Brewer Fanatic

2016-06-15 Brewers (Garza) at Giants (Bumgarner), 9:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-2]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 14 | 9:15 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (30-34) | Giants (39-26)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/giants.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_garza-matt-08.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/giants_bumgarner-madison-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Matt Garza[/pitcher][h2]0-0, — ERA, — WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Giants | 2015 Game Log[/h3][h3]Garza returns from the 60-day DL (right lat strain) to make his season debut against the Giants. He made three rehab starts with Calss A Wisconsin after injuring himself in his final spring training start.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Madison Bumgarner[/pitcher][h2]7-2, 1.88 ERA, 1.07 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Bumgarner didn’t get a decision in his last start — an eventual 2-1 win over Boston — but the lefty’s still rolling. He’s 7-2 with a 1.88 ERA with 99 strikeouts in 86 innings. And he has only given up more than two runs in a start twice this year.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  2. RF Hernán Pérez ®
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. 3B Aaron Hill ®
  7. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  8. CF Keon Broxton ®
  9. RHP Matt Garza ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Denard Span (L)
  2. 2B Joe Panik (L)
  3. 1B Brandon Belt (L)
  4. C Buster Posey ®
  5. 3B Matt Duffy ®
  6. SS Brandon Crawford (L)
  7. LF Ángel Pagán (S)
  8. RF Gregor Blanco (L)
  9. LHP Madison Bumgarner ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

My guess is that Garza only makes it through 3 innings and the pen gets burned which hurts us the rest of the road trip. I hope that if Garza does not preform adequately the leash is short especially after "walking away" last season. Hopefully I am wrong and he looks great but I am skeptical. Come on Matt, get the job done!

Welcome to the board, BrewCrewBlueDevil. :)

I agree that Matt should have a relatively short leash if he performs like he did last year. However, if there's improvement and he out-performs Wily, I'd give him some time to let things shake out. If not, we may as well bring Wily back.

He looked horrible in Appleton a few nights ago, A ball minor league hitters had no problem knocking him around. I hope he fares a lot better with the major leaguers...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The Giants' lineup in the lead has been adjusted to reflect the fact that Ángel Pagán has replaced Jarrett Parker as the starter in left field.

Oh man, ESPN just totally made me hold my breath.

To open SportsCenter, John Anderson said, "First up, the Milwaukee Brewers!"

I thought Braun had been traded. Nope, just an update that MadBum was mowing the Brewers down.

Well, in fairness to Matt's pitching…

A single bounced off of him.

Gennett and Pérez nearly collided, turning a pop fly that should have been an out into a double.

Luc made a hurried throw to third which would have gotten the runner had he taken his time.

Matt bobbled a ball briefly, resulting in the hitter being safe at first after a review.

Garza just got a gift strikeout after Luc convinced the ump that he caught a foul tip.

4 infield hits for the Giants so far. Garza's stranded eight runners through four innings, some of whom shouldn't have been on base to begin with. He's at 87 pitches. His count should probably be in the 60s.

I can see it now, the Garza haters are going to say look at all of the hits he gave up, but four of the hits were infield singles and one of the doubles should have been caught by somebody. The only player who scored got on base via an infield single. Yeah, Garza will likely not be sent out for the fifth due to pitch count, but that's due to some luckily placed weakly batted balls, not due to poor pitching.

Lots of positives from Garza tonight. Yeah pitch count could've been handled better but some of it was just bad luck. Good to see. Hopefully the pen is ready to answer the call tonight.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Garza was okay. His last season wasn't defined by just one bad start, however, and he isn't going to prove himself again with just one okay one.

Knebel has been awful since his return. I hope we don't regret dumping Ramirez.

I just wonder if Knebel is 100%. On Gamecast it said his fastball was 91-93; not sure if the telecast said that too but if so that's not right for him, he should be at 95-96.

Heckuva job there by Torres, getting out of bases loaded with nobody out in less than 10 pitches and only giving up one run.

Peréz would have been safe instead of caught stealing at second, but Counsell had used up his challenge.

Peréz would have been safe instead of caught stealing at second, but Counsell had used up his challenge.

Too bad it wasn't the 7th or later so we could have just asked nicely to challenge it anyway in the odd system that is MLB replay.

Well, that was a strange flyball that Flores didn't catch. I wonder if the ball was in the lights or if the wind affected it. At any rate, I'm glad he didn't try too hard and let the ball go by him for two bases.

Nice effort in center by Broxton, kind of the opposite of the conservative option that Flores took. Too bad it was a trap. Still, the main thing is that the ball didn't go by him.

Archived