Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 3)

Many here are advocating for trading our assests in separate deals to get full value.

However, even though this was a Melvin trade, last years trade of Carlos Gomez was likely only going to net us Phillips, Santana, and Houser. We were able to land Josh Hader because we included Mike Fiers.

Mike Fiers in a separate deal alone would not have netted us a player with Hader's ceiling, IMO.

So there is some advantage to a package deal of Lucroy and a reliever to the Indians to increase quality of the return.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many here are advocating for trading our assests in separate deals to get full value.

However, even though this was a Melvin trade, last years trade of Carlos Gomez was likely only going to net us Phillips, Santana, and Houser. We were able to land Josh Hader because we included Mike Fiers.

Mike Fiers in a separate deal alone would not have netted us a player with Hader's ceiling, IMO.

So there is some advantage to a package deal of Lucroy and a reliever to the Indians to increase quality of the return.

I could be mistaken, but wasn't it Phillips who was added because of Fiers?

Gruber Lawffices

Torres is more of a "throw-in" guy than Smith, Jeffress or Thornburg. Honestly, I think Smith is gone, but Jeffress might have a very high asking price that most teams won't want to meet. All it takes is one though!
Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

I really want Bradley, McKenzie, Hillman, and Mejia for Lucroy and Smith. It fits our needs and all players involved have high ceilings. In my opinion it fits what Stearns is also looking for.

I really want Bradley, McKenzie, Hillman, and Mejia for Lucroy and Smith. It fits our needs and all players involved have high ceilings. In my opinion it fits what Stearns is also looking for.

100% agree & am in!

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

. Lucroy I am starting to get the feeling isn't going anywhere.

Nah, he's as good as gone. It's just an auction at this point and the high bid wins. Too much value for a rare position and too perfect of a situation for us not to. Just my opinion.

I would rather they pair Lucroy with let's say Thornburg/Jeffress and hold onto Smith to make another deal with a team for at least one more high ceiling prospect. If possible...
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'd be all for this. I might even like it better (and the Indians may prefer) to swap out Bradley for Aiken. 3 really high ceiling pitchers along with one of the best C prospects.

The Indians really are the perfect fit. It will get done. Deep enough farm system to get the right return. You really couldn't have a better scenario work out for the brewers. All needs are met for both teams.

The Indians really are the perfect fit. It will get done. Deep enough farm system to get the right return. You really couldn't have a better scenario work out for the brewers. All needs are met for both teams.

What you said is true, it's a perfect fit, but Texas will not go quietly in this thing.

Like Cleveland, the Rangers are going to deal for bullpen help, and they want Lucroy too - the key difference is they also need a starting pitcher. I think both the Indians and Rangers are checking on every pitcher they can, first, and I think the Brewers are part of both conversations.

If it's about winning the 2016 World Series, I think Cleveland should get Carlos Beltran and Aroldis Chapman from NY, and Lucroy from Milwaukee. If they're thinking beyond 2016 - Lucroy and Smith first, and then Beltran.

I'd be all for this. I might even like it better (and the Indians may prefer) to swap out Bradley for Aiken. 3 really high ceiling pitchers along with one of the best C prospects.

I would prefer Aiken instead of Bradley as well. Also not sure about Hillman...from what I've read it doesnt fit the bill of the others as a "high-ceiling" player in that group.

What you said is true, it's a perfect fit, but Texas will not go quietly in this thing.

Like Cleveland, the Rangers are going to deal for bullpen help, and they want Lucroy too - the key difference is they also need a starting pitcher. I think both the Indians and Rangers are checking on every pitcher they can, first, and I think the Brewers are part of both conversations.

If it's about winning the 2016 World Series, I think Cleveland should get Carlos Beltran and Aroldis Chapman from NY, and Lucroy from Milwaukee. If they're thinking beyond 2016 - Lucroy and Smith first, and then Beltran.

Which is all a plus for us. The more interest, the better. Not every contender needs bullpen help, but there are very few contenders that could not use the kind of upgrade at catcher that Lucroy offers.

Scott Bartell is reporting that, besides the Indians and Rangers, the Atlanta Braves are still very much hot after Jonathan Lucroy, and may be willing to part with any prospect not named Dansby Swanson in order to land him. Stay tuned.

Looks like the Indians are sitting Mejia out with no real reason, speculation is that he'll be traded, I'd be very tempted to sit Lucroy out until he's traded if I were Stearns......be like winning the Powerball and losing the ticket the next day if Lucroy gets hurt at this point in the next week.

Scott Bartell is reporting that, besides the Indians and Rangers, the Atlanta Braves are still very much hot after Jonathan Lucroy, and may be willing to part with any prospect not named Dansby Swanson in order to land him. Stay tuned.

Ok, Albies + Newcomb and we have a deal :laughing

Seriously though, this looks like it could be turning into a bidding war and I can barely contain my excitement.

Looks like the Indians are sitting Mejia out with no real reason, speculation is that he'll be traded, I'd be very tempted to sit Lucroy out until he's traded if I were Stearns......be like winning the Powerball and losing the ticket the next day if Lucroy gets hurt at this point in the next week.

At the very least, I'd be "resting" Luc frequently until the deadline...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I really can't believe the Braves have such a strong interest in Lucroy, since he's useless to them the rest of this season.

Maybe it's going to be an expensive offseason for them since the new stadium is on the way.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Who's Scott Bartell? Is this a beat writer with the Braves? Never heard his name before.

Archived