Brewer Fanatic

PG Crosschecker, BaseballWebTV facelift

Allan Simpson is leaving Baseball America to pursue other baseball ventures. Mr. Simpson has been somewhat of a personal role model for myself given our similar interests and passions for the game of baseball at all levels, particularly everything under the big-leagues (particularly the draft).

Here is Baseball America's release:

www.baseballamerica.com/t...26994.html

A year ago I had the pleasure of speaking with Simpson in an interview for Perfect Game:

Perfect Game Allan Simpson interview

No word on the details Southwest Brewer, just that he has left Baseball America to join Perfect Game.

I can tell you that Perfect Game is made up of former players/coaches/scouts and the like, and their specialty is baseball related, particularly when it comes to amateur talent. Baseball America's speciality is to write about baseball. They are not a scouting-driven company in that none of their employees are talent evaluators (Josh Boyd did leave BA to become an area scout, but IIRC he went through scouting school). They're journalists. Simpson was probably the closest thing they had to a talent evaluator, and worked closely with Perfect Game given their mutual relationship with their Prospects Plus publication.

• 2 weeks later...
I am seeing a lot of glitches too. I was going to register yesterday, btu when the package descriptions were being dissected by what was supposed to be the bottom border of the page, I decided to hold off.

The draft order has the Nats picking 26th and the Dodgers getting the Angels 2nd round pick. Shouldnt the Dodgers get the Angels first, since Weaver was a Type A and Carrasco was a Type B?

Also, are the subscription prices yearly?

I've let the folks at Perfect Game know about the glitches with PG Crosschecker. Hopefully they'll get those cleaned up soon.

I wanted to let people know, since this is a Perfect Game related thread that BaseballWebTV has already transformed and has enjoyed a face-lift. Check it out if you haven't already:

www.baseballwebtv.com/

They really are the best aren't they?

They could sit back on their laurels and just bask in how good they are but instead they put in massive time, effort, and money and make things even better.

Awesome.

On a side note I was able to watch video of one of my favorite players for next year taking BP.

If you guys want to see a big league swing with easy light tower power watch Danny Rams hit at the 2005 National Showcase...that dude is gonna be a big leaguer. He's only a high school junior.

• 2 weeks later...

Baseball America is partnering with Baseball Factory, who is partnered with Team One Baseball:

www.baseballamerica.com/m...61147.html

I'm pretty sure BA was paired with T1 before, whose prospect coverage and showcases have drastically gone downhill over the last few years. I'm not sure if this officially severs their tie with Perfect Game or not, hopefully not for BA, as it would damage their reputation when it comes to their Prospect Plus publication.

No, it's not a war, as PG & BA remain partners in the selection partners for the Aflac game (although it should be noted that PG does all the selecting, as BA doesn't have any talent evaluators on it's staff).

Because of the lack of talent evaluators, even if there were bad blood, it's comparing apples to oranges. Baseball America writes about baseball. Perfect Game employs scouts and coaches to cover high school baseball better than any other company out there.

Archived