Brewer Fanatic

2016-07-06 Brewers (Garza) at Nationals (Roark), 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-4]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 6 | 3:05 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (37-46) | Nationals (50-35)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/nationals.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_garza-matt-05.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/nationals_roark-tanner-02.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Matt Garza[/pitcher][h2]1-1, 3.74 ERA, 1.66 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Nationals | Game Log[/h3][h3]In his previous outing, Garza was burned by five well-placed singles plus his own costly throwing error in a five-run fourth inning at St. Louis. He’s surrendered four earned runs in consecutive outings.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Tanner Roark[/pitcher][h2]7-5, 2.93 ERA, 1.23 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Against the Brewers, Roark is 2-0 with a 2.42 ERA in four career outings (three starts). Just over a week ago, he tossed seven shutout innings at Miller Park as the Nationals won the game, 3-2.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  4. 1B Chris Carter ®
  5. 3B Aaron Hill ®
  6. CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis (L)
  7. RF Hernan Perez ®
  8. LF Ramon Flores (L)
  9. RHP Matt Garza ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Ben Revere (L)
  2. LF Jayson Werth ®
  3. 2B Daniel Murphy (L)
  4. RF Bryce Harper (L)
  5. 3B Anthony Rendon ®
  6. 1B Ryan Zimmerman ®
  7. SS Stephen Drew (L)
  8. C Jose Lobaton (S)
  9. RHP Tanner Roark ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Garza just sucks. Just cut his behind and be done with it.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Three 5th outfielders in the starting line up today. Garza's suckiness won't matter because they are getting shut out.

Oh but at least they can all throw! Just couldn't afford to have a 40 HR guy in the lineup who's arm cost them maybe a half dozen runs a year.

On the hook for one more year after this, plus a possible vesting option for another year in 2018 which I think we can assume will not happen:

"Then comes the complicated option for a fifth year. According to Sherman, it vests at $13 million for 2018 if Garza pitches in 110 games during the first four years of the contract, and he is not on the disabled list at the end of the 2017 regular season, and he pitches at least 115 innings in 2017.

If those things do not happen, it instead becomes a $5 million club option for 2018 that would drop to only $1 million if Garza spends 130 days on the DL during a 183-day period"

I am not Shea Vucinich

Wasn't it rumored that is why they shut him down last year? To make it almost impossible to reach that vested option. Then with missing almost all of the first half of this season, he would have to be a workhorse to get even close. Man what a bust.... :ohwell

He isn't reaching those vesting marks.

Assuming they aren't ready to bring up Hader I wonder who would even be a stop gap? Nobody at the upper levels is really pitching worth a damn.

I hope they get rid of him but I dont see them doing it.

Why in the hell did Counsell leave this clown in so long? Stevie Wonder could have seen he sucked in this game. What a waste of a roster spot and a drain on our financial resources. :tongue

There should be a panel the MLB has so that if you pay a guy a large salary and they don't live up to it that you can cut the guy and not pay him or that there would be some percentage of a buyout.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

There should be a panel the MLB has so that if you pay a guy a large salary and they don't live up to it that you can cut the guy and not pay him or that there would be some percentage of a buyout.

I hope this is a joke.

I hope this is a joke.

Why? If I don't do my job well, I won't have it. Why are these athletes any different?

I hope this is a joke.

Why? If I don't do my job well, I won't have it. Why are these athletes any different?

Because their union collectively bargained for guaranteed contracts and their employer agreed.

Because their union collectively bargained for guaranteed contracts and their employer agreed.

Thanks. I'm well aware of the current system and how it got to be. Doesn't mean that it can never change. Although I'm sure it will never go back now.

Is there someone at your workplace with the job description of actively working with the goal of making you perform poorly at your job? Every athlete does.

Also, do you want athletes to compete for your team with the goal of winning? Or do you want them to be only concerned with their own, individual performance because their job depends on it? Limiting salary based on performance is a good way to make sure athletes look out for themselves above team, and I wouldn't blame them one bit for it.

Or how about we go the NFL model where teams can cut players at any point and not pay the rest of their contract? Spring Training holdouts for all!

I get the sentiment, but there are a number of reasons this approach would actually be detrimental.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Archived