like the fit. The offense needs to run through Giannis and Butler will want it to run through him. Yes to Prozingis. That would be a terrific fit. He would open up the court a lot. I am not sold on Parker so if the Knicks wanted Parker in a deal for prozingis I would do it so fast.

The Knicks obviously want a lot for him, and Parker+#17 certainly wouldn't be enough. Adding in Thon would help, but right now he seems like a big sell-low player in terms of what he is now and what his potential could be. As much as it would help to have him, it would equally hurt in the players we give up for him. Right now seems to be the hardest part of a rebuild, when you're good enough that you could make a splash and instantly be contenders, but maybe the wisest move is to stick with it, give it a little more time, and eventually become a better team than you would with Porzingis.

Monroe is reportedly opting in on his contract for this coming year. It's probably good for both his improved defense and the thought that Henson otherwise would be given minutes.

like i suggested, i think if the bucks threw in parker, thon, monroe's expiring contract, their 17 and took on Noah's contract, i think it gets it done. It also works out money wise. I am not sure the bucks would want to give up that much though (nor do i necessarily think that it is prudent thing to do)

Archived