Brewer Fanatic

Alex Presley DFA'd, IF/OF Jake Elmore's contract purchased from AAA

markedman5

Didn't see Elmore as the next man up candidate but I guess at least Presley is gone.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The #Brewers have selected the contract of INF/OF Jake Elmore from Triple-A @skysox. OF Alex Presley has been designated for assignment.

They needed another RH bat off the bench, and apparently Santana will be out a while so Perez will be playing a lot of OF. Gives Counsell some maneuverability in the infield. Have to like Elmore's road splits at AAA: .329/.438/.425 and his .921 OPS vs. LHP.

48 hits in AAA, 3 doubles, 0 triples, 2 HRs. lol

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Yikes.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yikes.

Elmore: 19 Strikeouts, 26 Walks.

Middlebrooks: 57 Strikeouts, 5 Walks

Not about slugging, though Elmore is slugging .475 vs. LHP. It's about ability to provide a quality AB, move a runner, score one from 3rd with less than 2 outs and defensive versatility (Elmore has played LF, 3B and 2B).

With Broxton a strikeout machine as a bench option most days, they needed a put it in play, work the count guy.

Walsh had his chance. Should he have had more opportunity? Maybe, but when you're a fringy player you have to make the most of the chances you get, he didn't.

Does not matter that Elmore has no power, it's a short term fix and all he needs to do is PH. If he's clutch in that role maybe he hangs around for a while.

Not that I think this is ever a reason for adding a player to the 25, but at least it shows future players that the Brewers are willing to promote these AAAA guys when they produce in AAA, and at least give them some time in the Show.

Walsh had his chance. Should he have had more opportunity? Maybe, but when you're a fringy player you have to make the most of the chances you get, he didn't.

Does not matter that Elmore has no power, it's a short term fix and all he needs to do is PH. If he's clutch in that role maybe he hangs around for a while.

Not that I think this is ever a reason for adding a player to the 25, but at least it shows future players that the Brewers are willing to promote these AAAA guys when they produce in AAA, and at least give them some time in the Show.

All he needs to do is pinch hit....'or start at 2nd base .....like he is tonight

Middlebrooks is limited to 1B/3B, while Elmore can play basically anywhere, including SS and C, in a pinch.

According to Telly, Elmore played all nine positions for the Astros in 2013.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I guess they could play Elmore in the outfield if they need a right handed outfielder but I would rather not have another lefty outfielder in Wren. Reed had a good start but then got injured and struggled for quite a bit, he is again hitting well so he might be an option in the not too distant future. Still no power but continues to get on base at a high rate.

Archived