Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

patrickgpe
I don't think there is unknown with Beasley. He's a microwave. He's not going to play D, he's not going to pass, he just shoots. There isn't a huge risk of dropoff, he can shoot mid range jumpers. That usually doesn't just go away.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snell is just the sort of player the Bucks should be trading away, just like Henson a couple years ago. Buy low, hope they improve, then trade them away for draft picks or higher-ceiling prospects. Keeping good bench guys around are great once you have your solid core in place, but not before.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Monroe, Giannis, Snell, Middleton, Thon - I would like to see how that lineup does the rest of the year.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Rumor is Tyson Chandler is on the trade block. I know some are in favor of tanking, but I think this team is too talented to truly tank and the difference between the 12th and 18th pick isn't that much. Getting more playoff experience would be great for our young players so I'm more in favor of chasing the 8 seed than in previous years. Do you think the Suns would consider Henson, Vaughn, and a 2nd for Chandler?

Chandler? No thank you. Old with 2more years on contract.

This All Star game. Why dont they just play half court. Its 3pt shooting or dunk/layup fest. Why anyone even bothers to shoot the 3 is beyond me. Just dribble twice drive towards the basket and dunk. No one is contestingthe rim.

Edit for purposes adding to this

Do you think the Suns would consider Henson, Vaughn, and a 2nd for Chandler?

The Suns would be giving away old aging Chandler and 13mil cap hit a year to acquire 2 1st round "busts/tbd" at about same money cap hit except 1 more year of Henson in 3years from now. And get a 2nd round choice?

Yes I believe they would do that deal in an instant. Too much youth exchanged plus a draft choice not to my liking. If you say Henson and the 2nd rd choice maybe. Vaughn I know has been lost and bad, but he is 20, his numbers believe it or not are actually improved from his Rookie year. Let the man improve and maybe you have a real bench threat in a shooter down the road. Henson doesn't have any of that potential. He's a big guy that slows the team down. Thon Maker is already showing reasons of being a better future player to plug around what Henson is playing.

Maybe if I'm the Bucks the 2nd rd choice would be in 2019 draft when you'd think the Bucks team is battling a top 3 seed or better so it's pick will be late in 2nd

But if you're clearing out Henson's contract in the deal it still makes sense. Yes he's older, but he's still a much better player than Henson and signed for shorter. And seemingly fits the type of C we should want. Plus he's known as a great teammate/mentor type. Could be a good fill-in for a couple years to buy Thon some time or another draftee time to develop. I'd be for it as long as Henson is going out.

Giannis really took his name to another level. Yea, all star game was a joke, but he put up 30 and showed Giannis things to a broader audience.

I think he was 2nd highest vote getter in East behind James. He'll be #1 in the East in 2 years. He dunked on Curry twice with the third in between laughingly being with Curry Laying down about the 3pt line. And he mentioned being in the dunk contest one of these upcoming years. It's so nice to have something to be a fan of with the Bucks, it's been a long time.

Sounds like Roy Hibbert traded for a protected 2nd round pick. Wonder how they'll use the open roster spot. Could go after a veteran (Bogut and Deron Williams are both rumored to potentially have their contracts bought out) or they could take a look at a younger player.

Sounds like Roy Hibbert traded for a protected 2nd round pick. Wonder how they'll use the open roster spot. Could go after a veteran (Bogut and Deron Williams are both rumored to potentially have their contracts bought out) or they could take a look at a younger player.

i would go into the d-league and try to find a diamond in the rough. the mavs recently stuck gold with yogi ferrell, no hurt in signing a few guys to 10 day contracts to try them out for 2017-18. seems like a better use of a roster sport than resigning novak.

Alright, caught the 2nd half vs. Utah. Seems the 1st quarter they went through an 18-2 run by Itah, and never regained.

Maybe gave them bad luck. Utah supposedly shot poorly from 3 in 1st half. 2nd half I watched seemed 80% went in....and Milwaukee, Giannis made 2, Jet 1, I think every other missed, Delly, Brogdon, I dont recall if Middleton made an attempt.

Very lackadaisical on offense. Seemed 2man game poor movement. Running Delly/Beasley was a lot of bad possessions. Middleton wasnt effective. Giannis was the only difference maker. Monroe was good as well except his putbacks had a lid the ball wouldnt pass through.

Utah made the shots, got a lot of good bounces on offensive rebounds and Gordon Hayward scored at will. There was a fantastic run of defense in the 3rd where if the Bucks didnt come away with a steal, Utah made every tough shot.

Bucks misses fell right to Utah defenders, and the 3pt shots didnt fall.

That defense does leave 3pt shooters open far too often. Tough to comeback trading 2 for 3.

The Bucks have some issues that I'm starting to wonder aren't entirely on the players but on the coaching staff. The effort just isn't there to get a rebound and that shouldn't happen, and they have better defenders on the team that they shouldn't be giving up as many easy shots as they are.

Assuming Monroe opts out, and especially if they can manage to offload Henson's salary, they'll have a heck of a lot of money to work with in the offseason. Especially now that they don't have to plan quite as much money for a Jabari extension. Next season may be a good opportunity to pick up some bad contracts for draft picks, along with trading Delly and Snell for the same.

Snell is a restricted Free Agent after this season, which, given the Bucks history with RFA's means Hammond will offer him about 2x what he'd get on the FA market instead of waiting for him to get an offer and matching if that number is below our max they'd want to keep him for.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I just find it extremely hard to believe there hasn't been ANYBODY out there interested in Greg Monroe. I don't get the whole situation with him...either accept that hes weak on D and use him or move on. This bench player business for half the year is ridiculous. Don't pay the man if you didn't have the intention of starting him.

I think they had every intention of starting him. They just happened to sign a big sluggish Center at the exact time that big sluggish Centers went out of style. The rumor is that he'll opt out, but I just can't see him making more money than he is under contract for. Teams just don't want these guys. Hibbert, Bogut, Asik...just fell off the NBA map. Teams may want them for leadership/10 mpg on the second unit, but it's startling how quickly these guys became dinosaurs. The NBA right now is small ball and stretch, there's just not a market for the oafs. 10 years ago, rumors of Jahlil Okafor being traded would be ludicrous, now they couldn't get much for him.

I wouldn't put Hibbert, Bogut, Asik, and pretty much all of the big centers in the game in the same arena as Duncan, Olajuwon, Shaq, Kareem, Robinson, Ewing, Garnett, or even Dwight Howard (in his 20's).

It's not that big men have gone out of style - it's that there aren't any great ones right now. It has become more of a perimeter game, and longer shots create longer rebounds, but if the next Duncan/Olajuwon/Shaq/Robinson/etc. comes along they will dominate just as much if not more because there is no one who can defend them.

Archived