Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

patrickgpe

Giannis is going to have to battle for Most Improved, could be the best contest ever for that award this year.

I wish they could have drawn Boston, they match up very well with them. I'll take my chances against Toronto, didn't really want anything to do with Washington.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Giannis is really good but Westbrook is the best player in the league right now. Some other guys like Harden can make a strong case but at end of the day, what Westbrook is doing this season absolutely unreal.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

The Bucks only won 42 games (maybe 43). In the NBA, winning matters in the MVP voting. Only once in the last 30 years has a guy won who wasn't on a top-3 team in the conference.

I don't think you can put Giannis in the same sentence as the top-4 guys this year -- Harden, Westbrook, LeBron and Leonard -- and that doesn't include the guy who's won back-to-back MVPs.

I hope Harden wins the MVP, the fact that 2 rebounds per game is suddenly worth more than 10 or so wins makes me sad.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I think it's the Cabrera/Trout argument of a few years ago. Does the triple crown top the fact that Trout is a better player? I think the triple double is a flashy stat, it'll carry him

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

What a great game. Even when Toronto took a brief lead there in the 3rd quarter, I felt like the Bucks were still in control of the game. And I REALLY loved the intensity with Giannis out there. I don't mind the T there, with the Bucks holding the big lead. Get fired up kid! Let everyone out there know you're the alpha dog! (or deer)

I gotta say, as much as I (and everyone, basically) said that Monroe just wasn't working last year, and let's be completely honest, he wasn't.... the way Kidd's using him, he's been one of the best 6th men this year. It would be great if you could get that same level of excellent play out of him for 35 minutes a night, but I'm happy to get what we get out of him for 20 - 25 minutes and not mess with what's working.

Great win. The Raptors have that mental block in game ones. I think we all agree it's going to be tough the rest of the way.

I will say that I wish we were on the Celtics side of the bracket because I think we could take them out. Cleveland would be brutal.

That T was pure BS, Ibaka screaming like a "T-Rex" gets nothing but Giannis gets T'd up? C'mon.

All in all that was a thorough beatdown. Hope these guys can stay focused because today felt like that epic Bulls series from a couple years back.

Agreed with those that said the T against Giannis was absolutely bogus. Giannis did nothing but get excited, not even directed at anyone, Ibaka explodes and has to be held back and they T up Giannis for it. Absolutely disgraceful call and the fact that the game was over by that point doesn't make it any less bogus. Even the announcers on ESPN were incredulous that Giannis got T'ed up.

Imagine the same situation with the same call against Lebron, Westbrook or Curry. Not a chance in hell.

Anyone happen to watch the Warriors game today? Draymond Green blocked a dunk attempt on a 2-1 break. He went CRAZY. Screamed. Pumped his fists.

Oh, and he didn't get a technical. Not even a comment. Really seemed like the technical was a result of Derozen's feelings being hurt and him reacting like a baby. Still a joke. The NBA can (and should) rescind it.

Here's a clip. His reaction is certainly much more vocal and celebratory than Giannis IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1v3WKqTQSE

Really seemed like the technical was a result of Derozen's feelings being hurt and him reacting like a baby. Still a joke. The NBA can (and should) rescind it.

Well, we got our wish. NBA rescinded it today. Good for them, I didn't expect them to actually do it.

That was a fun game to watch from start to finish. It was the defense, really; great help defense but they were rotating back over to the open man quickly and weren't allowing easy jumpers the way they were at the beginning of the year. How much of it is the team focusing more and how much of it is just losing Parker and his porous defense?

Monroe is still putting out a ton of effort and is really fitting into the team style. It's odd that all of a sudden I wouldn't terribly mind if he used his player option and stayed another year (most likely won't, though).

Didn't envision Maker being like this already. He used to be absolutely lost on defense, but now he's pretty good and is figuring out how to use his length to his advantage. It's kinda funny when he gets the ball at the 3-point line he sometimes gets this hesitation to say "Really? You're going to give me this shot? ok." The Bucks must have an amazing set of coaches to be able to develop raw talent like they've done with him and Giannis. Put another 30 pounds on Maker and it really seems like he could be something special, too. What a fun team to watch.

Giannis is still getting 5' feet of space when he's at the top of the 3. Boy if only he could hit that shot at a reasonable clip he'd be impossible to stop. I think it's going to be surprising if Giannis doesn't at least get some recognition for MVP next year.

Thought Maker was at least a year away from playing like this. I mean, just how good is he going to be in two years?

During the first game they said that Maker had been working with Kevin Garnett, and Garnett said that "(Maker) will win a MVP some day" and that "in a couple years (Maker) will be the best 7-footer in the game".

Pretty high praise from someone who never put on a Bucks uniform.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
His hands definitely need some work. I think they're kind of small so I question how good a rebounder/post player he will become but as active as he is he can certainly defend the rim and even defend a 4 out on the perimeter.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Heard that the bucks played the barney theme song when they introduced the raptors yesterday. That is hilarious!
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Dare I suggest that Jabari might be (sorta) on the trading block if anyone would call? Value is probably fairly low so maybe not but as much as i'd like it to work he just is hindering this team when he's out there on flow/defense...its readily apparent now. Maker is going to need his minutes as time goes on too.

Archived