Brewer Fanatic

College Baseball 2006

I'm anxious to see how Andrew Miller does tomorrow vs Florida State. After absolutely shutting down Georgia Tech, I expect big things from him against the Seminoles.

That's a good call Gagne. I always love to see what the top pitchers in the nation do against the best teams. Florida State is another big test for Miller, and Bard for that matter. As of right now Saturday's game is scheduled to be televised. Here is the weekend slate of games, a pretty impressive list of matchups:

Friday

Rice @ Tulane

6:30 pm, CSTV

Saturday

Florida State @ North Carolina

Noon, FCSA

Wichita State at Creighton

3:00 pm, CSTV

Mississippi State @ Alabama

3:00 pm, FCSA

Sunday

Vanderbilt @ Florida

Noon, FCSA

Arizone State vs. Arizona

6:00 pm, FCSP

And to follow a couple of recent fave radio broadcasts, Long Beach State opens their Big West season this Friday vs. UC Irvine (8:30 start CST) while Houston travels east to face East Carolina (6:00 pm, see above for linnks to LBSU & Houston audio pages, I have a feeling I'm the only one tuning in anyway).

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Tim Lincecum outdoes them all...

9 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 18/1 K/BB

When he is actually controlling the K zone, there is no more dominant pitcher in the country.

In some sad news tonight, Wes Roemer walked his first batter of the year.

No offense fellas, but we don't need a separate post for every update. Feel free to edit your existing posts to include your fave performances.

I will say thank you for the updates, but you forgot Brad Lincoln http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif (8 IP, 6 H, 1 R (0 ER), 12 K, 2 BB).

The Tulane vs. Rice matchup from last night offered some interesting prospect watching.

Sean Morgan started for Tulane, and is a name familiar to Brewers fans that keep tabs on the draft (he was a 25th round pick of the Brewers in '04). Morgan has a good frame, build solid from top to bottom, particularly a strong lower half. He's built like Andy Benes. Nice power repertoire, low-90s sinking fastball, and a hard curve that probably is more of a slurve. He commands his fastball very well, his breaking ball looked sharp when he got going. Retired 18 of 19 at one point, but ran out of gas in the 8th. He's be a top prospect for '07.

Eddie Degerman has been brought up before by Madtown Bomber. His deliver is very similar to Tim Lincecum in that he comes straight over the top and there is some odd movement as part of his windup. He works well down in the zone, and he shows two breaking pitches, both of which are strikeout pitches. He didn't have the best of control in this game, but he managed the game well and didn't get burned.

Joe Savery is a 1B/LHP for Rice that pitches on Sundays for the Owls. He has a very nice, free and easy swing from the left-side of the plate, with very natural hitting mechanics. He hit a ball a ton to the left-center gap that probably would have been a home run in a ballpark with more modest dimensions (Tulane is playing at Zephyr field this year). Good glove at 1B, I hope to see him pitch again some day.

Josh Rodriguez played 3B for the Owls, and has DH'ed quite a bit this year due to a ailing shoulder. He is built well, and resembles Derek Jeter at the plate. Good bat, as he should hit at the next level. Glove needs work, and he could wind up in LF, where he'll need to hit for more power to justify the move.

Cole St. Clair came in relief of Degerman in the 7th. Someone asked about St. Clair earlier in this thread I believe. I like what I saw, and I'm not sure why he doesn't start, even if it's as the weekday starter given the Owls' strong rotation. He commands his fastball very well. There was no radar reading, but I would guess 88-90 range. He offers a fair amount of deception in his delivery. He only threw about 4 curveballs over 3 innings of work. He's going to need to tighten up that pitch, but two of them looked really good. Just when I was thinking to myself "does he throw a changeup?" he pulled the string and K'd a batter with a really nice looking one, the only one I noticed him throw. He struck out the first 5 batters he faced, and 7 overall in those 3 innings of work (including Tulane slugger Mark Hamilton). He's a big guy like Morgan, built strongly throughout, and employs a high leg kick that likely will make him easy to run on if he doesn't perfect his pickoff move.

Degerman is a senior, and Rodriguez is a junior, the other guys listed aren't eligible until '07, but they should help bolster what is looking to be a very talented '07 class.

I watched Saturday's tilt between North Carolina and Florida State on Saturday. This included another interesting pitching matchup pitting UNC's Robert Woodard vs. FSU's Tyler Chambliss.

