Brewer Fanatic

Trade value: Junior Guerra

Guerra is the type of player Milwaukee needs to keep. Asking prices need to include DeLeon or another young #2 or #3. Who cares if he is 21 or 31. He is a cheap, quality option for this season and next. With no #1 in the future he is the anchor to the rotation. Guerra, Davies and Nelson should be untouchable. Give Hader a look in September and they could be an excellent 2 thru 5. Add a #1 and maybe we are on to something.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guerra is the type of player Milwaukee needs to keep. Asking prices need to include DeLeon or another young #2 or #3. Who cares if he is 21 or 31. He is a cheap, quality option for this season and next. With no #1 in the future he is the anchor to the rotation. Guerra, Davies and Nelson should be untouchable. Give Hader a look in September and they could be an excellent 2 thru 5. Add a #1 and maybe we are on to something.

No one should be untouchable. Closest for me would be Arcia.

I'm glad to hear Stearns is holding out for good offers on Guerra, but Guerra is definitely on the trade block right now. Doesn't mean he'll move, but he doesn't have much importance to the Brewers' plans moving forward outside of what he can return in a trade.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

My question is to the pitching coaches out there. How long can you throw the split finger fastball without getting hurt? I heard that it puts stress on your arms some way? Any experts out there?

The answer to my questions would direct me on how I would handle Guerra.

My question is to the pitching coaches out there. How long can you throw the split finger fastball without getting hurt? I heard that it puts stress on your arms some way? Any experts out there?

I've heard that it's more stressful but I don't know if I've ever seen any science behind it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the splitter the fashionable pitch in the 70's and 80's and then someone said it leads to injuries and coaches didn't want guys throwing it anymore? I never really thrown it as a pitch but I've thrown it and you definitely can "feel" it more than other pitches. Like I said though, I've never actually seen any studies about it.

I've heard that it's more stressful but I don't know if I've ever seen any science behind it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the splitter the fashionable pitch in the 70's and 80's and then someone said it leads to injuries and coaches didn't want guys throwing it anymore? I never really thrown it as a pitch but I've thrown it and you definitely can "feel" it more than other pitches. Like I said though, I've never actually seen any studies about it.

It will get hitters out, and it will destroy your elbow. That pitch put Bruce Sutter in the Hall of Fame, and retired him early.

No two arms are the same, you can't say for sure when it will happen, but it will happen.

It will get hitters out, and it will destroy your elbow. That pitch put Bruce Sutter in the Hall of Fame, and retired him early.

No two arms are the same, you can't say for sure when it will happen, but it will happen.

That's what I thought I heard. SO do we take a chance that he does not blow out the elbow (being 31, but has not thrown the splitter until recently) or we trade him? My thought is to keep him at least to this time next year. If he pitches the same way for another year, and their seem no reason he shouldn't, he should be worth a whole bunch more than now. The chances he blows out the elbow is just a guess. I think we should double down.

Take a baseball and jam it between your fingers and look at your forearm.

I pitched in high school and our pitching coach showed us that to explain why he didn't teach the splitter.

Take a baseball and jam it between your fingers and look at your forearm.

I pitched in high school and our pitching coach showed us that to explain why he didn't teach the splitter.

It is his elbow to do with it what he wants. My concern (or lack of concern) is how long will it last.

Archived