Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

patrickgpe
  • Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
George Hill at PG would be the best for the Bucks or Derek Favors at Center.

Supposedly Hill turned down a 3/75 deal after the deadline, must be hoping to get the 4th year. Crazy that he'd turn that down but just shows how much he's looking for this offseason. Can't blame him I suppose, not like he's made a ton in his career and he's like 30 now, so this is his last big payday.

Favors having an injury plagued year could help keep his price down but I think he's signed through next year so you'd have to trade for him. Then if he's healthy all next year his price will skyrocket too.

George Hill at PG would be the best for the Bucks or Derek Favors at Center.

Supposedly Hill turned down a 3/75 deal after the deadline, must be hoping to get the 4th year. Crazy that he'd turn that down but just shows how much he's looking for this offseason. Can't blame him I suppose, not like he's made a ton in his career and he's like 30 now, so this is his last big payday.

Favors having an injury plagued year could help keep his price down but I think he's signed through next year so you'd have to trade for him. Then if he's healthy all next year his price will skyrocket too.

Yes Hill would cost a lot but he would be a fit for the Bucks at the point. The Jazz have reportedly been shopping Favors to possibly deal him during the draft. If the Bucks are in the late teens in the draft I would look to trade that pick for Favors and a 2nd round pick.

I'd love to buy low on Favors and try to lock him up to a reasonable extension after trading for him,if that's allowed in the CBA anyway, rather than letting him get to FA where the numbers might be stupid if he has a good season next year.

Don't see Hill happening, just spent money on a fit PG last year that's been blah, also have Brogdon there for depth. I like Hill too, but would you rather have Hill in the 25-30 mil range or just keep Snell at 10-12 and spend that money elsewhere, like on a Favors. Plus Hill's age will have him declining right at our title window that starts 3ish years from now.

I'd love to buy low on Favors and try to lock him up to a reasonable extension after trading for him,if that's allowed in the CBA anyway, rather than letting him get to FA where the numbers might be stupid if he has a good season next year.

Don't see Hill happening, just spent money on a fit PG last year that's been blah, also have Brogdon there for depth. I like Hill too, but would you rather have Hill in the 25-30 mil range or just keep Snell at 10-12 and spend that money elsewhere, like on a Favors. Plus Hill's age will have him declining right at our title window that starts 3ish years from now.

If the Bucks are not going to be contending for the next two years they should just trade Giannis or Middleton this off season. With one more good piece added to the current team you are looking at the 3rd best team in the East.

I want nothing to do with Favors. I think he's done. He seems like a typical Bucks addition. Overpaid to not fit in. I would have loved to see them add Noel at the deadline. I love the position they're in right now. They are going to be a rough matchup for a top 3. I'm not sure they can win a series, but they can push it a few games and make a team work. Get the young guys some playoff experience, I'm not sure what piece I add next year. Depends on who leaves this offseason.

If the Bucks are not going to be contending for the next two years they should just trade Giannis or Middleton this off season. With one more good piece added to the current team you are looking at the 3rd best team in the East.

If the question is how do you get better, the answer will never be trading Giannis.

If the question is how do you get better, the answer will never be trading Giannis.

Yea I have no idea where that's coming from. I wasn't saying we shouldn't be trying to win. I'm saying Lebron will still be Lebron for at least a couple more years and GSW basically has a juggernaut for a couple more years. We should be trying to win next year but should also be planning for our true championship team to be 2020, so we should shoot for guys in their mid 20s, not 30s.

And yea I get teh concern with Favors. Definitely a risk and why I'd call it buying low. Say we trade and he does well next year, then you're stuck paying a ton. If you trade this offseason maybe you can way cheaper and then hope he has 4 years left in him(since that's how long the deal would be), I think he's only 25 or 26 so plenty young but the injuries this year are cause for concern. If you're giving up a ton to get him and pay him a huge deal, I'd probably hold off. I'm looking at finding a deal on him since his game, when healthy, would be a great fit at the 5 for us.

Weird game last night. Bucks all started with extreme confidence taking and hitting shots. Suddenly after taking I think 27-13 lead they all lost confidence, except Monroe. Giannis disappeared completely. I think Golden State after having a near tie 1st qtr, shot 80% in the 2nd qtr while the Bucks meekly shot below 25% to go from shock and awe to those fans up to 27pts making GS defense look bad, to having a look like HS players facing an NBA team. And man, GS really wanted to win and embarrass the Bucks, up 23-29pts they didnt sit Curry, Green, Thompson, Iquodala one minute.

On a side note, part of the quick start can nearly all be attributed to Thon Maker. His height/length and athleticism completely affected the Warriors. They would take advantage of his defensive positioning from time to time, but that athleticism and ability to recover did cause a cpl TOs and a Block. HHe's going to be a great one as the game slows for him.