Robert Woodard

I got to see Woodard pitch in the Cape Cod All-Star Game last summer, and it's pretty much the same with Woodard. Low effort delivery produced a mid to high-80s fastball. You could see a few scouts behind the plate not even using a radar gun to clock him (I think they were more interested in Chambliss). His fastball has a bit of dip to it, and he uses the whole strike zone well as you would expect from a guy who has success despite not having very good stuff. I still think Woodard could cruise through A-ball, but he is going to face more difficulty when he faces better hitters at AA and above.

Tyler Chambliss

Shorter yet athletic pitcher who owns the best breaking ball in the ACC. His fastball is in the low-90s, and his curveball is a true breaker that brings out a lot of bad looking swings. He reminded me of Tim Hudson, as he has that same kind of demeanor on the mound, and I could see him having success at the next level given his intensity and breaking ball, particularly if he continues to command his fastball the way he does. I could see him going somewhere in rounds two through five.

Shane Robinson

This was the 3rd time I've seen Robinson this year, and he's been the same player each time out. High energy, and plays much bigger than his stature. He electrifies the entire lineup.

Ryne Malone

Malone currently plays 3B for the Seminoles, but can play almost anywhere on the field. I think he profiles the best at 2B at the pro level, where he would profile as a Todd Walker type of 2B with a little bit of thump from the left-side of the plate and a disciplined eye.

I also saw Vanderbilt crush Florida on Sunday, 16-2. Florida is just not the same team from a year ago. Florida has become like Nebraska from a year ago when it comes to TV coverage. I think they've been on TV every weekend for the past month.

Matt LaPorta

Still taking a big swing, and not getting much contact. Ended the game with a K.

Adam Davis

Playing shortstop since Justin Tordi has moved on, but he's a 2B at the next level. Good line drive bat as a switch-hitter. Will draw David Eckstein comparisons, but Davis has more physical potential than Eckstein did/does.

Brian Jeroloman

Very good defensive catcher, but I wonder how good he will be at the plate. I still feel he's going to struggle against LHP as a lefty batter.

Arizona plays Arizona State later tonight, and it looks as though there will be some more interesting matchups on TV next weekend. With the Brewers season starting, I don't know how much attention I will continue to pay to the college games on TV.

CJ, is there any legitimacy to not drafting Rice pitchers? Are they overused or taught mechanics that don't translate at a higher level? They recently have had the reputation of being "tarnished goods" upon their arrival into the pros. Would this scare you in the future for St. Clair? I imagined it already scared off some scouts last year with Degerman, who had stats that warranted a much better draft selection.

CJ, is there any legitimacy to not drafting Rice pitchers? Are they overused or taught mechanics that don't translate at a higher level? They recently have had the reputation of being "tarnished goods" upon their arrival into the pros. Would this scare you in the future for St. Clair? I imagined it already scared off some scouts last year with Degerman, who had stats that warranted a much better draft selection.

First of all players don't get drafted because of the stats they post. That just doesn't happen, no matter how literally you took Moneyball. Even stat-minded organizations look above and beyond stats to evaluate players.

Second, if there was any legitimacy to not drafting Rice pitchers, you wouldn't have seen three taken within the top 8 picks in 2004, not to mention one more in the fourth round (Josh Baker). Most of the criticism is generally directed at HC Wayne Graham, but that's unfounded since he is also credited fo the development of Rogers Clemens and Andy Pettite (San Jacinto JC).

Third, as I noted, Degerman has some really odd mechanics going on. I'm on record for stating how much I dislike Tim Lincecum's delivery, and Degerman's might be worse. I poked around Baseball America's draft coverage from a year ago and it seems as though I'm not the only one with such concerns:

RHP Eddie Degerman (55) has contributed to Rice's rebuilt rotation by going 7-1, 2.94 and ranking among the NCAA Division I leaders with 10.7 strikeouts per nine innings. But his draft status is uncertain because he pitches with a stiff, over-the-top delivery that scouts compare to an Iron Mike pitching machine. He throws an 88-91 mph fastball, a curveball and a changeup all from the same slot, and his unorthodox mechanics throw hitters off.

Ok, I'll admit, when I said that players don't get drafted for stats I should have made an exception. There are a fair share of seniors that get drafted almost entirely based on their stats, as it's always interesting to see how much better certain seniors (the ones that put up better numbers despite not having ideal stuff & overall projection) elevate their draft stock with another year under their belt. Degerman without a doubt will be one of those seniors this year. Personally, I wouldn't touch him with anything more than a courtesy pick well after the 10th round, with all due respect to Degerman.

