Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 3)

I know there are some Brewers fans that think either Lucroy brings in a Kings ransom so he doesn't get dealt. I would be in the opposite camp. A deal needs to made sending Lucroy to some team.

I'm not suggesting taking pennies on the dollar but Lucroy's value was highest after the 2014 (near MVP) season. Yes, he is playing well now, but his value is not as high, as then just considering the amount of control that remains (1+ years now vs 3 years then). After the season, his value will be less than now.

Lucroy is the best method to bring in starting pitching prospects... The most expensive item to acquire out on the market.. Find the best offer and take it while you still can!

Cleveland can pound sand if they don't give up Tristan McKenzie or Brady Aiken. Those two pitchers are big risks as it is.

Multiple teams are after him. It's auction style bidding. Cleveland can stand pat and see how they do while the rest of the league makes additions.

Not the point of my post here. Stearns should take the best deal he can get for Lucroy. IF it is not from Cleveland, it's not from Cleveland. Auction style bidding or not, I believe holding onto Lucroy to consider off season deals or deals next summer is a mistake for the rebuild and holds the Crew back.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Indians make too much sense for this deal not to happen.

For Lucroy alone the Brewers get Bradley, the Indians choice between Clevinger, Aiken, Sheffield, McKenzie and then either Juan Hillman or Yandy Diaz.

For Lucroy and Smith the Brewers get Bradley, Diaz and then their choice of two between Clevinger, Aiken, Sheffield or McKenzie.

I've kind of fallen in love with Yandy Diaz of late because he reminds me so much of Michael Brantley. He doesn't have the prototypical power to play 3B like Brantley in LF but the guy just gets on base! I'll trade power for superior OBP skills anyday of the week and twice on Sunday!

@WiscoSportsNut

I could have sworn that there was a 4 player PTBNL list with Lucroy, Brantley, Cain, and Green all on the list. I don't remember Gamel being on it. Wish I could find something confirming that either way.

For Lucroy alone the Brewers get Bradley, the Indians choice between Clevinger, Aiken, Sheffield, McKenzie and then either Juan Hillman or Yandy Diaz.

For Lucroy and Smith the Brewers get Bradley, Diaz and then their choice of two between Clevinger, Aiken, Sheffield or McKenzie.

I've kind of fallen in love with Yandy Diaz of late because he reminds me so much of Michael Brantley. He doesn't have the prototypical power to play 3B like Brantley in LF but the guy just gets on base! I'll trade power for superior OBP skills anyday of the week and twice on Sunday!

Maybe you stated it before and I missed it, why no interest in Francisco Mejia?? Last I heard it's becoming clear that Nottingham is destined to move away from C. What is Milwaukee looking to do Catching-wise in 2017/18/19??? It's highly unlikely any of the recent draftees would be ready to catch at the big league level before 2020.

I could have sworn that there was a 4 player PTBNL list with Lucroy, Brantley, Cain, and Green all on the list. I don't remember Gamel being on it. Wish I could find something confirming that either way.

That was Internet legend (list of 4 names). In September of 2008 news broke in Cleveland that it was 2 names and selection was dictated by the Brewers making the post season or not.

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2008/09/indians_insider_tribe_may_be_a.html

This is just one article but everything else I've seen indicates it was a 4 player PTBNL list. Now who else was on it besides Brantley might remain a mystery. I do remember as you said that the Indians got to choose the PTBNL if the Brewers made the postseason, otherwise other way around.

Not saying you're wrong though, but do you have any link confirming the 2 man list? Just curious.

Maybe you stated it before and I missed it, why no interest in Francisco Mejia?? Last I heard it's becoming clear that Nottingham is destined to move away from C. What is Milwaukee looking to do Catching-wise in 2017/18/19??? It's highly unlikely any of the recent draftees would be ready to catch at the big league level before 2020.

Mejia and Bradley are interchangeable to me. If you look at the Brewers system you will see that they're devoid of any power hitting threat to play 1B which is why a guy like Bradley appeals to me more than Mejia (who I believe is the better prospect). I also haven't even remotely given up on Nottingham sticking at catcher! The guy is just 21 and would be playing in rookie ball had he went to college. He has plenty of time to hone his craft as the Brewers are in no rush to move him off the postion.

@WiscoSportsNut

I just went searching the site I hung out at (theclevelandfan.com). Sadly posts pre Sept 2013 are gone.

One of the main guys from there in 2008 now has his own site (Indians Baseball Insider). I'll reach out to him and see if he can dig up the story link. I think he might have even broken the news with his contacts inside the Tribe..

Trust me when I say, as the news broke it was selection based off the Crew making the post season, Shapiro was getting roasted by the fan base.

I just went searching the site I hung out at (theclevelandfan.com). Sadly posts pre Sept 2013 are gone.

