Brewer Fanatic

2016-07-04 Brewers (Guerra) at Nationals (Scherzer), 10:05 AM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0 on Maldy homer; Guerra, Smith, Jeffress combine for 2-hitter]

1992casey

My goodness

Junior Guerra's last two starts:

vs LAD: 8ip 0r 2h 2bb 7k 109 pitches

at WAS: 7.1ip 0r 2h 2bb 7k 109 pitches

Junior Guerra pulled after 7 1/3 scoreless innings in Washington. 2.93 ERA, 1.02 WHIP, and 67 strikeouts in 76 2/3 innings this season.

Hopefully they will both be more careful in the future.

That's why I'm not particularly wound up. It's a lesson that's likely to stick.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The thing that stood out for me was that the Brewers managed to play a whole game without a weather delay.

My brother's in DC; he says if the Nats had tied it up they'd have probably halted it for a couple hours.

I can remember a similar lineup gaffe back in 1988. The Brewers had picked up a guy named Mike Young off the waiver wire. Treblehorn put him in the lineup behind Robin Yount in a game. I can't remember who they were playing, but either the opposing manager or the umpire couldn't decipher Yount from Young on the lineup card and the kid just about got thrown out of the game after he was called out for batting out of order. I think there was a picture of the argument on the front page of the Journal Sentinel sports section.

In the game that brewers4eric mentioned, Yount was hitting third and playing center; Young was hitting 5th and DH-ing. When Young came to bat, Tigers manager Sparky Anderson argued that Yount was being pinch hit for and needed to be removed. The ump agreed, and Robin was taken out of the game. The next day, the American League office said that the Brewers should have simply lost the DH.

The 2013 Giants were the most recent team to bat out of order to start a game. Also that year, the Rangers hit out of order after mid-game substitutions. The last time the Brewers hit out of order was 1996.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/385476641.html

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived