Brewer Fanatic

Gourriel signs with Astros - 5 years, $47.5 million

Rosenthal just tweeted that Gourriel will be the 3B when he's ready in a few weeks. Valbuena is a decent filler there that can play some DH or 1B.

I guess Bregman could be used as a DH for this year and they can figure it out later, but I'm not sure that you want to use a SS with a bat like that in the OF down the road. Maybe Gourriel can switch to OF later, but I think Bregman is dealt for an arm.

Bregman is going to be a superstar. I would trade Lucroy & Braun for him. Seriously. And send $$$ to help pay for Braun

Glad you're not the GM then.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

That's too much quality and not enough quantity. You are better off trading them for multiple players. Bregman is better than anything we would ever get for those two and we probably won't get a superstar like Bregman in a trade involving Braun/Lucroy, but I'd rather get multiple players that can impact the MLB team.

I see the attractiveness of Bregman, but I think he Brewers would be better off a different route. Most notably for pitching focused packages.

Archived