Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Tuesday 6/14

Rattlers rally for 3-2 win over River Bandits

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Wisconsin Boxscore

Marcos Diplan continues to put up impressive K numbers, if he can reign in his control I'd get pretty excited. i don't mean control in terms of walks, I mean control as in keeping the ball down and occasionally hitting a spot. He's the best example of effectively wild to come through WI since the Rattlers have been a Brewer's affiliate. I talk about being unconvinced when it comes to pitchers with big arms who aren't able to locate on the draft forum, and because of that Diplan gives me pause at this time, but he's been impressive none the less.

Trent Clark (2-4,3B) had the only multi hit game, he's been more aggressive since he's come back but he's still trying to find the right balance of patience of aggressiveness. I posted earlier in the season that when he makes contact good things tend to happen, he does hit the ball hard.

Wisconsin Recap

As much as I like Erickson sometimes his small ball drives me nuts. The Rattlers were down 0-2 in the 8th, with runners on 1st & 2nd, and he had Stokes try to sacrifice them over. I do understand moving both runners over, I see managers and coaches do it all the time, but I'm not down with giving away an out when the pitcher is on the ropes. The only out Nelson recorded was the free out the Rattlers gave him. Chris and I disagree on this, and always have, likely always will, and of course there's also the angle that players need to learn how to play small ball and bunt because it can be a situationally important skill. So there's the development angle, the being down in the 8th angle, and the fact the Rattlers had struggled to score runs for 3 straight days, but I thought it was a big inning in the making and was unhappy with the decision. I guess it's kind of like the contact play that's used up and down the organization and drives me batty because there's no way the Rattlers have broken even on the play when I've been watching in person or TV.

Wisconsin Top of the 8th

• Pitching Change: Makay Nelson replaces Jose Hernandez.
    David Denson walks.
    Max McDowell singles on a line drive to right fielder Hector Roa. David Denson to 2nd.
    Troy Stokes Jr. bunt pops out to pitcher Makay Nelson.
    Luis Aviles walks. David Denson to 3rd. Max McDowell to 2nd.
    Trent Clark singles on a line drive to right fielder Hector Roa. David Denson scores. Max McDowell scores. Luis Aviles to 2nd. Trent Clark out at 2nd, right fielder Hector Roa to first baseman Connor Goedert.
    Monte Harrison hit by pitch.
    Pitching Change: Ralph Garza Jr. replaces Makay Nelson.
    Isan Diaz singles on a ground ball to right fielder Hector Roa. Luis Aviles scores. Monte Harrison to 3rd.
    With Blake Allemand batting, Isan Diaz steals (5) 2nd base.
    Blake Allemand grounds out, second baseman Arturo Michelena to first baseman Connor Goedert.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Shuckers hold off Barons, move back to top of division

Biloxi takes four of five from Barons

Biloxi Shuckers

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/1/6/2/184141162/cuts/garcia_od1moxli_k8v01lur.jpg

Rene Garcia had two doubles and two RBI in the Shuckers win on Tuesday night (Michael Krebs

Biloxi Boxscore

Wei-Chung Wang was back in the middle ground today, it's been middle ground or worse in his starts for some time, but it was enough. Jaye Chapman was awesome for Biloxi earlier in the season and Daniel Tillman has been filling the closer role admirably for the Shuckers of late.

Johnny Davis (2-4) is hitting .333 at AA, but way too many of his hits are of the IF variety, and he's striking out quite a bit early in his tenure. I'll be looking for better contact and improved rate stats as he progresses. Garrett Cooper is hitting .316 after 57 games, the sample size continues to grow and the production remains steady.

Biloxi Recap

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Make sure you see Farm Director Tom Flanagan's latest updates in this thread.

Thank you for that. I read it hoping to see something ....... anything about Carlos Leal. Any word on him?

This was the last update from Flanagan (again, via Rosiak) on May 4th --

C Carlos Leal is seeing doctors this week about troublesome right shoulder. Could need surgery. Hit team-best .309 in 2015 at Wisconsin.

We'll ask Todd to please get an update for his report next week...

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final, Game One: Colorado Springs 6, Iowa 5

Final, Game Two: Iowa 15, Colorado Springs 5

Sky Sox Split Twin Bill With Iowa

Sky Sox rally to win game one, but are downed in game two

By Aaron Cheris / Colorado Springs Sky Sox

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/3/3/4/184139334/cuts/06_14_3425sm_pk_aikn4mcn_we2iqg8m.jpg

Orlando Arcia slid home with the winning run in the first game of Tuesday's doubleheader. (Paat Kelly photo)

We've covered much of this within this busy thread already, so please review the summary, and here are your box and log links --

Rehabbers Michael Blazek and Zack Jones combined to retire only one of the nine batters they faced...

Colorado Springs Game One Box Score

Colorado Springs Game One Game Log

Colorado Springs Game Two Box Score

Colorado Springs Game Two Game Log

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Darn it!

Catcher Manny Pina, who has been so very hot literally all season, left Game One of the Sky Sox doubleheader with what looks like a hamstring injury.

Col. Springs Bottom of the 6th

Yadiel Rivera strikes out swinging.

Orlando Arcia singles on a line drive to center fielder John Andreoli.

Manny Pina doubles (17) on a fly ball to left fielder Matt Murton. Orlando Arcia to 3rd.

Offensive Substitution: Pinch-runner Ariel Pena replaces Manny Pina.

Sky Sox will need a backup for Josmil Pinto starting Wednesday.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
As noted in the Menu above, Helena formally begins play Friday, and Maryvale on Monday, but some legion ball kids hit the field with the H-Crew tonight.

Helena Senators to meet minor league Brewers Tuesday at Kindrick Legion Field

And here's video from that game.

With Brewer batters facing Brewer pitchers to keep it competitive, a 7-1 final means it was a nice night for the Helena position players.

Remember, we posted during the overnightthat so far, nine draft picks are among the names on the Helena preliminary roster.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

As chock-full as this Link report was, the Sky Sox and Manatees play matinees on Wednesday, so look for a new Link Report to kick off by mid-morning.

No audio for the 9:35 AM Central Brevard game, so that'll be for the game log watchers...

Archived