Brewer Fanatic

2016-06-16 Brewers (Guerra) at Dodgers (Kazmir), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-6]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 16 | 9:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (30-36) | Dodgers (35-32)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/dodgers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_guerra-junior-11.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/dodgers_kazmir-scott-02.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Junior Guerra[/pitcher][h2]3-1, 3.31 ERA, 1.18 WHIP[/h2][h3]Game Log[/h3][h3]In his last start, Guerra held the Mets’ offense to one run over 6 innings. At the end of his outing, his ERA dipped to the lowest of all Brewers starters.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Scott Kazmir[/pitcher][h2]5-3, 4.52 ERA, 1.26 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Kazmir continued his in-and-out form in his last start against the Giants. He was plagued by first-inning walks and was unable to get out of the sixth inning.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. 3B Aaron Hill ®
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. RF Hernán Pérez ®
  7. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  8. CF Keon Broxton ®
  9. RHP Junior Guerra ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Chase Utley (L)
  2. SS Corey Seager (L)
  3. LF Trayce Thompson ®
  4. 1B Adrian González (L)
  5. 3B Howie Kendrick ®
  6. CF Joc Pederson (L)
  7. C Yasmani Grandal (S)
  8. RF Will Venable (L)
  9. LHP Scott Kazmir (L)

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So Guerra...he's doin' ok so far. I think he was the first guy Stearns acquired and many here were confused by it but there were a few other posters who said he was a guy to watch out for. It's still early for him but how could every team pass on him for so long?

He started as a catcher, if I recall. Just took time to learn how to pitch. He walked a lot of guys early, and didn't seem to really learn to control his stuff until he was 29. Dude just stuck with it - Venezuelan League, Independent ball - he just went wherever he could get a gig. It's a great story. I hope he keeps it up.

Trace Thompson has a stance/swing a little like Braun.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Keon Broxton can go away now. You can run fast. Cool. What else can you do? Honestly he sucks.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brian and Bill felt that New York got the replay right. They were pissed that they had to go to commercial while the review was going on, then the next inning started while the commercials were still running, and there was no explanation for either the TV fans or fans in the park.

Not sure why I'm waiting up on this one. Feels as though the Brewers offense is done for the night and I'm just waiting for one of the bullpen members to mess up.

Did that really go as far as Rock and BA are gushing about? It looks like it just made it over the fence.

Nothing is ever as impressive as they make it seem.

Brian follows that exaggeration with another about how Villar could hit 20-25 homeruns. I never heard anyone say that. I honestly have no idea why he's so highly regarded as an announcer. He says just as much dumb stuff as Schroeder does, it's just not cranky old athlete guy dumb stuff.

I never heard anyone say that.

Counsell has said that he thinks Jonathan can hit 20.

So if nothing is as impressive as Brian and Bill make it seem, it makes sense that they'd say 25.

Archived