Brewer Fanatic

Brewers- Mariners Trade

Jonathan LuCroy and Blaine Boyer to the Mariners for Mike Zunnino ©, Tyler O'Neil (OF-#4 prospect), Edwin Diaz (RHP-# 2 prospect) and Ryan Yarbrough (LHP-#12 prospect, possibly MLB ready)? The Mariners could use bullpen help and a catcher/DH/1B fills several needs. Yarbrough and Zunnino could be second half starters and O'Neil is not far away. With Zunnino, at least we wouldn't have to see Maldanado behind the plate!

It's been touched on in almost every thread, but positional need doesn't matter to me. If you're too thin at one position or too loaded at another, you make a trade down the road. Just get the best player for now. This obviously excludes the situation where you trade for 7 catchers in a row or something...but within reason, position doesn't matter to me.

they have to get a corner IF back.

No they don't. The Mariners don't have the pieces for Lucroy anyways. The only remotely interesting piece in this deal is Diaz.

I don't know how you can dismiss O'Neill who's absolutely destroying Southern League pitching and who just turned 21 a week ago and who belted 32 HR last year albeit in the California League. He's 9 months younger than Corey Ray. O'Neill would immediately be a top 3 prospect for Brewers. Mariners have arms that while not at the top prospect level are plenty projectable as major leaguers. That includes Yarbrough and Dylan Unswerth. I doubt Mariners would give up Diaz and O'Neill though but I'd have a hard time passing on O'Neill, Zunino, and a couple of their starters in the 10-15 range on their prospect list.

Archived