Brewer Fanatic

2016-06-17 Brewers (Davies) at Dodgers (Urías), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-2; 10 innings]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 17 | 9:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (31-36) | Dodgers (35-33)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/dodgers1.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_davies-zach-15.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/dodgers_urias-julio-02.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Zach Davies[/pitcher][h2]5-3, 3.88 ERA, 1.18 WHIP[/h2][h3]Game Log[/h3][h3]Davies has won four consecutive starts and five decisions overall since opening the season with three straight losses. The righty has a 1.35 ERA in his last four appearances while allowing four earned runs over 26 innings.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Julio Urías[/pitcher][h2]0-2, 5.82 ERA, 1.59 WHIP[/h2][h3]Game Log[/h3][h3]Urías has shown steady improvement with each start, but the 19 year old remains winless as his teammates can’t get the offense going when he pitches.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. 3B Aaron Hill ®
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. RF Hernán Pérez ®
  7. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  8. CF Keon Broxton ®
  9. RHP Zach Davies ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Chase Utley (L)
  2. SS Corey Seager (L)
  3. 3B Justin Turner ®
  4. 1B Adrian González (L)
  5. LF Trayce Thompson ®
  6. CF Joc Pederson (L)
  7. C Yasmani Grandal (S)
  8. RF Will Venable (L)
  9. LHP Julio Urías (L)

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

It'd be nice to make this kid throw a lot of pitches early. Get him out after a few innings and rack up those bullpen innings again for the Dodgers. Do that, win today and this series could be had tomorrow.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

English speakers are likely to be tempted to pronounce Julio's last name as you-REE-ahs. That makes his name sound like high-nitrogen fertilizer. It's probably a whole lot better to stick to the Spanish oo-REE-ahs.

I don't understand why you don't tell Scooter to bunt there. Lefty on lefty. At least give us a shot with a guy on third.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don't understand why you don't tell Scooter to bunt there. Lefty on lefty. At least give us a shot with a guy on third.

I don't know if he just can't bunt or if the opportunity never really presented itself last year but Gennett had 0 sac bunts last year. 8 in 2014 though, so you'd think he can bunt.

My guess is they just felt a lot better about Scooter swinging away against a lefty than they did with Broxton /Davies, which I can understand. Scooter has had some success against LHP this year.

I've got to say that what I've seen from Urias so far is less than impressive.

8ks to 1bb in 5IP? Guy is 19 mind you. Youngest at the moment in all of MLB

The stats look good but I expected a mid to upper 90's fastball and he had little control.

Effectively wild?

Can't watch, but on the radio they made it sound like Carter would have been safe at home if he would have gone in with a half decent slide.

Maybe, he kind of pulled his leg up and tried to tag home with his hand for some reason. It would have been close. He should have been out by a good amount but the throw from Seager was pretty bad.

Davies pitching like a stud. Greg Maddux-esque.

A recent opponent broadcaster kept saying something like, "We're not comparing him to Maddux" over and over. In other words, he was comparing Davies to Maddux.

Carter has a lot of weight hitting the ground, didn't get glide on that slide.

Davies pitching like a stud. Greg Maddux-esque.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Everything(except the first AB to Turner) on the black and with movement. And some really defensive swings too.

Archived