Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

patrickgpe
Is there really a reason for Maker to play 4 minutes to start the game each night and then not see the floor again? This has to hurt the continuity of the starters a bit as well as him (not that it matters at this particular moment). If we're trying to get him experience shouldn't we be letting him run at least the first shift before riding the pine or something? Seems a bit pointless to me...I know it was tough for me to get in a groove in the few instances when I was put in for a couple minutes at a time.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think starting Maker is a game plan thing. Keeps Monroe as 6th man off the bench and a scorer option when teams substitute. There are guys out with injury, maybe having an idea with his aggressive play that a cpl fouls come at a time when they're non-shooting. Hes improving and going to be a fun one to watch team with Giannis. The blocks he gets are remarkable at times. From a cpl months ago to current, hes settled down, the game moving half a step slower for him.

I think starting Maker is a game plan thing. Keeps Monroe as 6th man off the bench and a scorer option when teams substitute. There are guys out with injury, maybe having an idea with his aggressive play that a cpl fouls come at a time when they're non-shooting. Hes improving and going to be a fun one to watch team with Giannis. The blocks he gets are remarkable at times. From a cpl months ago to current, hes settled down, the game moving half a step slower for him.

That's good and all, but still why not allow him the full 8ish minutes at least? I don't get to watch much being in Minnesota now but when I see him I think he's actually ahead of where Giannis was as a rookie...that's a downright scary thought. Just as athletic except he has a jumper.

Maker is more advanced in some ways compared to Giannis as a rookie, but to say he's just as athletic....no. Just no.

well to be fair he could be in his early 20's....

that story has gone away since draft day, but i still think it may not be out of question that he is older that he claims.

Maker is more advanced in some ways compared to Giannis as a rookie, but to say he's just as athletic....no. Just no.

well to be fair he could be in his early 20's....

that story has gone away since draft day, but i still think it may not be out of question that he is older that he claims.

He sure has a baby face. So I guess I believe him, but yea we will never know for sure.

Those Bucks just keep on winning. Big win over #1 Boston tonight.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yea, fabulous win last night. This run of playing well came right as Middleton came back into the fold. He's one of the more underrated players in the league. As for Brogdon, i liked the pick when the Bucks drafted him, but never thought he would be this good and as a rookie. His emergence has been huge because Delladova hasn't played as well as i think the Bucks hoped for.

Monroe starting to play more and play well has made a HUGE difference on this team the last month or two. He's been very, very solid.

Sounds like Brogdon is out tonight with back stiffness. Doesn't sound serious but every game is huge right now, hopefully they can find a way to win without him. Need to beat Detroit as they are right there in the standings and we have some tough ones coming up yet.

Beasley might be available though, so that's a plus I guess.

So I talk about how well he's been playing and Monroe lays a total egg tonight. Weird game. Bucks score 35 in the first. Then only scored 41 the next 30 minutes. Went from up 18 to down 10. Came roaring back to tie in the last 5 minutes, then won in OT.

Big, big win. Not having Brogdon hurt. But Thon Maker was HUGE. Looked great tonight.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

In the 2015 draft, I really was hoping the Bucks could get Devin Booker. We picked 17th - and it was unlikely he'd fall to that spot.

Ultimately, he went 13th to Phoenix, and we picked Vaughn at 17.

It would have been fascinating if we had been able to get Booker (either by trading up or him dropping to us). A young scorer like that would have made for an interesting team.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I really wish Kidd would let Thon play a little more. He was great in crunch time yesterday. Excited to see what this team can do in the playoffs. I really think they can win a series.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I really wish Kidd would let Thon play a little more. He was great in crunch time yesterday. Excited to see what this team can do in the playoffs. I really think they can win a series.

I've been critical of Kidd in the past, but I think he's handled Thon very well. Put him in the starting lineup, giving him some "meaningful" minutes even though IMO he wasn't really ready to contribute, then putting Monroe and others in for the majority of the game and crunch time. That has given Thon some valuable experience rather than just mop-up duty, while still largely competing with our best lineups.

Then, last night when Thon was playing so well and Monroe struggled, he gave Thon big minutes including the end of regulation and all of overtime and he didn't look like a deer in the headlights (pun obviously intended).

I am not Shea Vucinich

Seeing the Box Score from the Detroit game and Love it. The future put on display 4-7 3pt from both Maker and Middleton. Giannis 28pts, 14 rebounds and 9 assists. Add Brogdon just look out. That's your future right there. At some point here there's going to be that FA who wants to play on this team like how Durant/Lebron have done. To win a Championship.

Forget triple-doubles, Giannis could become the first player in NBA history to finish among the top 20 in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks for an entire season.

On top of that, lead the team to the playoffs despite losing Parker. Should be in the MVP conversation.

Only worse match for a series for Bucks is Cavs than Rapters. For whatever reason the Bucks just tank every game vs. them. This has been a problem for a couple years now.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Forget triple-doubles, Giannis could become the first player in NBA history to finish among the top 20 in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks for an entire season.

On top of that, lead the team to the playoffs despite losing Parker. Should be in the MVP conversation.

He will finish top 20 in all of those unless Irving puts up a huge number of assists in the final game (which seems pretty unlikely). Pretty amazing to think that nobody has ever done it. In most years, he would definitely at least be in the debate, but with the insane year of Westbrook (and Harden for that matter) he won't even be close. He might get some votes (do they vote for more than 1 in the NBA? if they do top 3-5, he will get some I think).

Crazy thing is, Giannis has a TON of room to grow as a player yet. He keeps on developing, he'll win an MVP or two sooner rather than later.

Not a great matchup with the Raptors, especially given how the Bucks have played the last 5-6 games, but at least they are in. Give them some playoff experience and something to build off for next season.

Archived