Brewer Fanatic

2016-06-10 Mets (Harvey) at Brewers (Guerra), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1; 11 innings]

1992casey
A little surprised Counsell didn't light up the umpiring crew on the Flores slide. Yes, Flores came in way too wide and maybe slid a little late but he's safe if not for the illegal tag by the third baseman.

I didn't see an obvious "push" off the base. I saw the momentum of Flores and the tag staying on him throughout. I don't think they could've made that judgement call that he was assisted off of the base.

Flores is just about the most useless player the Brewers have:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The sad part is that if had just slid properly he would have been fine. Simple fundamentals.

How was that poor fundamentals? He slid in to the bag and the fielder pushed his hand off.

He was too wide and slid too late - went past the bag a bit too far.

I can't fault a guy for sliding too hard or to avoid a tag.

Carter or Nieuwenhuis just hits a flyball in the 9th on very hittable pitches and this game is long over anyway.

Congratulations Brewers on pissing another extremely winnable game away. This team has to be the least clutch team in baseball.

Put this game in a deep hole somewhere and bury it. This was flat out awful. Can't wait to be done with the Mets.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Carter or Nieuwenhuis just hits a flyball in the 9th on very hittable pitches and this game is long over anyway.

Congratulations Brewers on pissing another extremely winnable game away. This team has to be the least clutch team in baseball.

You could have said that about a dozen games last year too.

Hey, I'm not a strikeout hater but you can't say they don't matter when there are plenty of situations where simply putting the bat on the ball wins the game.

I didn't see an obvious "push" off the base. I saw the momentum of Flores and the tag staying on him throughout. I don't think they could've made that judgement call that he was assisted off of the base.

I agree. Watching it live it looked like he was sliding off the base on his own. Sure when you slow it down it looks like he pushed him off the base but I'm not sure that's what happened when watching it in full speed live. I don't think there's indisputable evidence to overturn that.

And the blocking the plate thing with Hill. I thought all you had to do was give the runner space to slide? Plawecki did that. He was blocking it at first but before the ball got there he turned his foot and allowed Hill a clear path to the front of home plate.

And Terry Collins is an idiot. 26 high stress pitches for Henderson who has already had shoulder problems and you send him back out for a 2nd inning and two pitches into it he gets hurt. Feel bad for Henderson because he worked hard just to get to the majors, got hurt and then worked hard to get back and then his idiot manager sends him out when he should've been happy with 1 inning and he gets hurt 2 pitches in to his second inning.

This was definitely one of those 'bring back the vent thread' games.

Games like this bring us back to reality a little bit. We're better than I thought we'd be this year, but we're definitely not contenders.

The Mets had the bases loaded with no outs twice and managed to score 1 run and were probably lucky to score that many and you're complaining about the Brewers? If the Mets just hit a little bloop to the outfield in the 9th, a sacrifice fly means nothing.

Watching it live it looked like he was sliding off the base on his own.

Looked to me like he maintains clear contact with the base at least long enough for his other hand to reach around if his arm isn't swiped off by the tag. Doesn't matter if it was intentional or not, you can't do that.

And the blocking the plate thing with Hill. I thought all you had to do was give the runner space to slide? Plawecki did that. He was blocking it at first but before the ball got there he turned his foot and allowed Hill a clear path to the front of home plate.

He was blocking it until Hill was what, 10 feet from the plate and starting his slide? That's an unreasonably small amount of time for a runner to switch course in his slide.

Another dejecting loss to the mets they are now the second most team I hate.

2008. I can never hate the Mets.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Until the Crew finds a way to get a hit when they have a runner in scoring position (or get a deep fly ball with a guy at 3rd and less than 2 outs) they are going to struggle to win consistently. :(

The Mets had the bases loaded with no outs twice and managed to score 1 run and were probably lucky to score that many and you're complaining about the Brewers? If the Mets just hit a little bloop to the outfield in the 9th, a sacrifice fly means nothing.

Umm, is anything I said untrue? No. How exactly was it 'complaining'. ? I stated a fact. I fully realize that Jeffress got out of a big jam in the top of the 9th. That has zero to do with our opportunities in the 9th. We still has a chance to win with a flyball from Kirk. The fact that the Mets blew a bases loaded opportunity earlier has nothing to do with our own missed chances.

Archived