Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 3)

Man, I really wish Colorado was competitive. They have nice pieces in their farm system and a black hole at catcher. Luc in a line up with arenado, Gonzalez, blackmon, and story would be really strong. Too bad their pitching is garbage.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, I really wish Colorado was competitive. They have nice pieces in their farm system and a black hole at catcher. Luc in a line up with arenado, Gonzalez, blackmon, and story would be really strong. Too bad their pitching is garbage.

Well their management generally doesn't have a clue about what they're doing so I suppose they're an option.

I would be absolutely thrilled if Lucroy to the Rockies netted either Jon Gray or Jeff Hoffmann. I don't see this as probable but maybe the drafting of Riley Pint loosened this thought up for them a little bit.

The definitely have arms we desire....

New report this morning from Rosenthal saying that a ton of scouts were watching the Rangers AZL team this past week, including a few from the Brewers. Specifically mentions Leody Taveras and Anderson Tejada:

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/texas-rangers-milwaukee-brewers-trade-deadline-ken-rosenthal-notebook-071116

Any thoughts on these two young prospects? Looks like Taveras is #8 in the Rangers Top 30 prospects according to mlb.com. Personally, I think I'd need at least one of their upper level guys - Gallo, Brinson, Tate or Ortiz in the deal, and then Taveras and probably another younger prospect like Jurado.

Yeah, unfortunately the ship has sailed in terms of any chance we'd have at getting Mazara. It appears that Brinson is starting to heat up though now after a really bad start to his season, so you'd have to think that he'd potentially be in play for us as a centerpiece. Would still like to get one of their better pitching prospects in return for Lucroy though as well.

Maraza better be the centerpiece of any deal with Texas.

Pipe dream - He has more value than Gallo to them

Damn... I want nothing to do with Gallo.

I am not sure the Rangers have talent that they are willing to give up to get Lucroy. I would say it has to be one of Gallo/Mazzara/Brinson AND Luis Ortiz. To which the Rangers may say forget about any of those first three, and then you worry about a really watered down return.

Ortiz would be great, but I want one more top ranked talent to come along with him AND a high upside lottery pick like Taveras.

It seems to me like the Red Sox are the best chance to get the best return.

I'm sure it'll be a set of completely different players than anyone has mentioned. As long and as much as we've discussed this, not too much originality with players proposed.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm afraid the Rangers won't be trading Nomar Mazara anytime soon.

Yeah, they would be pretty crazy to deal him now. I know he's slowed down, but he's still got a .282 BA and 11 HR in 1/2 season. That's pretty great for a talented player who turned 21 just three months ago.

Plus, they'd just open up a hole in their lineup.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

That would be a pretty huge haul. A lot might be the organization's feeling about Ortiz. He's doing great, but there's some concern about his conditioning plus he's had some arm issues. Just want to make sure he's not a TJ surgery waiting to happen. Tavares would be a huge addition - only 17, but a ton of talent. The other guys I couldn't say much about - they seem to be productive this year, which is always good.

I would be tempted by it and probably wouldn't be able to say no but I, honestly, want quality over quantity in regards to Luc. I want a franchise caliber player in return for him and that's what I'd aim to get. That's the type of deal (above) that you take on August 1st at the last minute because nobody else would meet your top tier prospect demands IMO. Not bad at all but I still try to swing for the elite/borderline elite prospect first.

I'll still pass on Ortiz, until he shows any ability to control his weight and keep it down I'll take other talented pitchers such as Mendez and Jurado

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Indians fan here. Would love to have Lucroy in an Indians uni. Zimmer/Frazier/Bradley/Aiken/Clevinger seem to be untouchable. I also think Mejia is untouchable as he is really the only good catching prospect the Tribe has in their system. Even more so now that Gomes seems to have fallen off a cliff. The most realistic prospect package would likely center on Sheffield. Not sure if that is a good enough starting point, but I doubt the Indians would give up one of their top 5 guys for a player that only has <1.5 yrs of control. What's your guys' thoughts??

Archived