Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

patrickgpe

Bucks have hired Craig Robinson, who besides being Michele Obama's brother, was also a quite good coach for Oregon State University for 5 years till 2014. His title will be VP of Player and Organizational Development...Would not surprise me to have Obama be a significant presence at Bucks games starting in 2017 and their might actually be a chance he joins the ownership group: From realgm via the Washington Post:

There has been plenty of speculation about how President Obama, who is only 54, will pass the time when he leaves the White House. White House press secretary Josh Earnest added one more possibility to the list: NBA owner.

The proclamation came with a lot of caveats: "potentially, if the opportunity arose, under the right circumstances." Earnest, though, was clear on one point: The president has "discussed" being part of an NBA franchise ownership group.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lakers apparently signing Yi Jianlian for 1 yr, $8m. Lol.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

How do they even remember Yi was a basketball player? It's astounding what a dumpsterfire that organization has become...really quite sad.

reports say that the bucks are close to signing Jason Terry, while i like the veteran leadership he will bring, this probably means that Ray Allen isn't coming home.

Good lord how is he only 38? Doesn't it feel like he's been on life support for about 6 years now? Can't hurt to bring him in, but one has to wonder what he has left at this point, as it's likely going to take minutes away from Vaughn, MCW, etc.

• 1 month later...

Just the fact that there are no opt outs is very team friendly these days. $25 Million is a lot of a guy who has never made an all star game but based on his progression it seems like only a matter of time. He will probably make it this year so long as the Bucks aren't terrible.

Also sounds like they are trying to give Monroe away

Not only are there no opt outs, but he could have gotten another 6-8 million potentially if he had waited a bit, so it saves the team a bit of money in that regard as well.

They tried to give Monroe away for almost nothing but nobody wanted him - which is odd considering 4 teams offered him a max deal last year and he played relatively well, he just doesn't fit in here.

Hopefully they can figure out a way to make it work in some capacity this year. He has a big player option for next season too, so we need to figure out something.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/news/khris-middleton-sidelined-hamstring-injury

Per Bucks, Middleton going to be out 6 months, big blow to the 16-17 season.

Well..... Vaughn steps up or let's roll in 2017-2018!

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

yeah big loss, its definitely Vaughn to step up. Teletovic is going to get a huge increase of minutes I think and could be a decent fill in.

I just don't have a lot of confidence in Vaughn stepping up in a big way. Yea, Teletovic will get more minutes. They can go long more often with Maker, or go small with Deli and MCW getting more minutes.

At least it happened now instead of a month into the season or something. Now they have time to react and plan accordingly.

Definitely someone they could not afford to lose. Ugh. I was actually considering League Pass this year, looking like a pass now. No confidence in Vaughn stepping up, would be thrilled if he surprised. More likely, more run for Teletovic, and too much run for Terry.

Archived