Quote:
First of all players don't get drafted because of the stats they post. That just doesn't happen, no matter how literally you took Moneyball. Even stat-minded organizations look above and beyond stats to evaluate players.

I shouldn't have used the word "warranted." What I meant to say was that under normal circumstances his stats correlate with a higher selection than he received. So I was asking if you could reconcile the disconnect between his numbers and when he was drafted. Which you did, and I appreciate it.

Thanks to a few posters for the updates provided above. I'm not going to repeat those lines here, so if you see someone notable missing, scroll back.

Daniel Bard

3.2 IP, 3 H, 4 R (3 ER), 5 K, 2 BB

Bard's struggles continue

Ian Kennedy

6.1 IP, 9 H, 5 ER, 6 K, 2 BB

Same goes for Kennedy, he picked the wrong year to struggle after dominating his first two

Max Scherzer

4 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 K, 2 BB

Scherzer returns to the mound against Kansas, here's to his health

Josh Butler

7 IP, 6 H, 3 R (2 ER), 10 K, 5 BB

The walks are uncharacteristically high, but he's not a big K guy either

David Huff

9 IP, 10 H, 2 R (1 ER), 7 K, 1 BB

Huff continues to pitch better after having a couple of consecutive shaky weekends

Wade LeBlanc

9 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 7 K, 0 BB

He shuts down #1 Mississippi State, has a 62:9 K:BB ratio in 61.2 IP

I want to bring up two pitchers that have not previously been discussed that are having fine seasons:

Nathan Culp

Culp is a 6'2", 180 pound LHP that has assumed the role as Missouri's ace in Scherzer's absence. He has pitching well all year, and is a prototypical crafty lefty with exceptional control. His numbers on the year:

6-2, 1.98 ERA, 8 games (all starts), 54.2 IP, 45 H, 37 K, 4 BB, 3 HR, .223 BAA

Cody Crowell

Mass Haas would like this Harwichport, MA native, who is having a very good year for surging Vanderbilt, and has created a very good bookend weekend rotation with Friday ace and fellow lefty David Price. Crowell spots his fastball very well, and mixes in a pretty good curveball. He's a draft-eligible sophomore after red-shirting his freshman year.

4-0, 1.76 ERA, 7 games (all starts), 46 IP, 37 H, 32 K, 8 BB, 0 HR

College baseball TV schedule for week of 4/3/06:

I want to point out the busy college baseball TV schedule this week, as there are some intriguing matchups particularly on Saturday.

Wednesday, 4/5

Nebraska @ Creighton

8:30 pm, CSTV

Thursday, 4/6

BYU @ UNLV

Friday, 4/7

Florida @ Kentucky

5:30 pm, FCSA

Saturday, 4/8

Wake Forest @ NC State

Noon, FCSA

LSU @ Tennessee

Washington @ Arizona State

3:00 pm, FCSP

Hawaii @ Fresno State

Sunday, 4/9

Texas @ Kansas State

Noon, FCSP

Tulane @ Houston

3:00 pm, CSTV

I'm glad I got a DVR this year...

The Brewers are on tonight, so there probably won't be any listeners interested (including myself), but there is one very interesting game on the radio for those that are interested:

Houston vs. Tulane

uhcougars.cstv.com/multim...media.html

Brad Lincoln faces his toughest test of the season as he faces the Tulane lineup, which is built on patience and power, like any good Earl Weaver ballclub.

Missouri vs. Nebraska

www.ktgr.com/

Unfortunately, tonight's game will not consist of Joba Chamberlain and Max Scherzer as it should had the two of them stayed healthy all spring. Chamberlain is scheduled to pitch tonight, although against Missorui LHP Nathan Culp who I profile above. Scherzer goes tomorrow. A Scherzer-Chamberlain matchup may have prompted a last-minute roadtrip.

Thanks Madtown, I'm going to take you up on your offer...

Did the scouts show more love for Rohlinger?

While I have seen McCulloch pitch before, I'm interested in getting your thoughts since he's coming off arguably his best start of the year. I admit, I kind of stop paying attention to him a few weeks ago given his relatively lackluster start. His overall stats aren't that bad, but he just doesn't seem to be as sharp as he has been.

For some of Texas' future talent, I'm assuming you're referring largely to Kyle Russell and Jordan Danks.