One of the main guys from there in 2008 now has his own site (Indians Baseball Insider). I'll reach out to him and see if he can dig up the story link. I think he might have even broken the news with his contacts inside the Tribe..

Trust me when I say, as the news broke it was selection based off the Crew making the post season, Shapiro was getting roasted by the fan base.

I believe that but I don't have any recollection of Gamel being mentioned as one of the PTBNL. I vaguely remember he was mentioned as a possible headliner with the Indians getting their choice between him or LaPorta. Gamel was a top 35 prospect before the 2009 season...

@WiscoSportsNut

To be clear - the Indians got Brantley if Milwaukee made the playoffs- Taylor Green if they did not. That is fact.

Thinker - of course my post was apples to oranges- it's a pitcher and a catcher, a rental vs a guy with a year, and the 2008 trade market vs 2016. I'm not selling the comparison - just providing the example.

One thing I fervently believe - there is no player in Cleveland's farm system who should be, "untouchable" in a Lucroy deal - absolutely no one. I agree with you, Indians management could pass on the opportunity, and while I completely understand their need to be cautious about blowing out their depth, if they leave such an obvious upgrade on the table, at such an obvious time - I think Tribe fans should be furious.

There is a time to take the leap - this is that time.

Went over to the Indians board and one of them proposed a Lucroy/Smith/Jeffress for Frazier/Sheffield/Mejia/Kaminsky which was laughed off. Most of their fans don't think Lucroy is near worth Frazier.

They also think there isn't much interest in Lucroy which there might not be to be honest and that Mejia could be a center piece in a lucroy deal..

Interesting, I myself am wondering if there is enough interest in lucroy

Went over to the Indians board and one of them proposed a Lucroy/Smith/Jeffress for Frazier/Sheffield/Mejia/Kaminsky which was laughed off. Most of their fans don't think Lucroy is near worth Frazier.

They also think there isn't much interest in Lucroy which there might not be to be honest and that Mejia could be a center piece in a lucroy deal..

Lol based on what fans say? Listen, at the end of the day none of us are inside any major league FO, and none of us know what's being thrown out there. I understand being nervous, but going to a fan board and taking it as gospel is frankly ridiculous. We're all just throwing **** at a wall and speculating.

And here's a newsflash fans generally don't know the real market value of the prospects in their system. Let alone a major league player they don't see everyday, or the trade market as a whole for that matter. They're are so many variables that go into a trade, so naturally they are going to want a deal that's in the best interest for them, and vice versa for us.

My goodness.

I'm curious which Tribe board u visited. Just like the Brewer boards, some are better (or worse) then others. For the record I basically ignore the Cleveland.com chat boards at this point.

Lol based on what fans say? Listen, at the end of the day none of us are inside any major league FO, and none of us know what's being thrown out there. I understand being nervous, but going to a fan board and taking it as gospel is frankly ridiculous. We're all just throwing **** at a wall and speculating.

And here's a newsflash fans generally don't know the real market value of the prospects in their system. Let alone a major league player they don't see everyday, or the trade market as a whole for that matter. They're are so many variables that go into a trade, so naturally they are going to want a deal that's in the best interest for them, and vice versa for us.

My goodness.

lack of interest part is my thought alone, I didn't take their word for it, I just said I agreed with it. I'm pondering what teams really would make a run at lucroy, I don't see many options.. Settle down bud, it's just my opinion

I'm curious which Tribe board u visited. Just like the Brewer boards, some are better (or worse) then others. For the record I basically ignore the Cleveland.com chat boards at this point.

http://www.scout.com/mlb/indians/forums/2046-talkin-tribe-and-mlb

Question: If the Indians agree to part with one of their top two prospects in a Lucroy trade, Clint Frazier or Bradley Zimmer, which one would you prefer the Brewers acquire?

I don't think I would have a preference. If they want the better athlete/talent you go Zimmer. Amazing set of tools at a premium position that he defends well. However looking at the Brewers overall needs in the system Frazier and his raw power would look incredibly well down on the farm. We could use a power corner outfielder like him.

Also thanks for the Diaz article..would love to get him from the Indians in a trade.

Frazier for me, younger, less K's, has a little bit more time to grow into power potential. Even if he is subject to corner outfield duty I still prefer him over Zimmer.

But if I'm Cleveland he's untouchable.

To be clear - the Indians got Brantley if Milwaukee made the playoffs- Taylor Green if they did not. That is fact.

Thank u splitterpfj. I remember it boiled down to 2 names. Just can't keep Green/Gamel straight...

Oh Mat Gamel. What an unfortunate case.

Why hasn't Yandy Diaz already been called up? Uribe hasn't given them much.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Why hasn't Yandy Diaz already been called up? Uribe hasn't given them much.

We are talking about the same team that may not trade for a catcher when they currently trot out guys worse than some pitchers when it comes to hitting.

They want to stick with the veteran. Just my guess as many teams do that every year.

Archived