Brewer Fanatic

2016-06-28 Dodgers (Urías) at Brewers (Anderson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5]

1992casey

Well, you also have to consider the count and situation too. Flores had a big hitters count, and Blanton couldn't find the strike zone and was about to load the bases, and the Dodgers had no one up to replace him.

I could forgive it if it was a close play but IMO it wasn't.

Point well-taken, I guess I'm just a bit jaded when it comes to Ramon Flores...here's hoping he proves me wrong now.

EDIT: Nope.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Good thing this is not the year that wins and losses really matter in the big picture. Hopefully we grow and learn from losses like this.

Not to continue to throw things on Ed but he has not changed in the however many years he's been here. Hey, maybe he's a great coach at whatever else it is he does but 3rd base is not where he belongs.

Good thing this is not the year that wins and losses really matter in the big picture. Hopefully we grow and learn from losses like this.

Not to continue to throw things on Ed but he has not changed in the however many years he's been here. Hey, maybe he's a great coach at whatever else it is he does but 3rd base is not where he belongs.

Why was he moved from 1B to 3B again?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Why was he moved from 1B to 3B again?

Ron did that for some reason. Probably because he's an idiot.

Don't worry, we'll pull Guerra with 1ER, 6IP, 82 pitches again, and do the same with Davies on Thursday (again).

What happened?

The runners were going and Perez tried to score from 2d on a wild pitch and was out on a close play.

Close? Perez was about 6 or 7 feet from home plate and just starting his slide when Blanton received the throw.

He was also almost walking into home plate like he'd hit a homer. He slid into home and barely made it to the plate.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I said it last time Urias faced us. For one of the top pitching prospects in baseball his stuff isn't that impressive. Yes, he's getting outs but a low 90's fastball and a curve that's a strike 50% of the time isn't what you think of when you think young, dominating pitcher. Changeup looks good though.

He has a 95mph fastball and a 70 mph curve - a 25 mph differential. Throw in a mid-80's change... if he can consistently generate the same arm action/slot/speed that kind of differential can be devastating. He also gets a lot of movement on that curveball.

Archived