Brewer Fanatic

Landing spots for Aaron Hill

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
How about the Mets? I heard talk on the radio yesterday that they're desperate for a decent 3B with David Wright injured.

They started Jose Reyes there yesterday. So I imagine they'll play that out a while and see if he has anything left before doing anything else.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So....is it realistic that we could expect a similar return for Hill as to what we received last year for Parra?

Did the Orioles intend/try to resign Parra? I guess the Orioles may have paid more for Parra, with the thought in mind to help sign him in free agency. In that case Parra is younger, so I would say Parra brought back more than what Hill would bring.

If the Orioles had no intention of signing Parra long term and he was just a rental, then he would probably be about as comparable to Hill in value as you can get.

Aaron Hill and Carlos Torres to the Indians for Mike Clevinger.

Getting Mike Clevinger from the Indians for Aaron Hill is my ideal trade. I highly doubt the Indians would bite on that like the Orioles did with Parra so I'd offer up a reliever as well. Jeffress or Smith would be an overpay but Carlos Torres is pitching good enough to probably pry Clevinger away.

Extremely unlikely that the Tribe deals Clevinger, let alone for Aaron Hill.

If you said Will Smith and another prospect for Clevinger and another piece , I could see the start of an interesting conversation...

How about Adam Plutko for Hill/Torres? Plutko's been terrific in 2015 and 2016.

That's not a bad suggestion since Plutko is basically a Davies clone. I'd try to get another low level nugget if we were giving up a reliever. The Astros were able to snag David Paulino as a PTBNL in a trade for Jose Veras.

@WiscoSportsNut

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So....is it realistic that we could expect a similar return for Hill as to what we received last year for Parra?

Did the Orioles intend/try to resign Parra? I guess the Orioles may have paid more for Parra, with the thought in mind to help sign him in free agency. In that case Parra is younger, so I would say Parra brought back more than what Hill would bring.

If the Orioles had no intention of signing Parra long term and he was just a rental, then he would probably be about as comparable to Hill in value as you can get.

Parra was hitting .328 with an .886 OPS when we traded him, so I'd say he was probably more valuable than Hill is at this time.

Parra was hitting .328 with an .886 OPS when we traded him, so I'd say he was probably more valuable than Hill is at this time.

Obviously, not as good as a full season - but those stats are almost exactly what Hill is batting if you take April off from his stats.

Aaron Hill and Carlos Torres to the Indians for Mike Clevinger.

Getting Mike Clevinger from the Indians for Aaron Hill is my ideal trade. I highly doubt the Indians would bite on that like the Orioles did with Parra so I'd offer up a reliever as well. Jeffress or Smith would be an overpay but Carlos Torres is pitching good enough to probably pry Clevinger away.

Extremely unlikely that the Tribe deals Clevinger, let alone for Aaron Hill.

If you said Will Smith and another prospect for Clevinger and another piece , I could see the start of an interesting conversation...

How about Adam Plutko for Hill/Torres? Plutko's been terrific in 2015 and 2016.

For Will Smith, there might be interest, not for Aaron Hill.

Let me underscore the LACK of interest in trading for a replacement at 3rd Base in Cleveland: You can have Mitch Brown or Dace Kime to phone another club to trade Aaron Hill too.

The recent winning streak matched the return of Juan Uribe from some recovery time after taking a hot shot grounder off the family jewels...

IF Cleveland determined it wanted to move on from Uribe, they have 3 internal options to go

sort thru: Jose Ramirez (playing incredible this year and moving all over the place to play), Giovanny Urshela (great glove, limited stick) and Yandy Diaz (Cuban free agent from a few years back).

The need of JRam moving around is lessened as Abe Almonte and Michael Brantley return to the roster. In fact, once Brantley is ready to be activated again, it might cause any interesting roster decision in Cleveland - who goes to open the roster space???

Depends on supply and demand. If the supply/demand for players who can play multiple OF positions last year is the same as the supply/demand for players who can play both 3B/2B this year, then you are correct. If the supply of 3B/2B players this year is lower, or the demand higher (or both), then you may not be correct.

If multiple teams need 2B/3B and Hill is the only one on the market, then teams might very well overpay especially if the other team(s) inquiring about Hill are in the same division or league.

Travis Shaw of Boston had to get pulled out tonight after fouling a ball off his foot, they don't know how bad it is. They also really have no backups to speak of. I call them tomorrow and offer Hill, Lucroy and Guerra and see if they overpay. :)

Travis Shaw of Boston had to get pulled out tonight after fouling a ball off his foot, they don't know how bad it is. They also really have no backups to speak of. I call them tomorrow and offer Hill, Lucroy and Guerra and see if they overpay. :)

Not a good negotiating tactic. You don't put 3 names out there. You'll be lowballed every time. You let them call you first with an offer for the guy they really need. If it's close to what you want in return, you counter-offer. Otherwise, you simply hang up.

Archived