Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 3)

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just saw the Gomes injury. If he didn't tear his ACL in addition to whatever he did to his shoulder, I'd be shocked.

Clevlinger, Aiken and Mejia and sign me up.

At least your only talking 3 guys.

Might come down to which lefty Cleveland likes more Sheffield of Aiken..

Tribe is cutting the rehab program of Robeto Perez short and he was scratched from the Columbus Clipper game today. He will be joining the Tribe as they head into KC for Monday.

Indians really need to pony up the prospects for Lucroy now.

They are in first place and need to make a run at it while they have the opportunity.

Even if Lucroy ends up only being a playoff run rental, they could still turn around and trade him this offseason or at next years deadline to re-coup whatever hit their farm might take.

They have a whole mess of young and talented arms. I'm targeting Mckenzie and Aiken.

+1.

I don't know that Stearns has any limiting MO, but I suspect he'd love to get high level athletic talent at lower levels. Triston McKenzie comes to mind.

Clevenger is not the answer.

If Cleveland is saying no to their top 4 prospects, that may very well play into Stearns' hands and a deal can be reached. Cleveland could use Will Smith too. Who couldn't? Get some of the athletes at lower levels like Meija, McKenzie, Chang and a creative deal can get there, without the top 4 in their system.

I mean, no one is getting Lucroy and Smith for a little. That's going to require a big return. This isn't charity. The Brewers can work with Cleveland and pass on their top 4. That's quite a concession. Now, if Cleveland wants a deal, something has to give.

Give me Frazier & a top prospect pitcher from the Indians for Lucroy and I'm turning cartwheels

If there was 1 single untouchable in the Tribe system, it's Frazier. And it's because he is RH power, something the parent club has in limited supply. The better hitters are

LHP or switch hitters.

Only thing I don't like about the Braves is that their appealing top prospects are very young, not sure if I were a first year GM putting most of my eggs on my biggest trading chip in Rookie ball through AA ball

Of their top Prospects:

1. Swanson, 22 in AA, likely untouchable

2. Newcomb, 23 in AA, 50 BB in 88 IP, not a Stearns guy

3. Albies, SS, 19 in AA, definitely a Stearns guy, but might be untouchable

4. Allard, 18 in Rookie ball, very good control, definitely a Stearns guy, but in Rookie Ball

5. Touki, 20 in A, 46 BB in 83 IP, drafted by Montgomery, but not a Stearns guy

6. Riley, 19 in A, looks like a solid 3B, but in A ball

7. Jenkins, 23 in AAA, nothing screams impact pitcher

8. Banuelos, 25 in AA, 24 BB in 32 IP, not a Stearns guy

9. Fried, 22 in AA, looks solid but not spectacular

10. Sims, 22 in AA, 60 BB in 86 IP, doesn't look like a Stearns guy

Just my thinking from Braves top 10, they are unlikely to deal Swanson so the only person in AA and above from their top 10 would be Albies, everyone else is in lower levels or has terrible control(which is what I mean by not a Stearns guy). I find it hard to see a match with the Braves with Lucroy.

Kolby Allard was my favorite Pitcher predraft last season. Very high on his potential.

Whats Atlanta doing to but themselves in a Playoff team potential? Well just like their international draft spending spree, Id imagine they spend big this offseason. Still have a great #3 hitter in Freddie Freeman to bat Lucroy behind. Swanson I'd expect on the team. While not impressive stats, Newcombe, Fried, Jenkins Probably all pitch for Atlanta SPs. Im going to guess Teheran trade requires a 2017 SP for them or they have Teheran leading their staff next season. What Atlanta gets in trade for him, likely dictates the level of Catcher they trade for. In the end, I feel like theyd trade for Derek Norris. Probably giving up a Jenkins or Newcombe SP....Fried would be odd because I think he was a Padre prospect previously.

Reading the post and Gomes news. I think its time to deal for Lucroy. Ive like Cleveland many times now. Expect them to pay up and vastly improve their weakest offensive area. Now to say a Catcher learning new pitching excuse is removed as any Catcher for Cleveland is learning that staff. May as well make it the best hitting one.

