Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 3)

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deadline really need to pass. just want it over and see what we get. Outside of DBacks making awful DBack trades, the market for RP is very high. Lucroy I am starting to get the feeling isn't going anywhere. Yankees are killing the Brewers right now with Miller and Chapman, get those two off market and Smith/Jeffress stocks goes through roof.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

I'm sorry, I obviously missed something, but why is Atlanta involved here?

It's great that they are I just don't understand it. Like at all.

They have wanted a long term catcher for the past 2 years or so. The only reason they would be interested in Lucroy is if a contract extension was worked out before a trade obviously. Very unlikely, but you never know.

It may not sound like Lucroy is getting much interest or may not be traded, but that is because teams are still playing musical chairs. The sellers are asking for the moon and the buyers are being cheap or they are acting like they don't really need the player that badly.

Next week teams get down to business and stop beating around the bush.

Good! Then sit Lucroy tomorrow night and get the teams that are involved nervous that he's about to head somewhere.

Ooh, mind games. I like this. They should put him in the lineup and then scratch him an hour before the game. Then the media asks why he's taken out and we say we possibly have something that could be going down and then a bunch of teams start frantically calling, trying to figure out who is the front runner and if it's too late to make an offer.

Good! Then sit Lucroy tomorrow night and get the teams that are involved nervous that he's about to head somewhere.

Ooh, mind games. I like this. They should put him in the lineup and then scratch him an hour before the game. Then the media asks why he's taken out and we say we possibly have something that could be going down and then a bunch of teams start frantically calling, trying to figure out who is the front runner and if it's too late to make an offer.

[sarcasm]Or tell everyone his wife dropped a suitcase on him again.[/sarcasm]

If it's Indians, I see no way Smith, Jeffress, or Thornburg are attached. They want backend arms so bad right now, we have them & they are controllable. Their system lines up so well & they can afford to give up a lot & still be in great shape. They have terrific scouting department.

Frazier over Zimmer. Zimmer is extremely explosive with his bat & as an athlete but not feeling another extremely high K guy.

Mejia next to Cisco from Os is one of my favorite catching prospects in Milb. Kid can rack! He is a must.

Pitchers..... Outside of Clevering & Sheffield, take your pick. Mckenzie & Hillman scream DS guys.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

FYI for this board: it appears that Cleveland is holding Francisco Mejia out of games now, even though he has a hitting streak in the mid 30s across low A Lake County and Hi A Lynchburg. They figure he is going to be part of a deal (for someone) and they do not want him getting hurt in the interim..

The low A tribe affiliate Lake County Captains started its Wisconsin swing tonight, winning in Beloit. After 2 more there, they head to play 3 in Appleton against the TRats starting on Saturday night. If the Tribe hadn't promoted Mejia, Krieger & a few others already, I had plans of heading to Appleton this weekend to see that series as of a month ago...

I want Lucroy traded, and I can't wait to see who we get for him, but man I'm going to miss him when he's gone.

Yup it was pretty awesome having a homegrown elite catcher. So many teams. trot out pure garbage it was pretty cool having one that was so good. On the baseball field he was something else.

Things are shaping up nicely for us. The Indians and Rangers have both had offensive set backs due to injury and could use Lucroy's bat. Both have gaping holes at catcher. They also are both in first, looking at setting up for a deep playoff run and are in the same league. Both have deep farm systems that I would like to pick from. Both need relief pitching which we also have some nice pieces. Couple that with the Yankees on a winning streak which hopefully stalls them from selling their relievers and we are sitting pretty. I keep checking the sites expecting to see the trade made any moment. The anticipation is intoxicating. Hopefully we're not underwhelmed by the trade, but with the current environment I think we'll do great.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

Personally, I'd love to see either or both of 1B Bobby Bradley or LHP Brady Aiken included in a potential Brewers/Indians swap. Despite their current prospect rankings, I like their potential upside better than most of the other top 10 Indians prospects.

I'm also really like the talent ceilings of RHP Triston McKenzie and LHP Juan Hillman.

If we could land 3 of those 4 in a package, I'd do a cartwheel.

A pathetic cartwheel...but a cartwheel nonetheless.

It's been said here before but McKenzie is the prototypical Stearns guy. I bet he is salivating over him (as am I). Couple that with our need for top of the rotation pitching and I think Stearns pulls the trigger if they offer Aiken+McKenzie+Mejia. If we can get that return, throw in Smith/Jeffress I dont really care, just make it happen. Out of the blue we could have our future 1 and 2 along with their catcher.

throw in Smith/Jeffress I dont really care, just make it happen.

Neither of those two are throw-ins, under any circumstances.

Yes I agree, what I meant is, if thats what it takes for the Indians to pull the trigger, I have no problem adding either of them

Archived