Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

patrickgpe
To be fair, they've made good 2nd round picks like Middleton and Brogdon. I think Maker was a good 1st round pick. I mean they've done a really good job on draft day, unfortunately equally bad the other 364 days.

The Bucks didn't draft Middleton he was included in the Jennings trade to Detroit.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd understand if we actually USED Plumlee...or at least tried to use him after signing that deal. At least make it look like we saw potential in him. But all that money to play 5 minutes a game? Talk about money burning a hole in pockets...what a waste. Scares me if that's how we're going to spend money over the longer term.

To be fair, they've made good 2nd round picks like Middleton and Brogdon. I think Maker was a good 1st round pick. I mean they've done a really good job on draft day, unfortunately equally bad the other 364 days.

The Bucks didn't draft Middleton he was included in the Jennings trade to Detroit.

Correct, got mixed up with Redd, going wayyy back.

I'd understand if we actually USED Plumlee...or at least tried to use him after signing that deal. At least make it look like we saw potential in him. But all that money to play 5 minutes a game? Talk about money burning a hole in pockets...what a waste. Scares me if that's how we're going to spend money over the longer term.

They played him at the beginning of the year, assuming he was the same as last year. He was totally inept, basically couldn't even function on the court. Since henson has still been terrible they've been tossing Plumlee 3-5 minute bones here and there hoping he'd show something. He usually fumbles a ball or two, trips on his own feet, basically is still completely inept. It's laughable that every fan knew that signing/contract was a joke the minute it was inked but our management did it.

It's laughable that every fan knew that signing/contract was a joke the minute it was inked but our management did it.

I expect nothing less from John Hammond in the free agency market. Especially restricted free agents.

9 years. The best FA acquisition he's made is..... Mike Dunleavy.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Giannis is signed for 4 more after this year, the way I understand it.

Jabari would be a restricted FA after the 2018 season where they can match any offer he gets. Guys like him almost always work out an extension before their last season though, so he'll sign at last a 4 year extension this summer, possibly 5. So he's here for at least 5 more years.

If we accept the continued development of Giannis, Jabari and Middleton, I don't see why the Bucks couldn't win a Championship. If Giannis hits jumpshots better and Jabari learns some defense that's a "big three" that can compete against anyone else's. Filling out the roster from there wouldn't be easy but it could certainly be done.

Honest poll question: Do you see the Bucks winning a championship in the next 10 years?

With the current power structure in the organization?

Nope.

They suffer from a complete lack of forward thinking and an inability to evaluate talent.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I say yes and to Baldkin's take above, the new stadium may help. Or the fact that the club is working with the top 3 NBA player another 4 years or longer. Nevermind how good Jabari is coming about. This is like Allen, Robinson duo only they are better ceilings. The front office has every reason to max offer Giannis and Jabari to keep them here. When's the last time you could say that? Redd? And he immediately became injury-prone and unreliable. So they don't need to hand out Miles Plumlee contracts because they'll need that money for those 2.

The five game losing streak is tough to stomach. But, obviously Giannis starting the all star game is a plus.

Sounds like we may be drafting around 12. It's a good draft so there should be a very nice player at that spot. Maybe somebody like a Miles Bridges at MSU. He's impressed me. But there are a ton of guys.

The five game losing streak is tough to stomach. But, obviously Giannis starting the all star game is a plus.

Sounds like we may be drafting around 12. It's a good draft so there should be a very nice player at that spot. Maybe somebody like a Miles Bridges at MSU. He's impressed me. But there are a ton of guys.

Long ways to go and alot of bad teams ahead of them. If Mids comes back pretty soon and we try to add a defensive presence down low I don't see a reason to throw the towel in on this season yet. No we won't win any titles but it would be great to get in the dance and get some experience for the guys.

Long ways to go and alot of bad teams ahead of them. If Mids comes back pretty soon and we try to add a defensive presence down low I don't see a reason to throw the towel in on this season yet. No we won't win any titles but it would be great to get in the dance and get some experience for the guys.

It helps that Kidd finally benched soft as hell John Henson. Plumlee is a scrub himself and got vastly overpaid, but he at least brings a physical nature to the position, will set hard screens, and won't get backed down under the rim like Henson does.

It's still very troubling that those two are owed 90 million dollars over the next four years because Hammond is clueless on giving out contracts, but Henson had to be removed from the rotation. Plumlee is the better scrub among the two.

IDK, all depends which scrub is bringing it. Henson has games where he plays really well. Part of it is match-ups, but it just seems really random when Henson and Plumley play well or horrible. Come to think of it, Monroe fits that category as well. But at least with Monroe you usually get at least a passable performance.

Any one of those contracts wouldn't be a problem, it's that they're stuck with all three.

IDK, all depends which scrub is bringing it. Henson has games where he plays really well. Part of it is match-ups, but it just seems really random when Henson and Plumley play well or horrible. Come to think of it, Monroe fits that category as well. But at least with Monroe you usually get at least a passable performance.

Any one of those contracts wouldn't be a problem, it's that they're stuck with all three.

Add in the 75 million spent on Dellavadova and Teletovic, the Bucks front office blew their wad to the tune of about 170 million dollars on four guys that none of which are a starting caliber player, and now the Bucks cap situation looks ugly going forward once Jabari is extended.

Hammond is such a frustrating GM. Overall i think he does a good job in the draft, but when it comes to handing out money the guy is an idiot.

Just because the team had some cap space available this offseason doesn't mean they had to use it all and even worse on the Plumlee contract, he was a RFA so why in the hell did they offer him 54 million dollars before another team first offered him any sort of ridiculous contract like that?

As Giannis and Jabari keep getting better, it will be hugely important on what type of role players surround those two. That's where cap room will be important. Not because the Bucks will lure a superstar here, but for the right surrounding cast. This will be much harder after blowing 170 million on Dellavadova/Teletovic/Henson/Plumlee.

Just because the team had some cap space available this offseason doesn't mean they had to use it all

Yea, very much like the way I spent my allowance when I was 8. Blow it all on crappy candy as fast as I could. I think they believed all these players are good enough to be easily flipped at any time, but that's a horrible strategy and already proven wrong in this case.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

but it just seems really random when Henson and Plumley play well or horrible

Add in the 75 million spent on Dellavadova and Teletovic,

I do find it a bit odd that being inconsistent seems to be common theme here. Perhaps Della and Tele were like this previously, but certainly they haven't played as well with the Bucks as they did elsewhere (which both have fairly well established careers).

Henson and Plumley are both playing off of last seasons play list (Henson starts good, but falters. Plumley looks like nothing early, but comes on strong late).

Any thoughts that the inconsistency is more a coaching issue than a bad GM signing issue?

Archived