Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 3)

Every time I look at the Rangers' prospect lists, I get less inspired. Kind of hoping the Brewers wind up matching up with the Indians, Astros, Braves, or Dodgers.

Agree. I'm really hoping for the Indians personally. Their top 6 or 8 prospects are pretty fantastic.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Part of the problem with the Rangers is that their top minor leaguers are suffering from the same on-field performance affliction as the Brewers' top prospects. Gallo's still not making enough contact, Brinson has regressed, Tate has a 1.6 WHIP in A-ball, Beras can't get on base, Jenkins can't get on base, Matuella can't get on the mound, Yrizarri can't get on base, etc.

Part of the problem with the Rangers is that their top minor leaguers are suffering from the same on-field performance affliction as the Brewers' top prospects. Gallo's still not making enough contact, Brinson has regressed, Tate has a 1.6 WHIP in A-ball, Beras can't get on base, Jenkins can't get on base, Matuella can't get on the mound, Yrizarri can't get on base, etc.

Brinson is impossible to explain - he entered the season as the #1 OF Prospect, and now, he can't maintain a .300 OBP.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but Dave Cameron says in a Fangraphs chat from yesterday that Swihart and Devers could work as the main pieces to get Lucroy plus a reliever. I don't know why we'd want Swihart. Devers looks great, but is he enough to make up most of the value in that scenario?

Nobody should listen to Cameron for player values. Just going to keep bringing it up but last year he said we should trade Segura to the Padres for Despaigne and Maurer. Just doesn't grasp the needs of teams and values of players at all.

Looking at the numbers on Indians 1B prospect Bobby Bradley, and it makes me prefer him as the main offensive piece coming back to the Brewers in a deal.

He has a .880 OPS and is on pace for 30 hr and 35 doubles in the Carolina League(High-A).

Really like the patience and power. He's a lefty and seems like a future middle of the order hitter with 30+ home run power.

If Cleveland's package would include Bradley, and two of Aiken, McKenzie and Hillman, I'd be a Happy Camper.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but Dave Cameron says in a Fangraphs chat from yesterday that Swihart and Devers could work as the main pieces to get Lucroy plus a reliever. I don't know why we'd want Swihart. Devers looks great, but is he enough to make up most of the value in that scenario?

Nobody should listen to Cameron for player values. Just going to keep bringing it up but last year he said we should trade Segura to the Padres for Despaigne and Maurer. Just doesn't grasp the needs of teams and values of players at all.

You know people always bring up that as being a horrible deal proposal, but please explain how that was worse than what we actually traded him for. We basically bought Isan Diaz and then traded Segura for Anderson. Oh wait don't forget we had to throw in Tyler Wagner to get that done.

Jean Segura was just about worthless. That is what Cameron proposed and really what we got in the end was not much better.

You know people always bring up that as being a horrible deal proposal, but please explain how that was worse than what we actually traded him for. We basically bought Isan Diaz and then traded Segura for Anderson. Oh wait don't forget we had to throw in Tyler Wagner to get that done.

Jean Segura was just about worthless. That is what Cameron proposed and really what we got in the end was not much better.

Diaz as a prospect is infinitely better than a 29 year old junkballer and a reliever with a career ERA near 4. We've basically turned Segura into Anderson, who is at the very worst equal to Despaigner, Diaz, Wilkerson and Rijo. Would you rather have that group of players or Despaigner and Maurer?

Well, back to Lucroy not betting traded.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Looking at the numbers on Indians 1B prospect Bobby Bradley, and it makes me prefer him as the main offensive piece coming back to the Brewers in a deal.

He has a .880 OPS and is on pace for 30 hr and 35 doubles in the Carolina League(High-A).

Really like the patience and power. He's a lefty and seems like a future middle of the order hitter with 30+ home run power.

If Cleveland's package would include Bradley, and two of Aiken, McKenzie and Hillman, I'd be a Happy Camper.

Patience? He is striking out over 30% of the time.

Although I respect the power potential, I would much rather have Zimmer/Aiken/Mejia for Lucroy and then perhaps one of Sheffield/Clevinger (if we threw in Jeffress) than anything involving Bradley.

No Lucroy in the lineup today...hopefully a #hugwatch all night...

He's caught every night since the AS break so probably just more in need of a night off.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Although I respect the power potential, I would much rather have Zimmer/Aiken/Mejia for Lucroy and then perhaps one of Sheffield/Clevinger (if we threw in Jeffress) than anything involving Bradley.

Bradley Zimmer has almost the exact same strikeout as Bobby Bradley this year. The difference is Bradley Zimmer is 3 years older and only one level higher than Bobby Bradley. Also, Bradley has a higher OPS. To each his own, I guess. I simply believe in Bobby Bradley's bat more and prefer him.

The Braves have been the most creative team out there over the last couple of years - they've done things other teams simply have not.

Atlanta trades for international signing slots, they trade for competitive balance picks, they took on a 10 million dollar contract, to get Arizona's first round pick from the prior year, they loaded up on cash for the draft, and dispensed it in a manner that netted three "first round talents" - they're as creative as it gets.

Why they would want Lucroy, I have no idea, but it would actually be fun to watch what they come up with next. I could see them flipping him immediately, trying to extend him, trading him in the winter, trading him next July, or using his talent and taking the pick when he walks.

Don't ask me how they think any of that makes sense, because I don't see it either, but I'm sure they have a plan, and they're never boring.

I'm jealous of how Atlanta has built their farm system so quickly and so cleverly. I wish we were as smart. I know youre a big fan of our FO but let's face it, so far Atlanta is playing chess and our guy is playing checkers. Hopefully the Luc trade will be the splash move to get us jump started.

As to acquiring Luc, that would only make sense if they think their young pitching coming up as 90s Braves capability and they want a veteran catcher to work with who can also provide some pop in a line up that could use it. And if not, so what, they can flip him dowm the road.

I still see the Indians being the best fit.

They keep playing Dave Stewart. I don't see how that's clever. They found the mark at the table and bled him dry.

Ugghhhhh, slow day on MLB Rumors!!! Olney, Hardicourt, Rosenthal!!!!!!! Give us something. Anything!!!!!!! , If Lucroy is reading this, tell us what you know!!! Batboy, concession guy, janitor person, anyone!!!

Slow day? Before yesterday we heard pretty much nothing. There has been a lot on rumors the last couple days. Nothing crazy, but it isn't too close to the deadline yet.

He's caught every night since the AS break so probably just more in need of a night off.

That's only 5 games with a day off after the third game. It probably is nothing but it's not like the schedule has been grueling lately.

Bradley Zimmer has almost the exact same strikeout as Bobby Bradley this year. The difference is Bradley Zimmer is 3 years older and only one level higher than Bobby Bradley. Also, Bradley has a higher OPS. To each his own, I guess. I simply believe in Bobby Bradley's bat more and prefer him.

My preference would be for the guy who has value on defense and some speed, to go along with the power potential, than to have a big HR guy who plays 1B and strikes out a ton. We have that already.

It's such a sellers market right now, and teams looking to buy are trying to figure out if any other clubs are willing to deal too try and get some of the asking prices down. As a Brewer fan, now's the time to root for teams like the Yankees and Tigers to go on a little run and convince themselves they shouldn't sell.

Archived