Brewer Fanatic

2016-07-01 Brewers (Garza) at Cardinals (García), 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-1]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 1 | 7:15 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (35-43) | Cards (40-38)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/cardinals.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_garza-matt-09.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/cardinals_garcia-jaime-05.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Matt Garza[/pitcher][h2]1-0, 2,81 ERA, 1.50 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cardinals | Game Log[/h3][h3]After issuing only one walk in his first 10 innings since returning from the 60-day DL, Garza walked three batters in his last start, allowing four runs in six innings.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jaime García[/pitcher][h2]5-6, 4.09 ERA, 1.38 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]García took a no-decision after allowing five runs in 5 innings on Sunday. He’s won just one of his last five starts, but he did make his best start of the season against the Brewers back in April.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. 3B Aaron Hill ®
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. RF Hernán Pérez ®
  7. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  8. CF Keon Broxton ®
  9. RHP Matt Garza ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Matt Carpenter (L)
  2. SS Aledmys Díaz ®
  3. LF Matt Holliday ®
  4. RF Brandon Moss (L)
  5. 3B Jhonny Peralta ®
  6. 1B Matt Adams (L)
  7. C Yadier Molina ®
  8. CF Tommy Pham ®
  9. LHP Jaime Garcia (L)

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

My gut says that the first run of the game didn't need to score when it did. The out on the rundown was OK, though. Saving the run wouldn't have produced the out.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

It always kind of surprises me in St. Louis the lack of reaction to Braun. They seem pretty indifferent to him, relative to most MLB team fans anyway.

They have had juicers in their recent history as well.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Garza has to be the worst fielding pitcher in baseball. I mean he is just awful.

Jon Lester has to be up there as well.

I thought he only had a problem with pickoffs at 1st.

It always kind of surprises me in St. Louis the lack of reaction to Braun. They seem pretty indifferent to him, relative to most MLB team fans anyway.

They have had juicers in their recent history as well.

They have one currently playing 3B. But that's different because, you know, he's a Cardinal and stuff.

Garza has to be the worst fielding pitcher in baseball. I mean he is just awful.

Jon Lester has to be up there as well.

I thought he only had a problem with pickoffs at 1st.

I coulda swore that it was throwing to 1st in general, but for sure -- the pickoffs stand-out to me. Still part of fielding. ;)

If they offered me a contract to play for them I would tell them to shove it.

Turn down a lifetime pension and health benefits and a $500,000 minimum salary? I got 3 kids, my hatred of the cards ain't worth that much.

If they offered me a contract to play for them I would tell them to shove it.

Turn down a lifetime pension and health benefits and a $500,000 minimum salary? I got 3 kids, my hatred of the cards ain't worth that much.

Maybe I'd take their money and sabotage them from the inside.

I can't speak much to Lester's field problems, but Garza's are so bad that he can receive a simple comebacker, and you hold your breath because a great deal of the time, he cannot make a simple throw with time to first base. Forgot about trying to turn 2. It's a serious issue with Garza.

Archived