Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 3)

There are still 10 days to go; maybe something happens this weekend but I am not going to expect something here soon. Unless a team says take the offer now or its gone (Like Sabathia) I would be inclined to wait and maybe hope for an injury on a contending team to drive up the price.

The Brewers are quite obviously the team best positioned to unload assets and get a tremendously brighter future. Whether or not Stearns pulls it off we will see. We have at least 3 high quality relievers that are in high demand and we have the best all around hitter that is available in Lucroy, and perhaps the biggest wildcard in the whole thing in Braun.

I don't think it is hyperbole to say that the next 10 days are incredibly important for the success of the franchise in the long term.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I were to be a betting man, I would guess it to be one of the following:

LUCROY ALONE

Lucroy for Bobby Bradley and Brady Aiken

Lucroy for Bradley Zimmer and Triston McKenzie

LUCROY PACKAGE

Lucroy and Smith/Jeffress for Zimmer, Bradley and Aiken

Lucroy and Smith/Jeffress for Bradley, Aiken and McKenzie/Sheffield

I would be happy with any of the above. Would definitely prefer McKenzie over Bradley in the first package deal and first "alone" deal.

If I could take an ideal situation package (that has even the tiniest basis in reality) it would be

Lucroy + Smith/Jeffress for Zimmer + Aiken + McKenzie

2 frontline potential starters and a high profile toolsy position player. Keeping in mind this package has 1 top 25 player and another top 100 player (91) the package could seem reasonable. All I know is I trust Stearns to hold out for the best possible offer. Fun times!

Oh the Indians are looking at Lucroy? I am baffled...not. I think it is a good trade for the Indians if they can make it happen. Even more so if they get a reliever along with him. Lucroy/Smith makes a ton of sense and they have the prospects to do it without killing their farm system.

If I could take an ideal situation package (that has even the tiniest basis in reality) it would be

2 frontline potential starters and a high profile toolsy position player. Keeping in mind this package has 1 top 25 player and another top 100 player (91) the package could seem reasonable. All I know is I trust Stearns to hold out for the best possible offer. Fun times!

I really don't think the Indians give up any of their top four unless it turns to a bidding war. I would think something like Lucroy and Smith for Sheffield, McKenzie, Mejia, Hillman, Diaz would be more likely to get done. Indians may have to offer up even more even they want both and aren't willing to give up Frazier/Zimmer/Bradley/Aiken.

Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

I really don't think the Indians give up any of their top four unless it turns to a bidding war. I would think something like Lucroy and Smith for Sheffield, McKenzie, Mejia, Hillman, Diaz would be more likely to get done. Indians may have to offer up even more even they want both and aren't willing to give up Frazier/Zimmer/Bradley/Aiken.

I dont necessarily disagree with you but if thats the case and they really arent willing to move a top 4 player for one of the best catchers in the game and a very good bullpen arm, then you walk. Judging by what we've been hearing with Stearns I think that would likely be the case

None of these talking heads has a clue. They are wrong all the time. Look, the Brewers are probably seriously talking to a dozen or more teams about various players. Some reporter gets a whiff on ONE of these conversations, and suddenly it's their big scoop.

It sure seams that Stearns has been pretty secretive about his dealing so far. Absolutely no one had any wiff of the Segura that I am aware of.

Agree. It seems that every single deal has come without any warning, including the most recent in-season deal to send Hill to Boston.

Gruber Lawffices

LUCROY ALONE

LUCROY PACKAGE

Your packages make me very excited!!!!

Well then they don't get Lucroy. Pretty simple stuff.

I don't like Bradley's (lack of) contact rate. I'd take Meija and McKenzie as my starting points. Maybe throw in Chang and Hillman and call it a day. That avoids their top 4.

Find a way to get SF a reliever for 1b Chris Shaw.

Keep your powder dry for more trades in the offseason and next year.

CnwFQXLWEAAiaSG.jpg:large

HAHAHA :laughing :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

AS Catcher+ LH RP that is exceptional for a team's #7 and #10 ranked prospects? Wow what are the Red Sox thinking having given up One of the Best SP prospects for a guy who made the AS team this season after a 1/2 season of good starts and 0 history of being a SP for a full season?

That offer would quickly be countered by about 28 teams in MLB with a better Prospect alone offered than those 2 value combined. White Sox would just say here's Carson Fullmer. Done vastly better than this ******** idea.

I saw that, that is just real embarrassing journalism. Stearns would likely not do that for just Smith alone. Maybe Thornburg.

LUCROY ALONE

LUCROY PACKAGE

That's what she said... ;)

Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

JP Breen still thinks the Rangers are the front runners but I would much rather have a Cleveland depth package than a Texas one if both teams aren't sending any of their best prospects (Brinson, Gallo, Zimmer, Frazier, Bradley, Aiken).

LUCROY ALONE

LUCROY PACKAGE

That's what she said... ;)

Why do you think his name is "Warning Track Power"?

Don't see the brewers trading both relievers

Why not? Everything is available and should be. Trading one of Jeffress or Smith doesn't make the other one less expendable.

Maybe it doesn't but it's also not set in stone that both are gone. I could see them holding onto Jeffress.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

JP Breen still thinks the Rangers are the front runners but I would much rather have a Cleveland depth package than a Texas one if both teams aren't sending any of their best prospects (Brinson, Gallo, Zimmer, Frazier, Bradley, Aiken).

Thats what I'm hearing. I have a friend here in AZ who is a Brewers amateur scout. Without getting into too much detail, he has told me that the Brewers have pulled a bunch of their amateur scouts away to do professional scouting on the lower levels of the Rangers system. Apparently this is the first time the Brewers have done this since he has been with them (3 years).

Leads me to believe the Brewers may be looking at getting a bunch of young guys in lieu of a couple guys who are close to the MLB.

Take it for what its worth.

Archived