Brewer Fanatic

2016-06-18 Brewers (Anderson) at Dodgers (Bolsinger), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-6]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 18 | 9:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (31-37) | Dodgers (36-33)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620 | Free on MLB.TV[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/dodgers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_anderson-chase-14.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/dodgers_bolsinger-mike-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Chase Anderson[/pitcher][h2]4-6, 4.42 ERA, 1.19 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Dodgers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Anderson had a rough outing his last time out, but he took a no-decision that kept his two-game winning streak intact. The 28-year-old has made it past the sixth inning just twice in 13 starts.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Mike Bolsinger[/pitcher][h2]1-4, 5.76 ERA, 1.24 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Bolsinger has been giving up the long ball this year while being used as a placeholder until Hyun-jin Ryu, Brandon McCarthy, Alex Wood, etc. return to the rotation.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. 3B Aaron Hill ®
  7. CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis (L)
  8. RF Ramón Flores (L)
  9. RHP Chase Anderson ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Joc Pederson (L)
  2. SS Corey Seager (L)
  3. 3B Justin Turner ®
  4. 1B Adrian González (L)
  5. RF Trayce Thompson ®
  6. 2B Howie Kendrick ®
  7. C Yasmani Grandal (S)
  8. LF Enrique Hernández ®
  9. RHP Mike Bolsinger ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I will never for the life of me understand why you can't bring in a key reliever this early in the game. This was a very high leverage situation in the game with the score still 5-5 and multiple runners on, no matter how early.

The key now is will the Brewers offense go silently into the night or will they answer back? I'll find out in the morning. Not staying up for this crap.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This is turning into one hell of a road trip.

We are who we thought we were. It's been a fun season for the most part, but our record is not 'too bad' because we've played well against inferior teams. A 10-23 record vs. winning teams shows how far away we are from the contenders. Which is fine. We were never supposed to be on that level this year anyway.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This is turning into one hell of a road trip.

I didn't expect this run up to the all-star break to go real well. These are good teams we are playing. We did okay for a while when we faced a bunch of scrub teams, we are facing a different caliber of team.

Does luc call the pitches why would he be calling for a breaking ball. But the pitching has not looked good and we can't find a hit when needed. Poor defense. It been a terrible west coast trip and not going to get better IMO

Really starting to dislike Counsell...he seems to be three steps slow in what would appear to me to be obvious situations. Pulling starters that are dealing at 80-90 pitches, leaving starters in way too long that are not pitching well, loading the bases up by walking 2 guys to get to the third that is HOT, etc. There's been quite a few games now where his decision making *could* have been much better and *may* have prevented a few of these losses from happening.

I know we're rebuilding and it doesn't matter, but it will matter in a couple of years if it isn't learned from.

Archived