Did you get to see Tennessee's James Adkins? Anything you have on him and his battery-mate, J.P. Arencibia, would be appreciated.

Hey CJ! Sure I will give my thoughts.

I think I am resigned to the fact that Ryan Rohlinger won't be a first rounder infact who knows if he will improve his stock at all from last year. I am kinda partial to him obviously but the scouts seemed to like him. He didn't play so hot until Sunday but he is a gem at 3rd. He just isn't a 3rd baseman though! I wish Oklahoma had the talent to move him to his natural positions of 2B and SS. Oklahoma continuly gets these top 5 supposed recruiting classes but where does it show? Obviously there is a lack of development there somewhere. The couple scouts I got to talk to that actually would talk to me about players said they liked Ryan but he lacked their ideal size but said he has great baseball instincts and is a gamer. So who knows what that means. But the 2 guys I talked to said the only other OU non-pitchers that had a chance were Chuckie Caufield an Outfielder and Kody Kieser a Outfielder.

Let me tell you a little about the Texas every day players that impressed me. Carson Kainer, he played LF. I think he is a freshman or sophomore. He can flat out rake the baseball. He was patient and the ball just flew off his bat. Drew Stubbs, might have been the best player for the weekend. He is their CF and made termendous plays in the field and hit all over the place. It was fun to watch him play. A guy you mentioned Kyle Russell is going to be a STUD! Not only does he have a good approach at the plate but his defense is going to win them a lot of games. He has an absolute cannon for an arm! He reminds me a lot of Atlanta Braves OF Jeff Francour. Kyle McCulloch impressed me a lot. He mixed up all his pitches well and hit spots that were textbook. Didn't really throw hard as say McCutchen did for OU but pitched really well! Jordan Danks had a rough weekend and only DH'd so it was hard to tell with him but he hit in the 5 or 6 hole so Augie must have confidence in his stick.

Did not get to James Adkins pitch. I went to a mid week 2 game series vs. Siena. J.P. Arencibia however was pretty good. He played really well offensively and defensively in game 1 but in game 2 seemed really disinterested because he was only the DH. He was yawning between pitches and that was a big no no to me. haha.

If you have any other questions let me know. I will try my best.

College player updates for the weekend of 4/7/06

Brad Lincoln

8.1 IP, 4 H, 3 R (2 ER), 9 K, 3 BB

Faced biggest test of year in C-USA rival Tulane, and passed with flying colors, also went 2-4 with HR as cleanup hitter.

Wade LeBlanc

7.2 IP, 7 H, 6 ER, 7 K, 6 BB vs. South Carolina

The silver lining is that LeBlanc only allowed one extra-base hit, a double, against a very tough S. Carolina ballclub.

Andrew Miller

6 IP, 5 H, 4 R (2 ER), 3 K, 4 BB vs. Miami

This and the Maryland outings were his most lackluster of the season, but he still wasn't horrible.

Joba Chamberlain

6 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 2 K, 4 BB vs. Missouri

Still not sharp, but Nebraska out-slugged Mizzou LHP Nathan Culp.

Brandon Morrow

6 IP, 4 H, 1 R (0 ER), 5 K, 6 BB vs. USC

Morrow's unhittable, but he can definitely be worked for a walk.

Ian Kennedy

10 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 8 K, 1 BB vs. Cal

Kennedy goes the distance in a 10-inning, 2-1 game vs. Cal that USC and Kennedy win. Good performance after 3-4 blah ones.

David Huff

8.1 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 9 K, 1 BB vs. Washington State

Another good start for Huff, although he remains too hittable.

Josh Butler

8 IP, 15 H, 6 ER, 2 K, 1 BB vs. Portland

While Butler goes 8 innings and walks only one, this still looks like a very odd line. He gets hit around more than what he has been used to.

Max Scherzer

4.2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 3 K, 1 BB vs. Nebraska

A good line despite a short start. While he's building his arm strength back up, it will be interesting to see how long it takes before he's pitching 7-8 innings again.

Daniel Bard

4.2 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 6 K, 3 BB vs. Miami

UNC won this game, but Bard once again pitched poorly.

And since templeUsox brought him up last week, and I did again in my Crack of the Bat column this week, I thought I would point out that Vanderbilt LHP David Price struck out 17 Arkansas batters in 8 innings of work. Seriously, watch Price's name as he approaches Mark Prior status leading up to the '07 draft.

While the NC State/Wake Forest game is still being played (there was a 45-minute rain delay), I got to see a few key draft eligible hitters today.

