Brewer Fanatic

Draft and Follow deadline?

Has it passed already or is it this upcoming midnight? I read that the Mets didnt sign Beato but I want to make sure the publication isnt jumping the gun. I've read mixed reports about him. BA.com says his best breaking pitch is a slider and PGCC says it's a curve. You know anything about him, CJ?

I can never remember the deadline. I thought it was supposed to be last night at midnight, as that's really a week before the draft.

Not sure on Beato. The JC guys are harder to keep tabs on. I obviously would tend to side with PGCC, but when you're hearing differing reports that usually means the pitch is somewhere in between a curve and a slider, or a slurve.

And I would be surprised if the Mets don't sign him, and in a way that would put up a red flag for any other team interested in drafting him. The Mets aren't exactly cheap when it comes to signing players, so either he was asking for WAY too much and/or the Mets didn't feel he was worth even first-round money. I'm sure we'll learn more in the next few days, as info on DFEs is always slow to get out.

BA.com is reporting that Hochevar, Beato and Morris are re-entering the draft. Like you said, it's difficult to scout the DFE guys since they're believed to sign. But I remember Morris being one of the top prep pitchers last year and looking over BA's draft coerage for '05, his breaking ball was considered the best among the prep class. I think he'd get a serious look from Logan White at 26 or 31. As for Beato, I hope he lasts till one of those picks but I doubt it.

www.baseballamerica.com/t...61479.html

Archived