Brewer Fanatic

Fernando Rodney to the Marlins

wildcat83

Don't like this trade as Rodney was on my fantasy team and has been pretty much lights out this year as a closer (I don't think he will be the closer in Miami). :angry

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

That's a pretty good return for a 39 year old pitcher.

The market for our guys should be impressive.

Just because one team makes a stupid deal it doesn't mean that trade sets the market for everyone else. If that were true Dave Stewart would have ruined it for everyone.

I don't think that was a stupid deal by either team and I think some are "overvaluing" Paddack. Yes he's having a great year in LoA ball, but he was an 8th round draft pick and ranked number 17 in the Marlins organization after the 2015 season. It's not like he's a top 100 (or even 200 prospect). Miami wanted to solidify their bullpen now and did that with a guy who has given up 1 ER in

28.67 innings. San Diego wanted to add a prospect to their minor league system and did that with a decent (but not sure bet - he's 20 years old and pitching in LoA..still has a lot to prove regardless of what he is doing this year) prospect. Each team got what they wanted out of the deal. I don't see this as a lopsided deal at all.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I am willing to bet that Paddack not only is a top 100 prospect, but you will see his name floated as a potential candidate for the upcoming midseason updated top 50 ranks by Baseball America and other industry folks.

I'll be he falls outside for right now since he's done it for just a month, but he's without a doubt in the conversation and I am updating my personal top 100 in the early part of July and he will easily reside in the top 100.

Fair enough. Personally if I was doing rankings, I would wait another year or two to see if a 20 year old 8th round pick pitching in LoA can continue to pitch well at higher levels before bumping him all the way up to a top 100 prospect.

Archived