Brewer Fanatic

Examiner.com has ceased operations

Out of nowhere, just moments ago, Examiner.com stopped taking new story submissions and will close down completely July 10. I am scrambling to figure out what comes next. As of now, I still have an affiliation with 27 Outs Baseball, but if any of you have any ideas on a good temporary site to put my articles up, I would appreciate it. I still plan to finish the season, so I am just looking for a spot to put things, as we have half the season left.

Thank you in advance.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

"TeesReport" is Donald Rieber, Jr., and we've been linking to his Brevard County game summaries in the Link Reports daily.

Sorry to hear the news, Donald.

Donald attends all (or nearly all) Manatee home games, interviewing Brevard Manager Joe Ayrault postgame, and listens to the road games when audio is available, providing us tidbits from those broadcasts we might no know otherwise.

The click counts to the Examiner site did generate revenue for Donald, I'm sure it's not Mega-Millions money, but helps Donald fuel that portion of his journalism passion.

You're free to post directly to the Link Reports, but I can guarantee you there's no money to siphon from our own funds (there are none :)).

I do believe there is a click count benefit for articles at BrewCrewBall and BPMilwaukee, and I'll refer them to reach out to you if they show interest, as they should (and then we'd link directly to them instead).

Good luck, Donnie, keep up the good work.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Tough break, Donald. I hope you can find a place for your work. Your contributions here are much appreciated.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived