Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 3)

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braves emerging as dark horse to acquire Lucroy...

C Jonathan Lucroy

For

LHP Kolby Allard

3B Austin Riley

RHP Michael Soroka

RHP Lucas Sims

They have a ton of pitching prospects to choose from.

Braves would be a solid match, but it gets muddy considering an extension would almost surely be required. For all the complaining Lucroy does about wanting to be on a contender I wonder if he would jump to an extension or not? You think he would(like any sane person would) for the money, but maybe not.

I sure wouldn't trade for Lucroy if I was the Braves, but I won't complain if they do.

Braves would be a solid match, but it gets muddy considering an extension would almost surely be required. For all the complaining Lucroy does about wanting to be on a contender I wonder if he would jump to an extension or not? You think he would(like any sane person would) for the money, but maybe not.

I sure wouldn't trade for Lucroy if I was the Braves, but I won't complain if they do.

True he has said all along that he wants to play for a contender but look at their minor league system. Now that is a team that knew how to rebuild.

They could be really interesting really quickly.

Anyone know if he was a childhood Mets fan? He grew up in Eustis, Florida. About 400 miles away and would be grown up in the era of some great Braves teams. Maybe that makes a difference?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Only thing I don't like about the Braves is that their appealing top prospects are very young, not sure if I were a first year GM putting most of my eggs on my biggest trading chip in Rookie ball through AA ball

Of their top Prospects:

1. Swanson, 22 in AA, likely untouchable

2. Newcomb, 23 in AA, 50 BB in 88 IP, not a Stearns guy

3. Albies, SS, 19 in AA, definitely a Stearns guy, but might be untouchable

4. Allard, 18 in Rookie ball, very good control, definitely a Stearns guy, but in Rookie Ball

5. Touki, 20 in A, 46 BB in 83 IP, drafted by Montgomery, but not a Stearns guy

6. Riley, 19 in A, looks like a solid 3B, but in A ball

7. Jenkins, 23 in AAA, nothing screams impact pitcher

8. Banuelos, 25 in AA, 24 BB in 32 IP, not a Stearns guy

9. Fried, 22 in AA, looks solid but not spectacular

10. Sims, 22 in AA, 60 BB in 86 IP, doesn't look like a Stearns guy

Just my thinking from Braves top 10, they are unlikely to deal Swanson so the only person in AA and above from their top 10 would be Albies, everyone else is in lower levels or has terrible control(which is what I mean by not a Stearns guy). I find it hard to see a match with the Braves with Lucroy.

True he has said all along that he wants to play for a contender but look at their minor league system. Now that is a team that knew how to rebuild.

They could be really interesting really quickly.

I mean it is a nice system, but not nice enough where I see that disaster team turning around fast.

Just my thinking from Braves top 10, they are unlikely to deal Swanson so the only person in AA and above from their top 10 would be Albies, everyone else is in lower levels or has terrible control(which is what I mean by not a Stearns guy). I find it hard to see a match with the Braves with Lucroy.

Why should Stearns be looking for guys in AA and above? That just doesn't make any sense at all.

The Braves definitely have the pieces that match up for Lucroy. Allard or Albies would be awesome gets for the Brewers. Albies is still young at 19 and in AA and has played in AAA this year. A trade that brings in a haul of Albies, Sims/Soroka and Ruiz would be an awesome trade for the Brewers. With Albies you have a top 50 currently ranked prospect and you have a 3B who is in AAA right now holding his own in Ruiz. I would prefer Soroka over Sims as Soroka is more like a Gallardo type where as Sims who has the higher ceiling but has a much lower floor.

That may even be an overpay for Lucroy right there. Obviously Swanson is not available and I actually like Albies over Swanson the Braves can keep Swanson just give me Albies. If anything the Brewers could sweeten the deal by adding Gennett to the deal which gives the Braves their starting 2B.

What would the Brewers have to chip in with Lucroy for the Indians to send back (similar package to Carlos and Fiers from last year - 2 hitters 2 pitchers):

Justus Sheffield

Triston Mckensie

Bobby Bradley

Francisco Mejia

Lucroy

Will Smith

Add Yandy Diaz and you got a deal.

Community Moderator

With Cleveland looking like a real possibility as a Lucroy landing spot, here are a couple of recent resources discussing Indians prospects.

Fangraphs Scouting Indians Prospects 2,700 miles apart

Everybody Hates Cleveland Podcast #59: Indians Top 20 Prospects

Lots of impressive individual performances in the Indians farm system this season. After taking a closer look at the system I think the Indians are indeed a team that could put together an inticing package without sacrificing one of their top 3 prospects. Guys outside their top prospects that intrigue me the most include C Francisco Mejia, 3B Yandy Diaz, SS Yu Cheng Chang, and the LHP's Justus Sheffield and Juan Hillman. I know he is likely destined to be a major league starter in the near future, but it seems like the Brewers already have enough arms in the RHP Mike Clevenger mold. I am not sold that 1B Bobby Bradley is more than a power bench bat at the major league level based on the feedback given, but hard to say for sure about a 20-year old putting up his numbers. CF Greg Allen mentioned earlier in this thread sounds like a future fourth outfielder.

One interesting question here, if the Red Sox offered Rafael Devers but little else, and the Indians offered a trio of guys that weren't top 50 prospects, let's say Diaz, Mejia, and Sheffield (who is a top 100 prospect for some), which of those two returns would you prefer?

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I would really LOL if Lucroy gets traded to Atlanta. For almost a year he's been talking about wanting to play for a contended which he feels Milwaukee isn't. And then to get traded to a team that the Brewers have been miles ahead of in the standings all season would be hilarious. I understand the Braves have a pretty loaded system but they still have to compete with the Nats and Mets.

To me it's pretty obvious the Indians will trade for a catcher the only question is if they want to go big for Lucroy or get someone cheaper. There is no way a contending team keeps trotting out a guy with an OPS+ of 28. His OBP% isn't even above .200

He is so bad there are PITCHERS that would hit over him.

To me it's pretty obvious the Indians will trade for a catcher the only question is if they want to go big for Lucroy or get someone cheaper. There is no way a contending team keeps trotting out a guy with an OPS+ of 28. His OBP% isn't even above .200

He is so bad there are PITCHERS that would hit over him.

If we sat at the same bar I would make a beer bet with you that they (Tribe) does not make a deal to acquire another catcher this season.

Their original backup catcher this season (Roberto Perez) is on rehab assignment right now after breaking his thumb early this season. For what is worth, Michael Brantley is also out on rehab. Both will be back before the trade deadline.

Left handed relief is their primary need...

Haudricourt has made several references that he's not sure he'll get traded either. I will still be stunned (and fairly angry) if he's still a Brewer on 8/1.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Maybe I spoke/ typed too soon. tribe catcher just left the game against the Twins due to injury running down 1st base line.

After stretching to reach bag and avoid tag from bad throw he tumbled into foul territory. Medical people but his right (throwing arm) into a sling before taking in him away in a cart.

Right after the tumble he had been grabbing at one of his knees.

I'm going to guess he is going to the DL for at least 15 days.

Sadly he finally his a double in the AB before getting hurt..

If "the drink bet" had been accepted, I would likely be buying a couple...

Haudricourt has made several references that he's not sure he'll get traded either. I will still be stunned (and fairly angry) if he's still a Brewer on 8/1.

I agree. Each day Lucroy's value considering his contract deminishes a little bit. He gets injured anytime for the rest of the season and he's still in a Brewers uniform it would be a massive fail.

Archived