Weird game last night. Bucks all started with extreme confidence taking and hitting shots. Suddenly after taking I think 27-13 lead they all lost confidence, except Monroe. Giannis disappeared completely. I think Golden State after having a near tie 1st qtr, shot 80% in the 2nd qtr while the Bucks meekly shot below 25% to go from shock and awe to those fans up to 27pts making GS defense look bad, to having a look like HS players facing an NBA team. And man, GS really wanted to win and embarrass the Bucks, up 23-29pts they didnt sit Curry, Green, Thompson, Iquodala one minute.

On a side note, part of the quick start can nearly all be attributed to Thon Maker. His height/length and athleticism completely affected the Warriors. They would take advantage of his defensive positioning from time to time, but that athleticism and ability to recover did cause a cpl TOs and a Block. HHe's going to be a great one as the game slows for him.

I thought I read curry sat the entire 4th?

Probably true. But they certainly were playing him all 3rd qtr while up that differential. I didnt pay as much attention watching the 4th. Draymond Green gets a lot of free contact non-calls with his aggressive defense. Holding a jersey while reaching to steal, or arm shoves. If the ref crew in the WI game were the crew for this game he'd have fouled out mid 2nd qtr.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The defense is so much better since they essentially swapped Middleton for Parker.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I kind of want this team to be the 8 seed and take on Lebron.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Khris Middleton is still very underrated.

Is he though? All I read and hear is how he's the main reason they've turned the season around.

And Brogdon to a lesser extent, but it's hard to ignore how the team changed when Parker went out and Mids came in. I know Bucks fans liked Middleton all along, but at least on my part I didn't appreciate what he really means to the system working.

The Bucks are 3-1 on a 5 game west coast swing, and will finish it 4-1 if they beat the dumpy Kings tonight. I don't really recall that happening in many years. (?)

The defense is so much better since they essentially swapped Middleton for Parker.

Not overly surprising, Parker really isn't very good defensively and he was often out of position. Though he was improving a bit as the year went on. The thing that sucks is that we never really got to see how they all played together. Particularly on offense, would have really been a much more explosive team with a trio of guys out there that can score. Who knows if we ever really will or what Parker looks like when he actually gets back in a year.

Bucks are in a good position right now to get into the playoffs, but it's so bunched up that one bad week could really hurt them. They just need to keep winning the games they should win. Only 12 or so games left in the season at this point.

What a great road trip. I didn't think they had that in them. Tied for the 6 seed now, and they're only a game behind the fading-fast Hawks for the 5th seed. Crazy. Giannis rekt the Kings last night.

And who do they play tomorrow? That's right, the Hawks. So this team looked like they were out of the playoffs less than a month ago, now they could be tied for the 5th see after tomorrow. FIFTH.

This has been a great experience, because they've basically been in playoff mode for a while now. The intensity is there on defense, most of the time. Passing more on offense. For this team, it's almost that simple.

It has been fun to watch. Middleton is underrated. I did not realize he was that prolific as a scorer. His shots are so pure. Mixing in/out he and Giannis leaves a scorer on the court to bale out the backup units. Monroe is doing excellent scoring or passing. Then you have guys like Teletovic or Hawes dropping in 3s. Id like Hawes to play more. Because he will score inside, where Teletovic doesnt seem to venture. It's fun watching him play because I just think oh no dont shoot that, and swish. Confident reaction of too easy. Thanks for letting get min to show it is.

I seen that last night checking the standings all this hoopla theyd made it up to 6 like that was going to be the highest they can climb...yet lo and behold they're 1game behind 5seed Atlanta who they play next! Rather than Clv in 1st rd. We could face them in 2nd rd. 2series of experience would do alot moving forward.

Khris Middleton is still very underrated.

Is he though? All I read and hear is how he's the main reason they've turned the season around.

And Brogdon to a lesser extent, but it's hard to ignore how the team changed when Parker went out and Mids came in. I know Bucks fans liked Middleton all along, but at least on my part I didn't appreciate what he really means to the system working.

The Bucks are 3-1 on a 5 game west coast swing, and will finish it 4-1 if they beat the dumpy Kings tonight. I don't really recall that happening in many years. (?)

It was the first time they won 4 games on a road trip (any road trip) since January of 1989.

I mean. Wow.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

In an 82 game season how often do you have 4&5 game roadtrips? Im used to seeing 2 and 3 game trips. Now curiosity has gotten me to want to look back and see how often a season that happens. My guess is 2. With 5game trips not happening every season

The majority of the long trips are west coast like what we just did.

2016: @4 & @6 where 4-2 gives them that 4win accomplishment

2015: 3 times @4

2014: 2 times @4

2013: 1 time @4

2012: 2times @4

2011: 1 time @5

2010: 0times

2009: 1time @4 1 time @6

2008: 2 times @4

2007: 1 time @5

2006: 2 times @4

2005: 1 time @4