Matt Antonelli is a player any stat fan could appreciate. I broke his profile down in the player breakdown thread, with his ability to draw walks being his most notable statistical attribute. I noted in that breakdown that Antonelli may be an ideal #1 or #2 hitter at the big-league level depsite batting third in college, and Wake Forest recently has moved him to the top of their order. While he's listed at 6' tall, he's probably more in the 5'10" range. Physically, he looked like a member of the Giles family with a shorter but strong build. Marcus Giles would probably be a good offensive comparison for Antonelli, who with his patient eye has some pop, some speed and is steady on defense. I've had Antonelli among my top 30 prospects overall all spring, and I think he is taken somewhere in the first round.

Aaron Bates is NC State's 1B, and I got to see some of him last summer at well. He's a big guy, a right-handed hitter and thrower, and has moved to 1B from behind the plate full-time. While I like his bat, I don't know if he's going to be a thumper at 1B, and I don't see him playing anywhere else. Maybe a corner OF spot, but his ticket is with the bat. He has put up big numbers for the Wolfpack, and I wouldn't doubt to see him put up some big numbers initially in the minors.

Jon Still for the most part is NC State's DH, after transferring from Stetson where he spent more time as a catcher. Like Bates, Still's catching days are behind him. I liken Still to Kevin Millar, and similar to Bates he will always make a living by how much he hits. Finding a spot for him defensively may be a problem, so he's probably best suited to be taken by an AL club.

Matt Mangini isn't eligible until '07, and he hasn't been hitting nearly as well recently as he was to open the season (when he was hitting .800 or so after the first 3-4 weeks of the season). He's batting 8th now in the Wolfpack lineup, but you can see the offensive potential with his big frame, and I think he's going to be a pretty good defender at the hot corner. I've compared him to Alex Gordon before, but I'm not so sure he is going to have that kind of potential. Maybe a hair below that.

97 K's in just under 60 IP for Price, just unbelievable. Not to toot my own horn, but Price was the first draft prospect I ever really followed (Due to his size and left-handedness). I was ecstatic to see that Logan White drafted him, even if he had little intent of signing him. Now it looks like he could be the first overall pick next year.

What can you tell me about Price's stuff, CJ?

If signability wasn't as big of a factor, Price never would have stepped on Vandy's campus. Don't be too happy over the fact that Logan White drafted him out of HS, it's not like he knew something other team's didn't. If anything be upset that White didn't do what it took to sign him, as now that price wouldn't likely look like a bargain.

Price is the total package. Mid-90s fastball, a deadly breaking ball and a very good changeup. Extremely athletic 6'6" frame. While I compared him to Mark Prior in regards to how much attention he will receive between now and June in '07, his size and stuff will probably garner more Mark Mulder comparisons.

Here's my profile of him from '04:

www.brewerfan.net/ViewAma...;draftId=2

On a sidenote, the Twins did a good job signing fellow Vandy recruit Kyle Waldrop away from that commitment in that '04 draft. I remember there were some rumblings at the time about Price possibly going in the first round as well with a similar pre-draft deal, but obviously that never happened.

Didn't the Dodgers also take Savery in '04? Ouch. Who did they take in '04 that they were worried about not signing, as Savery and Price sound like contingency plans?

In '04 they werent really concerned about signing any of their early picks. I think Elbert held out a little longer than the others but he signed relatively quickly. They also took Jeff Larish, who declined over $600k to return to the draft in '05 and signed for $200k.

I know Price had already established himself as a top prepster, but I was still pleased that White drafted him. I didnt realize he threw so hard. Sounds better than Miller...

David Price, what can you say? Depending on who his agent is, we could be seeing one of the biggest major league contracts ever given out in the amateur draft. I'm assuming he makes a progression in his junior season of course. Which isn't always the case, (i.e. Ian Kennedy). But if he can make the transcendent leap that Prior and Weaver made, don't be surprised to see him land a bigger contract than Prior (if for no other reason than the inflation adjustment). Unless I am missing something, he is the complete package. 3 plus pitches, left-handed, a great frame, off-the-charts make-up, polish, and you can go on and on. He should be very exciting to track over the next 1+ years. I just hope he doesn't drop for financial reasons. I would like to see a small-market, low payroll team land a stud like him.

Tim Lincecum keeps on chugging on, doesn't he? Into the 1st round at least, that's for sure.

