Brewer Fanatic

2016-06-28 Dodgers (Urías) at Brewers (Anderson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/dodgers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 28 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Dodgers (42-36) | Brewers (34-41)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/dodgers_urias-julio-01.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_anderson-chase-16.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Julio Urías[/pitcher][h2]0-2, 4.33 ERA, 1.48 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]The Dodgers keep delaying the 19-year-old Urías’ shutdown because he keeps getting outs. But he’s on a short leash with a bullpen that also figures to be worked hard on Wednesday.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Chase Anderson[/pitcher][h2]4-7, 5.13 ERA, 1.28 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Dodgers | Game Log[/h3][h3]After the Brewers took advantage of three days off in an eight-day span by skipping the righty’s turn in the rotation, Anderson should be fresh. His last start came against the Dodgers, when he gave up seven runs in just 2 innings.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Chase Utley (L)
  2. LF Howie Kendrick ®
  3. SS Corey Seager (L)
  4. 1B Adrian González (L)
  5. RF Trayce Thompson ®
  6. C Yasmani Grandal (S)
  7. CF Joc Pederson (L)
  8. 3B Chris Taylor ®
  9. LHP Julio Urías (L)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. 3B Aaron Hill ®
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. RF Hernán Pérez ®
  7. 2B Jake Elmore ®
  8. CF Keon Broxton ®
  9. RHP Chase Anderson ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

This pitching staff other then Davies and Guerra is hard to watch.

Yeah Nelson and Garza have been soooo bad.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

check out Nelson's stats in the last month. For the year his FIP is 4.93

Yeah he's been bad.....not striking anybody out either.

Hopefully he can turn it around.

Garza has been ok.....I'm not convinced it will last with his stuff.

I said it last time Urias faced us. For one of the top pitching prospects in baseball his stuff isn't that impressive. Yes, he's getting outs but a low 90's fastball and a curve that's a strike 50% of the time isn't what you think of when you think young, dominating pitcher. Changeup looks good though.

Watch for replays of Joc Peterson's great catch of Chris Carter's sac fly. It's unfortunate that Joc was hurt, and it was amazing that he hung onto the ball. Luc scored from second; obviously, that's rare on a sac fly.

Watch for replays of Joc Peterson's great catch of Chris Carter's sac fly. It's unfortunate that Joc was hurt, and it was amazing that he hung onto the ball. Luc scored from second; obviously, that's rare on a sac fly.

Listening to the radio call and it sounded like it was going to be a 500 ft bomb the way Uecker initially called it.

Dodgers unraveling but the Brewers figure out a way to help them out.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Listening to the radio call and it sounded like it was going to be a 500 ft bomb the way Uecker initially called it.

BA called it that way too. I don't blame either him or Uecker. It looked out for sure.

What happened?

Peréz was stealing 3rd on the play and it ended up as a passed ball. Sedar sent him home. I won't say he was out by a mile, but it wasn't bang-bang. You could tell when he was halfway home that he wasn't going to make it.

It's amazing how an incompetent 3rd base coach can cost you several wins over the course of a season.

I'm not a big Sedar fan at 3rd either, but honestly...what is more likely in that scenario - Perez beats the throw/catcher or pitcher mishandle the ball, or Ramon Flores gets a hit? I actually didn't mind sending him.

I am not Shea Vucinich

What happened?

The runners were going and Perez tried to score from 2d on a wild pitch and was out on a close play.

Close? Perez was about 6 or 7 feet from home plate and just starting his slide when Blanton received the throw.

It's amazing how an incompetent 3rd base coach can cost you several wins over the course of a season.

I'm not a big Sedar fan at 3rd either, but honestly...what is more likely in that scenario - Perez beats the throw/catcher or pitcher mishandle the ball, or Ramon Flores gets a hit? I actually didn't mind sending him.

Well, you also have to consider the count and situation too. Flores had a big hitters count, and Blanton couldn't find the strike zone and was about to load the bases, and the Dodgers had no one up to replace him.

I could forgive it if it was a close play but IMO it wasn't.

Archived