Verified Member
Ironically, whoever the Indians call up from AAA to replace Gomes will probably be an upgrade over his shocking .162/.196/.308 batting line. Could still see Cleveland as major contenders for Lucroy now though.

I'd be completely fine not getting either Frazier or Zimmer from the Indians.

Would love to land two of these 3 to headline a Lucroy to Cleveland deal:

LHP Brady Aiken

1B Bobby Bradley

RHP Triston McKenzie

Also intrigued by these arms

LHP Justus Sheffield

LHP Juan Hillman

LHP Rob Kaminsky

RHP Adam Plutko

I just hope San Diego doesn't beat us to the punch and offer C Derek Norris for far less.

If Blake Swihart is still viewed as a catcher, and if Atlanta has a body to play catcher for the rest of this year, how about Lucroy to Boston for Swihart plus two, and then Swihart to Atlanta for two more.

That turns Lucroy into four prospects, and you can bet, at least two would be pitchers.

Ironically, whoever the Indians call up from AAA to replace Gomes will probably be an upgrade over his shocking .162/.196/.308 batting line. Could still see Cleveland as major contenders for Lucroy now though.

They are calling up Roberto Perez from his rehab assignment (broken thumb that needed surgery).

Ironically, while his D is on par with Gomes, his offense THIS season has been worse than Gomes.

LHP Brady Aiken

1B Bobby Bradley

RHP Triston McKenzie

I am with you on this. McKenzie is exactly the type of player Stearns is looking for in a return. Juan Hillman too.

I'm fine with targeting McKenzie and Bradley but I'd want Clevinger too to stick in the rotation along with Nelson, Guerra and Davies and Hader and take a longshot chance that they'll emerge into a top line rotation sooner rather than later. If not, deal them off when opportunity arises.

LHP Brady Aiken

1B Bobby Bradley

RHP Triston McKenzie

I am with you on this. McKenzie is exactly the type of player Stearns is looking for in a return. Juan Hillman too.

I think we would probably have to replace Juan Hillman with Aiken/Bradley and then maybe add a lower prospect for Lucroy. I don't thin they give up both Aiken and Bradley. I would personally prefer a Mejia, McKenzie, Sheffield, Hillman and maybe a lottery ticket if we can squeeze it out in return. I also agree with splitter that I think DS will deal one player at a time unless the return is amazing. I don't think we will see a Lucroy/Smith or Lucroy/Jeffress deal.

Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

I'm fine with targeting McKenzie and Bradley but I'd want Clevinger too to stick in the rotation along with Nelson, Guerra and Davies and Hader and take a longshot chance that they'll emerge into a top line rotation sooner rather than later. If not, deal them off when opportunity arises.

Hader has the ceiling of a #1 -2 starter, which is exciting.

McKenzie does as well, IMHO.

Clevinger, Nelson, Guerra and Davies all have ceilings in the #3-5 range. Not only would I say we don't need to target acquiring Clevinger for this reason, but we need to consider trading the other 3 near their peak value before we contend again.

Count me as a non-Sheffield fan. I dont like averageish numbers across the tools board for someone that 5'10". Mackenzie is 6'5" and still filling out. That's exciting. Juan Hillman is 6'2" with the averagish tools Sheffield has. Id take him over Sheffield.

Bradley, Mackenzie, &Hillman for Lucroy only. Mackenzie seems like a Francis Martes of Astros prospects. About to explode in rankings and becoming untouchable.

While the Indians need RP too, they also need OF and can wonder if Kirk N. Would be a throw in to take Mejia or Chang or 1 of the lottos I mentioned before.

Less than 2weeks to find out! Any day now

They are calling up Roberto Perez from his rehab assignment (broken thumb that needed surgery).

Ironically, while his D is on par with Gomes, his offense THIS season has been worse than Gomes.

He has had a grand 8 at-bats this season. Why even mention it? Guess we should mention his elite .400 OBP% this year.

Lucroy to Detroit for: Beau Burrows, JaCoby Jones, Christin Stewart

2 young players that are 3 years away and Jones could help at 3rd by next season

I'd give up all hope in Stearns if he made that deal...actually a deal even remotely close to that.

Archived