Is there any reason for the disappointing season of Justin Bristow? I understand he is only a freshman, but he might have been the best player not to sign with a professional team (Jordan Danks certainly has an argument). I have to think that Auburn expected more than a .246/.321/.297 line. Hopefully he will rebound in the next two years so he can regain the draft status he once had.

talk about ouch in 2003 the cardinals drafted ian kennedy, max scherzer, and brett sinkbeil and couldn't sign any.

Yeah, that definitely hurts.

Tim Lincecum keeps on chugging on, doesn't he? Into the 1st round at least, that's for sure.

While Lincecum has been all of the talk this spring, I don't really understand why he is magically considered a 1st-round pick now. He's really not that much different than what he was a year ago. He had a mid-90s fastball and killer breaking ball then, just like he does now. It's not like he stopped walking batters, as he has 39 BBs in 71 IP this season, not a good formula at all, and while he is about as unhittable as they come, when he is hit he seems to be hit hard (5 HR so far this year, and college ratios to innings pitched are never the same as they are at the pro level).

And of course, that delivery hasn't changed one bit. Buyer beware...

Is there any reason for the disappointing season of Justin Bristow? I understand he is only a freshman, but he might have been the best player not to sign with a professional team (Jordan Danks certainly has an argument). I have to think that Auburn expected more than a .246/.321/.297 line. Hopefully he will rebound in the next two years so he can regain the draft status he once had.

I haven't heard a peep about Bristow. I know there were a few people around here, myself included, that thought Bristow would have a big enough year to be considered for the Brewers' first-round pick (5th overall). That obviously didn't happen, but what is more perplexing to me is the fact that he's not pitching at Auburn. There were quite a few people that thought Bristow was more talented on the mound, and that if he attended college he would be one of the better 2-way talents in the game.

That said, plenty of freshman have a hard time adjusting to college ball, and his career his young. For his own sake though, I hope he finds his swing.

Quote:
While Lincecum has been all of the talk this spring, I don't really understand why he is magically considered a 1st-round pick now.
Personally, I think he has shown enough consistency to warrant the selection. But even if you disagree, just the general lack of depth in the draft and the down seasons by some of the top prospects, make him a worthy risk to take. Lets say you have the 20th pick of the 1st round, would you really take Daniel Bard over Tim Lincecum? Even some of the teams who will be able to draft Scherzer or Kennedy might pass because of their bonus demands. I think Lincecum has become an attractive option because of a). his performance and b). the lack of performance by many of his peers.

College baseball TV schedule for week of 4/10/06:

The schedule gets better as the spring rolls on...

Thursday, 4/13

St. John's @ Notre Dame

Doubleheader on CSTV

Game 1: 11:00 am

Game 2: 3:00 pm

Being the first and second games of the series, we should see the Irish' two best starters, Jeff Manship and Jeff Samardzija.

Friday, 4/14

Baylor @ Texas

7:00 pm, CSTV

Texas is loaded with players, Baylor has an interesting LHP to follow, Cory Van Allen who I think is their Friday starter.

Saturday, 4/15

Clemson @ Georgia Tech

Noon, FCSA

I haven't looked in a while, but Jason Berken may be Clemson's Saturday starter now. Georgia Tech's offense is loaded.

Baylor @ Texas

2:00 pm, CSTV

Game two of the series, which should be Kyle McCulloch's turn in the rotation for the Longhorns.

Mississippi @ South Carolina

Not really a game to watch in regards to prospects, but both teams are near the top of the rankings in every poll.

Missouri @ Oklahoma

3:00 pm, FCSC

Ok, this is the game to watch! If Missouri's schedule holds, Max Scherzer will take the ball and face West Bend native Ryan Rohlinger.

Miami @ Florida State

6:00 pm, FCSA

Plenty of draft eligibles to watch in this one, highlighted by the two team's centerfielders, Jon Jay and Shane Robinson.

Sunday, 4/16

Clemson @ Georgia Tech

Noon, FCSA

Keep an eye on the schedule, as both games are scheduled to be televised, but that has happened before in recent weeks only to have one of the two games being live.

Miami @ Florida State

Noon, FCSC

Same as above.

Quote:
Missouri @ Oklahoma

3:00 pm, FCSC

Ok, this is the game to watch! If Missouri's schedule holds, Max Scherzer will take the ball and face West Bend native Ryan Rohlinger.

I have it on pretty good authority that you might not see Scherzer for the rest of the year....

Archived