Brewer Fanatic

Peralta to AAA

DR28

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where did you hear this? I'm not seeing anything on the Brewers site or elsewhere on the web yet.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

If best guys were really kept, why is Garza here AND why is he in the rotation? BS

How many starts does Garza have this year? Let's throw Garza under the bus because he performed poorly last year while also pitching injured. Not like he's had 8yrs straight of sub-4 ERA or anything previously. Should Cravy take Peralta's spot?

And.... Is Garza " pitching for himself"? His actions last fall and comments this spring are filled with selfish, not team, ambition. Sad thing is, out of everybody in the rotation, he is going to get a longer leash than anybody, in my opinion. They won't gave the stones to move him out of the rotation because of the drama and headaches he caused.....

And.... Is Garza " pitching for himself"? His actions last fall and comments this spring are filled with selfish, not team, ambition. Sad thing is, out of everybody in the rotation, he is going to get a longer leash than anybody, in my opinion. They won't gave the stones to move him out of the rotation because of the drama and headaches he caused.....

I hope he's "pitching for himself" because he's pitching for a job for the rest of the season and to save his career.

The other person that immediately comes to my mind with a similar situation was JJ Hardy. He was sent down and we gained another year of his services. Then we flipped him for Gomez, partly because of his newly added value. Will we gain another year of Willy by having him in the minors? Anyone have his current MLB time? If it was exactly 4 years coming into the season, we should get another year of his services (thru arby).

Wily was given too long of a leash if you ask me. He should have been sent down a month ago.

Wily at Colorado Springs? That straight fastball is going to get crushed in that thin air. Can't see how CS can help anyone figure things out.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

If (& I know big IF) Garza can pitch decent for his next 5 or 6 starts there is A CHANCE someone would be desperate enough to deal for him at the deadline, seeing him as an upgrade over the bottom of their rotation (perhaps the chiSox)

In that case I can only hope Stearns accepts the deal... A couple low minor league lottery tickets (a la the Lind deal) would be good.

Sending down 'free Wily' makes plenty of sense in that regard...

The other person that immediately comes to my mind with a similar situation was JJ Hardy. He was sent down and we gained another year of his services. Then we flipped him for Gomez, partly because of his newly added value. Will we gain another year of Willy by having him in the minors? Anyone have his current MLB time? If it was exactly 4 years coming into the season, we should get another year of his services (thru arby).

I didn't count the days but about a month and a half should give the Brewers another year.

Checked on Cotts Contracts.... Peralta's service time is listed as 3.033 before season started. Even if he's down a week or two, that should be enough time to get another year of service! I take back my earlier comments... Go Garza!

If (& I know big IF) Garza can pitch decent for his next 5 or 6 starts there is A CHANCE someone would be desperate enough to deal for him at the deadline, seeing him as an upgrade over the bottom of their rotation (perhaps the chiSox)

In that case I can only hope Stearns accepts the deal... A couple low minor league lottery tickets (a la the Lind deal) would be good.

Sending down 'free Wily' makes plenty of sense in that regard...

I'd doubt he'd be traded by then, but there is always the trade through waivers with a few extra starts that one could envision. Garza most likely needs to finish the season with Milwaukee and build trade value for this offseason. I think even lights out Garza(the 2+ERA type) wouldn't net Milwaukee as high a return as this offseason and Garza had under a 3.6 ERA finishing this season.

Wily's demotion was well earned with being a bottom 5 SP in all of baseball in many categories. Garza deserves another turn in the rotation, I'd imagine if he goes 5-6 starts of 6ERA performance, he gets shuffled to the Bullpen.

Oh, what fun it will be to see Hader who was advanced to AAA and Peralta demoted to AAA how their stats stack up vs. 1 another. Just to see how excited one can get on Hader should he really outperform Peralta.

Checked on Cotts Contracts.... Peralta's service time is listed as 3.033 before season started. Even if he's down a week or two, that should be enough time to get another year of service! I take back my earlier comments... Go Garza!

I think he has to be down 3 weeks minimum before his service time is paused. Or 3weeks minimum in order to count his days down against his service time. Lemme google search....

Well guess I'll do that another year as my computer froze both times.

I'd doubt he'd be traded by then, but there is always the trade through waivers with a few extra starts that one could envision. Garza most likely needs to finish the season with Milwaukee and build trade value for this offseason. I think even lights out Garza(the 2+ERA type) wouldn't net Milwaukee as high a return as this offseason and Garza had under a 3.6 ERA finishing this season.

In a debate of trading at deadline or during offseason, I would suggest moving Garza as fast as possible. I suspect that his poor pitching in 2015 is more likely the norm moving forward instead of being an aberration.

Should he pitch well enough to drum up some (ANY) trade interest, don't wait, jump on it while it is there.

Archived