OF: Michael Saunders, Blue Jays

OF: George Springer, Astros

NL

1B: Brandon Belt, Giants

OF: Ryan Braun, Brewers

3B: Jake Lamb, D-backs

OF: Starling Marte, Pirates

SS: Trevor Story, Rockies

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Congrats to the national cubs and friends

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Probably nothing because he was pretty bad at Miller park

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I hate this game. If you're going to make it count for home field in the World Series (which is such an overreaction and beyond stupid), at least take out the ridiculous rule that every team needs a representative. That's how you end up with Adam Duvall and his .291 OBP in the game.

I hate the All Star Game. I hate the 4 days without meaningful baseball. It's a waste of time in the middle of summer when no other professional sports are going on, except golf and tennis.

This is the perfect week to have actual important matchups going on, instead of stopping the game for 4 days. It would be way cooler if they would leave the schedule open this week, then announce a competitive 3 game series' where teams go head to head against similar teams.

Once the All Star break is over NFL training camp takes all the attention away from MLB.

Personally, I love the MLB All-Star game and festivities and have since I was a little kid.

Being able to see all the MLB stars in one game is like a dream come true to a youngster.

I also love watching the FUTURES GAME and the HR DERBY.

As much as it's debated, I even like a few of the controversial aspects of it:

1. I agree with the requirement that all 30 teams have a representative. As a kid, I remember rooting for the Brewer who probably didn't deserve to be there and being excited.

2. I like that the winning league gets awarded home field advantage for the World Series. Up until the 2002 Miller Park Tie All-Star game which I attended, the league simply alternated years of hosting, which I thought was much more silly. This makes it much more interesting than the NBA all-star game, which is a complete joke. The NFL Pro Bowl also has gained very little interest because it's played when the season is over and the top stars bail on the game.

The only other solution is to give it to the team with the better regular season record, but I guess I like it the way it is.

Should have just had the Cubs play the Sawx and let everyone else rest. I will struggle to watch any of it this year due to the lovefest for Ortiz, and he's a complete attention seeker so will be constantly sticking his nose in everything. As most of you know, I personally don't care about PEDs, but I find it laughable that ESPN is in love with a known PED user and will usher him into the HOF while simultaneously villainizing Braun/Arod. And in comparison to Braun, Ortiz was in the era of actual real steroids.

Home field advantage for the World Series shouldn't be determined by an All-Star game. The better team deserves it. The better solution to the tie at Miller Park going forward should have been to allow a player to return to the game later on should it go into extra innings. After all, it should be an exhibition game and nothing more.

Home field advantage for the World Series shouldn't be determined by an All-Star game. The better team deserves it. The better solution to the tie at Miller Park going forward should have been to allow a player to return to the game later on should it go into extra innings. After all, it should be an exhibition game and nothing more.

And what made no sense is that making it decide the WS home team didn't in any way fix the problem that caused the tie. Team could still very easily run out of pitchers again and nothing was put in to fix it. I'm adamantly against having the ASG decide it. Baseball won't have the problems the NFL has in players not showing up because it's not physical. If healthy almost every player will go if asked.

And what made no sense is that making it decide the WS home team didn't in any way fix the problem that caused the tie. Team could still very easily run out of pitchers again and nothing was put in to fix it. I'm adamantly against having the ASG decide it. Baseball won't have the problems the NFL has in players not showing up because it's not physical. If healthy almost every player will go if asked.

So is your solution to have the team with the best record between the AL Champ and the NL Champ have home field advantage? Just curious.

I hate this game. If you're going to make it count for home field in the World Series (which is such an overreaction and beyond stupid), at least take out the ridiculous rule that every team needs a representative. That's how you end up with Adam Duvall and his .291 OBP in the game.

He does have 22 HRs. And we all know that chicks dig the long ball.

Yes, I'd just have it based on who has the best record, like every other league.

Off the top of my head, if you wanted to have something quirky you could have whichever league has the best interleague record gets home field. But interleague favors the AL so I don't like it either. Just go with best record.

If the game is an exhibition then it doesn't matter if fans votes in lesser players and if each team needs a rep. If it matters, that stuff should be gone.

I always laughed how people viewed the exhibition ASG tie as a travesty or embarrassing while the greatest best most powerful league/sport has ties in actual regular season games. And hockey at the time did as well.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

To me the biggest issue is with how the starters are selected. I know this is 'for the fans', but let's be honest, the fans are going to mostly vote for their home town guys. The teams encourage it.

I think the NFL does a mixed approached to electing the all stars - 1/3 to fans, 1/3 to writers, and 1/3 to players. I'd much rather have something like that.

It's better than how the home-field advantage was determined previously.

Just saw Carpenter from STL on the DL and replaced with Diaz from STL. I'm assuming that's part of the team rep rule, even if a guy is named but must pull out due to injury they still need a rep from that team. I thought that spot would go to Crawford from SF but possibly Villar.

Archived